Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's With This Rally In Dublin on Saturday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭I Drink It Up!

Morkarleth wrote: »
    Ho boy, the trolls are really out in force today! I guess the silly season isn't restricted to the news.

You have no idea what Trotskyism is, do you?

Unlike most Trots, I know what Trotskyism is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

prinz wrote: »
    Really, because earlier on in the thread I asked if certain people were going to be invited to attend and it was treated as a laughable suggestion..

If the church want to send representatives, under the whole "Thou shalt not kill" idea, then I doubt they'll be turned away.

Your whole "far right groups" is a strawman argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

Does your definition extend to include people who oppose racism? Or is it just your garden variety "hurp derp I hate dem PC brigades" type of ignorance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Bambi wrote: »
    You missed the all important word there. Trust me there'll be more resident against racism type beards at this then there would be if kim il jong was opening a puppet shop on grafton street.

On a total side note, that would rule.

To the broader point, why the hostility if someone wants to give up his/her Saturday to demonstrate solidarity with the family and say this kind of thing shouldn't happen? I'm kinda mystified.

Bambi wrote: »
    You missed the all important word there. Trust me there'll be more resident against racism type beards at this then there would be if kim il jong was opening a puppet shop on grafton street.

Exactly.

They are going to mess it up for everyone else. How many of these people make their living inside the Civil Liberties industry, in one capacity or another.

neo-liberal leftyism? :rolleyes:

geeky wrote: »

To the broader point, why the hostility if someone wants to give up his/her Saturday to demonstrate solidarity with the family and say this kind of thing shouldn't happen? I'm kinda mystified.

There is no hostility.....just a grim realization that this has all the makings of another Lefty Hijack Job......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

If the church want to send representatives, under the whole "Thou shalt not kill" idea, then I doubt they'll be turned away.

Being turned away is one thing. Were they included in the planning process from the beginning or anyone who doesn't come under the hippy-happy rainbow umbrella for that matter? I'm all for marching against mindless racist thuggery but not under any political or social banner out to points score and nothing else.

neo-liberal leftyism? :rolleyes:

No.

There is no hostility.....just a grim realization that this has all the makings of another Lefty Hijack Job......

How so? Last time I checked, the murder of 15-year-olds wasn't exactly a left-right issue.

• Advertisement

Being turned away is one thing. Were they included in the planning process from the beginning? I'm all for marching against mindless racist thuggery but not under any political or social banner out to points score and nothing else.

As of this point in time, the Gardai have not settled on a motive, and the only two claims of racism are coming from young ****ta-Beys mother and another lady of similar ethnic lineage.

Like I said, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to have a guess what happened here....but this affair is definitely all about point-scoring and staying relevant for the various Trot outfits who have 'jacked it.

It's great that everyone is complaining about a public discourse about an attack on a young boy being hijacked for point scoring by vested interests, in a thread specifically started by someone in a vested interest in knocking those who will be taking part.

How so? Last time I checked, the murder of 15-year-olds wasn't exactly a left-right issue.

Then why are the Unions, LGB, SWP and such like the main "organizing" force behind this? The football casuals should NOT attend this "rally", lest they find themselves lumped in and tarred with the same brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

why the hostility if someone wants to give up his/her Saturday to demonstrate solidarity with the family and say this kind of thing shouldn't happen? I'm kinda mystified.

I woudln't call it hostility.

Its pointing out the pure bullsh1t hypocrisy of the difference in the levels of liberal media attention given to a black victim of a crime compared to that given to the white victim of a crime.

Coupled with the fact that when the perpetrators are black the crime is hardly mentioned in the media.

When the perpetrators are white and the victim is black it's page 1 all day every day RTE on the case 24x7 , solidarity marches and 'End is nigh' and so on.

various Trot outfits

Just so we're all clear, what is your definition of a "Trot"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭sexdwarf

An innocent and much-loved CHILD was murdered. People are entitled to gather to voice their protest. I live in the area and we would all like to think that the young people of Dublin 15 are safe when they leave the house.

Since when were peaceful gatherings to remember a murdered boy 'Trotskyism'. You should remember that there is a bereaved family in all this and a young life cut short.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Just so we're all clear, what is your definition of a "Trot"?

