Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking Fine Question

• 09-04-2010 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Hi just looking for general opinions on a parking fine I recieved in the post this morning.

I have been given a €40 fine for 'parking in a clearway' on Paddy's Day just gone. Now my question is I was parked on Custom House Quay just past the Juries and as far as I'm concerned it was Paddy's Day which is a bank holiday so therefor we are free to park on the Quay's on a bank holiday or am I wrong ?

Also on the fine it says I was parked on 'Clarion Quay, Dublin 1, Dublin' now I have searched for this on google maps and as far as I can see its physically impossible to park on that 'Quay' as it seems to be just apartments and restraunts.

Im wondering do I have a case here to get the fine squashed as they have the wrong location on it or am I wrong about being allowed to park on the quays on paddy's day and just accept the fine ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

On a public holiday, you can park for free in locations where you would normally have to pay. You can also park on single yellow lines (within the applicable hours, if stated).

You're never supposed to park in Clearways (unless there are hours stated).

Were you actually parked in a clearway?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

dudara wrote: »

Were you actually parked in a clearway?

I just had a look at the signs now and on both signs it just has no parking between 07-10hrs & 12-19hrs mon - fri, no clearway signs under them :confused:

Advertisement