Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrupt Codecs?

• 09-04-2010 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hey,

I've an ongoing problem with my laptop, I've been told that my codecs are corrupt. Any .avi files that I haven't filmed myself (e.g. been sent or have downloaded) crash windows explorer, and windows media player. I have an external hard drive and I can plug it into another laptop and everything plays fine and nothing crashes. I am able to play the files on my computer using Vuze Player without problems but that's it. I used to be able to play them with VLC as well but windows explorer crashes before I get a chance to play them so it's too annoying...

Any advice?

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Download the Klite codec pack

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Bellemz

I have it...doesn't seem to help

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I think the K-Lite Codec pack install has a option "fix broken codecs", you could try that (Choose a custom install), also if you have any other codec packs installed, remove them, they'll only cause further headaches

Nick

Advertisement