Im guessing hes starting with the Socialst Workers Party

Morlar wrote: »

Its pointing out the pure bullsh1t hypocrisy of the difference in the levels of liberal media attention given to a black victim of a crime compared to that given to the white victim of a crime.

And the same level of attention was given to many recent knife murders, including the previous one I mentioned and Sebastiam Creane murder.
    http://breaking.tcm.ie/ireland/romantic-rivalry-linked-to-bray-tragedy-422931.html

You're seeing "LEFTY MEDIA BIAS" and ignoring what contradicts you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Could we not all just agree that what happened is wrong and a protest against racism, despite any political agendas, is a good thing if it brings together disparate communities. Why can't people just put their differences aside and do somthing positive. If you all think it's going to be a lefty hijacked event, get out and join it to balance things out. The fact that other similar incidents didn't lead to protest is irrelevant, forget the agenda, giving out about it shows you have just as much of an agenda as the subjects of your complaints, just assume that protesting against racism is good, and leave politics aside.

Any large scale event that says events like this, the murder of a child, won't be accepted by the community and the populace, are a good thing, and it more than likely was racially motivated in fairness. If the police said it was, after hearing statements from the boys friends, who suffered abuse before the incident, they more than likely heard the abuse was racist in nature. Thus the assertation of a racially motivated attack.

• Advertisement

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Im guessing hes starting with the Socialst Workers Party

Yes......and some more besides. I wont go into specifics, but dig deep enough, and you will find the old IRA gang in there too, same louts who were involved in the Dublin Riots, May Day Riots, etc. Agitators, heavies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

And the same level of attention was given to many recent knife murders, including the previous one I mentioned and Sebastiam Creane murder.

So the LGBT groups and the left wing organised a march for Sebastian did they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Will there also be a rally for the victims of white genocide in south Africa? or is that not fashionable enough..? M

And will the bleeding hearts still be interested when the full story comes out and it turns out this kid wasn't the little angel that the media would like him to be?

The hypocrisy is almost beautiful...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Because the assumption behind the demonstration is that race was reason that this kid was murdered depsite zero evidence that that was actually the case?

Of course you could claim that this isn't what people are rallying about but that would be total horse**** :)

Yes......and some more besides. I wont go into specifics, but dig deep enough, and you will find the old IRA gang in there too, same louts who were involved in the Dublin Riots, May Day Riots, etc. Agitators, heavies.

So your definition of "Trotskyite" is "IRA gang member/lout/rioter/agitator/heavy"?

The childs mother and another woman of the same lineage are the ones pledging the race angle.
    The Gardai, who are the only pertinent authority in this matter, have declared that they are yet to establish motive.

The Sunday Tribune, that bastion of clear-thinking, have made their minds up already.

• Advertisement

You're seeing "LEFTY MEDIA BIAS" and ignoring what contradicts you.

Name a single white victim of knife crime who was given this much media attention, had facebook campaigns and solidarity marches organised in their name by the rainbow coalition ?

So your definition of "Trotskyite" is "IRA gang member/lout/rioter/agitator/heavy"?

Did I say that?

Then why are the Unions, LGB, SWP and such like the main "organizing" force behind this? The football casuals should NOT attend this "rally", lest they find themselves lumped in and tarred with the same brush.

- Care to muster a source on this assertion?
    - I'm not too fussed about being tarred with any brush by people who want to sneer at this rally against the murder of a 15-year old.

Coupled with the fact that when the perpetrators are black the crime is hardly mentioned in the media.

When the perpetrators are white and the victim is black it's page 1 all day every day RTE on the case 24x7 , solidarity marches and 'End is nigh' and so on.

Just on this, I went to research what's happening on RTE's front page. Not a dickie-bird: http://www.rte.ie/news/index.html

But yeah, they're sure pounding that drum 24/7.

As for your assertion that "when the perpetrators are black the crime is hardly mentioned in the media", maybe an example would make your claim a mite more credible.

Did I say that?

You haven't really said much of anything. That is what I was able to take away from your post.

So, do you care to offer a definition or not?

Hey, Geeky, Where Kunle at??

