Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bias of moderator in Politics forum

Options
  • 09-04-2010 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

How do I make an official complaint about a moderator who is using their own political bias and power to denigrate a legitimate Irish politics topic from the 'Politics' forum where it was started and moved to the 'Conspiracy Theories' forum.

I am a long term Boards member and use this site 90% for the Irish language forums, and occasionally politics/motors/creative writing/literature etc.

I have no axe to grind, unlike the moderator in question, Scofflaw, who is proving time and time again that they are not suitable to moderate as they are far too biased

Please. We need an objective, fair moderator particularly on a forum such as Politics.

I will have to move forums if this is not acted upon, as much as it would break my heart.

Please See topic in question:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055875275

Please somebody do something about this. What's going on is Wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Is it competely pointless posting here?????????????????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

pog it wrote: »
    Is it competely pointless posting here?????????????????????????????
    Not at all. Given that this isn't a job, replies on the Help Desk can take a while, though are dealt with as soon as people have time. Best we can do with a budget of zero unfortunately.

The boards dispute resolution procedure is the thing to be followed before coming to the Help Desk. Assuming you've PMed the moderator in question and received a reply by PM, you can escalate it to the cmod for Soc if you didn't get a reply to your satisfaction and then here to an admin if you didn't get a satisfactory reply from the cmod.

Given that Scofflaw is one of the Politics mods and also one of the two cmods for Soc, I can offer you two options, assuming you've already sent him a PM and not received a satisfactory reply. The first option is to PM the other cmod for Soc, nesf. The other option is to short circuit that in the circumstances and have me deal with it or one of the other admins if they get to it first (I may be away for a chunk of the weekend). If either is good for you, let me know which.

FYI Politics has six moderators. As you may notice from the left hand pane on this post or the list of moderators at the bottom of the forum, one of them is me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

I moved the thread, not on the basis of the topic, but on the basis of the way the topic was going - of which this, from the OP, is typical:
    Do you think that the decissions are made by our politicians? Or are they really being made by these shadow government oligarchs?

I have no problem with a discussion of the Trilateral Commission's history / influence / membership and the like - that's clearly Politics - but a discussion of "shadow government oligarchs" is a CT topic. It would be the same for the Bilderberg group - if people want to discuss the actual Bilderberg group, that's fine, if they want to discuss the the secret world government of NWO fantasy, it's not.

I accept that I'm obviously using discriminating between what I consider to be fact and what i consider to be fantasy. In the case of this thread, I waited to see which way the discussion was going, and made that judgment call. I don't have any particular issue with it being reversed, but I would probably have closed the thread on quality grounds if I hadn't moved it.

For the record, I have had no contact from pog_it or any of the other vexéd posters on the matter. Possibly they regard there as being no point in communicating with a shadow oligarch like myself.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Advertisement