Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming and Ongoing Events

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

The price is quite reasonable if your going for the full lan and not just a single tournament.

If there is enough interest in the community, then we could speak as one and try to get a reduction in the entry fee if we are just going down for the SF IV event.

We could also offer advice on a format for such a tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Azza wrote: »
    The price is quite reasonable if your going for the full lan and not just a single tournament.

Thats the point exactly...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Indeed, obviously all complaints on price are in the context of us only being interested in the SF tourney.

Well what would be an entry fee and prize pool you would be willing to travel to such an event for?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well what would be an entry fee and prize pool you would be willing to travel to such an event for?

The entry fee is more the prob for me. More than 20 unless it's something special is a bit mad.

If it was there or under 100'd be a reasonable FIRST prize for me.

• Advertisement

Yeah €20 would be reasonable for a big(ish) tournament.

Agree with Doom on the first prize also... we are not very demanding on resources at these events, hardware, network or space wise, so the prize and entry fee should reflect this.

Few othr things to note about this respawn lan.

Its actually €45 euro if you don't pre-pay online.

They are offering transport from Dublin (Trinity Collage) at 9PM on the Friday and return on Sunday for €12.

They are offering additional prizes such as computer cases, mice, keyboards, mouse mats as well as the cash prizes mentioned.

Rooms are available for €25 a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

The prize money for the Respawn Lan has been increased to €300

I have also pm'd them to see if their is any possibility of getting a reduced rate for SF4 only.

Right-o the Respawn lads have been back on to me. Along with the prize increase, they have offered us a registration fee of €12. This is pre-pay only though so if you turn up on the day, even if it's just for SSF4 then you will be paying €45. All in all though a fantastic offer from the lads and I will definetely be putting my name.

Here's a link for the cart item :
    http://www.respawnlan.com/sf4comp.htm

If anybody wants me to pre-pay for them let me know. I'll tell you when I plan to pay anyway.

Yeah thats good value for money, I would be interested in this now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah thats good value for money, I would be interested in this now.

*Nudges Dictator* Yeah me too. Let me know when you're doing it.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

A tourney? ON MY SIDE OF THE STYX? I'm there!

If D4RK ONION offers his personal protection from the boyo's then I'm there :p

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Haha, funny you should say that, cause me and 2 friends got jumped by a gang of teens and threatened with knives last night. Although I'm pretty sure they didn't actually have any knives.

I'm going to do the pre-pay for Respawn tomorrow at some stage. PM if you want me to do one for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Haha, funny you should say that, cause me and 2 friends got jumped by a gang of teens and threatened with knives last night. Although I'm pretty sure they didn't actually have any knives.

Jesus, stab city jokes aside. What happened, did they try and rob you or what?

Respawn has been cancelled... just got my money back

Just as well I forgot all about it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I do believe we are already in contact with them. Early stages though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

trademark slow reactions by farz :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

youre a jerk dreddy :mad: ;)

Advertisement