• Advertisement

Orange69 wrote: »
    Will there also be a rally for the victims of white genocide in south Africa? or is that not fashionable enough..? M

And will the bleeding hearts still be interested when the full story comes out and it turns out this kid wasn't the little angel that the media would like him to be?

The hypocrisy is almost beautiful...

:confused: You do realise that this is a murdered child you're talking about? Angel or no, he was a 15 year old murdered. We should make a peaceful stand against all violence in our communities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

Name a single white victim of knife crime who was given this much media attention, had facebook campaigns and solidarity marches organised in their name by the rainbow coalition ?

Robert McCartney, in the north?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

As for your assertion that "when the perpetrators are black the crime is hardly mentioned in the media", maybe an example would make your claim a mite more credible.

But if there's no example it proves his point. AHA!

(this is a joke. in case you're confused.)

Orange69 wrote: »

Unless you know something we don't, that sentence is despicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭SlabMurphy

I would have thought that the type of lads who stopped the love Ulster march would want to give the tree huggers, gays and Trots ( Trotskyites) and a good kicking :D

Remember the postmaster who was shot dead by the Chinese immigrant??

I dont remember any marches for that one.......

Unless you know something we don't, that sentence is despicable.

I agree, if the senseless murder of a 15-year-old child isn't worth making a stand against, I don't know what is.

MaybeLogic wrote: »
    Robert McCartney, in the north?

That one recieved that level of much media attention because he was

a) the victim of crime
    or
    b) the IRA Ceasefire ?

SlabMurphy wrote: »
    I would have thought that the type of lads who stopped the love Ulster march would want to give the tree huggers, gays and Trots ( Trotskyites) and a good kicking :D

Your definitions are way too concise. These groups are often mixed, or touching off each other at least. The people who caused trouble on May Day probably dont care a whit about cars in the inner city.

So the LGBT groups and the left wing organised a march for Sebastian did they?
    Yes the usual tree huggers will be beating their chest in anguish etc, pretending that they give a sh!te.

• Advertisement

Your definitions are way too concise.

Says the man who still hasn't offered his own.

That one recieved that level of much media attention because he was

a) the victim of crime
    or
    b) the IRA Ceasefire ?

You asked for an example, I provided one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Nodin wrote: »
    Well it was the Gardai that first brought the racial motive to light, so maybe you should take it up with them......

Gardai have leaked incorrect information to the media before regarding one particular murder case I have in mind which was used as soundbites. Not saying it happened in this specific case but it certainly has happened in the past.

Your definitions are way too concise. These groups are often mixed, or touching off each other at least. The people who caused trouble on May Day probably dont care a whit about cars in the inner city.
    The Trots, hippies and tree huggers are mainly middle class trendy's just out to shock conservative middle class Mummy and Daddy. The lads invovled in the love Ulster riot ( like meself ) were mainly working class lads with a bit of pride in their country.

The Trots, hippies and tree huggers are mainly middle class trendy's just out to shock conservative middle class Mummy and Daddy. The lads invovled in the love Ulster riot ( like meself ) were mainly working class lads with a bit of pride in their country.

So you wrecked the city center, out of love for Ireland? **** off will you.....

segaBOY wrote: »
    Gardai have leaked incorrect information to the media before regarding one particular murder case I have in mind which was used as soundbites. Not saying it happened in this specific case but it certainly has happened in the past.

After all, as the trots will tell you, the police cannot be trusted....

The intention of the former is to prevent hatred between communities, the intention of the latter was to exacerbate tensions between communities.
    You disparage one and take pride from the other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

You hero. Ridiculous generalisations and admitting to rioting. You've really shown yourself to be a true patriot. If the lefty's are all middle class how is it left wing politicians have much more success from the working class electorate. :rolleyes:

MaybeLogic wrote: »
    The intention of the former is to prevent hatred between communities, the intention of the latter was to exacerbate tensions between communities.
    You disparage one and take pride from the other?

The guy is a moron, clearly. My guess is that him and his like will be lurking, come Saturday.

• Advertisement

So you wrecked the city center, out of love for Ireland? **** off will you.....
    We stopped the so called love Ulster march. The Irish govt. is respondcible for any violence that day by giving the unionists the go ahead to march :mad:

Advertisement