If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7404 / 8404 - will they be disappearing soon / availability...

Options
  • 09-04-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

... liking these and think that for various reasons (price / size) etc I'd like to get one in the next while but am wondering how long more you'll have them for given that there's new models.

Thanks,

ZB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Zaphodbeeb

We have these TV's in stock at the moment and once they are sold through thats it, they be gone for good.....

If these are what your after i'd say grab one whilst we have stock.....

Buzz me on 01 474 0788 if you wish to discuss

Cheers
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

zaphodbeeb wrote: »
    ... liking these and think that for various reasons (price / size) etc I'd like to get one in the next while but am wondering how long more you'll have them for given that there's new models.

Thanks,

ZB

ZB,

Thanks for the post (and the one the other night re. The Philips site - I got a txt from another Boardie at 02.30am alerting me :eek:)

We have good stocks of the 42PFL8404 - but we can do a clearance at EURO €849.99 including the two year warranty - the replacement (40PFL8605) will be about €1499 :eek:

The 7404 is tighter stockwise but again I can do a Boardie clearance at €769.99..(and again it's replacement will be about €1299)

Keep me posted and thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dublinadil

Hi John and Ash and the rest of the crew

do you still have any 42inch 7404 kleft at the specail boardie price and on display at the dame street store ?

im attempting to persuade him to buy from you guys instead of pix:eek:

we are planning to come visit the dame street store on saturday afternoon and if likes the looks of it hopefully a purchase will be made

and honestly its not for me i ma waiting for the 46 inch 8 series 3d ready tv

Hi Dublinadil

I'll have an answer for you a little later today on that on - all my stock is currently reserved but there is a question mark over one of them.

Once I have a more concrete answer I'll get back to you.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Dublinadil

I only have my display models on the 42PFL7404H remaining.
    Naturally we have all the orig packing and remotes etc, plus you get a 2 year warranty with these as well.

I do have the 42PFL8404H brand new and boxed however if they need a little bit of NET TV and Ambilight action thrown into the mix.

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

dublinadil wrote: »
    Hi John and Ash and the rest of the crew

do you still have any 42inch 7404 kleft at the specail boardie price and on display at the dame street store ?

im attempting to persuade him to buy from you guys instead of pix:eek:

we are planning to come visit the dame street store on saturday afternoon and if likes the looks of it hopefully a purchase will be made

and honestly its not for me i ma waiting for the 46 inch 8 series 3d ready tv

DublinAdil,

I will do a brand new boxed 42PFL8404h at just €829.99 including the 2 year warranty - we only have a few left and they are really a beautiful TV!

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Cant go wrong at that price!
    stocks are low however best act fast.

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

To collect this. Don't let me buy a blu ray player while I'm there :-)

reserved and set aside for you.
    Dont worry I'll twist your arm re BluRay player.

see you soon
    Ash

I told you not to let me buy a blu ray player :-)

Actually, one thing you could help me with - the set didn't seem to have come with (or more likely I lost) the four screws that secure it to it's stand. So I have the telly all set up and the base is fully secured to the stand but ironically I can't secure the tv to the stand.

If you could advise what type / size of screw I can probably nip out to Woodies....

-ZB

• Advertisement

Hi ZB

I'm a salesman, I have to sell you things! Besides the Blu-Ray player will really let your new TV strut it's stuff:D

Hopefully you havent disposed of the packing.
    The 4 screws will be in a little plastic ziploc bag usually attached to the cardboard packing surrounding the stand - easily over looked in the excitement of unwrapping the TV.

I'm sure I could rustle up a few if you cant find yours.

Cheers
    Ash

Telly is just fantastic. Connected a hard disk to the USB port and it's playing everything from DVD rips (my own dvds of course) to Divx to mp3 etc no bother. Pics from digital cameras look amazing.

What a TV! Also rented "UP" and 2012 over the weekend [I was *always* getting the BR player :-) ]. Up was just draw dropping. 2012, was, well...

Thanks so much for everything!

Really glad you are enjoying your TV.

It is a beauty:D

Yeah 2012.... it looks good and is just a big dumb fun film...disengage brain and all is well!
    "Up" is very impressively detailed and enjoyable film.

cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.