Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden, The O2, July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Awesome news! Have never seen them live. I'll be so there!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

:eek::eek::eek:

I'm there!
    they have to be one of the best live bands ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

I was going to go to sonisphere to see them :eek:, but i say an indorr show will be unreal :D

Anybody think it will sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Mark2229 wrote: »
    Anybody think it will sell out?

Dunno myself but I'm going to be up at 9am on wedensday hitting F5 just to be safe! (and same again on friday if the presale sells out and i miss it)

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Dunno myself but I'm going to be up at 9am on wedensday hitting F5 just to be safe! (and same again on friday if the presale sells out and i miss it)

I dont have a credit card so i cant do that :mad:
    But iv never had a problem getting a ticket at a ticketmaster so il be heading into town at around quarter past 8 with 2 friends :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'll have a spare O2 presale code for anyone who wants it, will be gettin mine from Maiden presale on tues :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Mark2229 wrote: »
    I dont have a credit card so i cant do that :mad:
    But iv never had a problem getting a ticket at a ticketmaster so il be heading into town at around quarter past 8 with 2 friends :pac:

I'm pretty sure they take laser on the ticketmaster website also

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they take laser on the ticketmaster website also

Havent even got one of those :rolleyes:
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I have a spare O2 presale code for this if anyone's interested

GONE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Anyone have a link for the fan club pre-sale? Have a code, but not sure how to get into the sale itself!

EDIT: Never mind, got it sorted, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Sweet Im going too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Got my two standing tickets, cannot wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I got 2 standing, now to put on loud music and enjoy the rest of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

WOOHOO! Got my two standing! See yis there! And yes the exclamation marks are necessary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

chin_grin wrote: »
    WOOHOO! Got my two standing! See yis there! And yes the exclamation marks are necessary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO! :D

don't think there'll be too much of a problem getting tickets for this, could be wrong of course, but I don't see it selling out in the near future.......still fan club presale tickets available and no mention of O2 presale being sold out, don't get me wrong, I think it will sell out - or pretty close in the end, but there's so much stuff I think people will be waiting for pay day etc......

i was but a good mate kindly offered to pick up the tickets for me :D

more excited to see Dio again to be honest......hope he's fit and well by the time it comes around.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

ye I don't see it selling out super quick either, they're one of those bands that's always on tour, then again Final Frontier is supposed to be their last album :( . First date on the tour too, should be a good one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Just read this on the official Heaven and Hell website.....

"We have to announce that all forthcoming Heaven & Hell European shows have been cancelled as sadly Ronnie isn't well enough to tour this summer. We hope that everyone understands and want to thank fans and industry colleagues for their continuing support at this time."
    Heaven & Hell - May 4th, 2010

Absolutely gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,440 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Old news man

Where were you for the last week lol

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Hey folks,

Quick question about the Iron Maiden gig tonight in the O2 if anyone can help...basically I have 2 tickets, one wheelchair and one attendant. The wheelchair ticket is for my mate, who isn't in a wheelchair but is entitled to disabled tickets (severe sight problems). Just wondering, do we have to go into the designated wheelchair area with these tickets or will they let us into the general standing area, where we'd rather be. We didn't get the tickets ourselves, otherwise we would have bought general admission ones.

If anyone can help that'd be deadly, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

You'd more than likely have to go into the disabled area.

Ring Ticketmaster Customer Services on 01 6486060.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Tonight!

Haven't got my ticket yet but I don't think I should feel too worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Great performance, band were really on form tonight. Liked the new song El Dorado and I'm looking forward to hearing the studio version.

I'm split about the setlist. At least with a band like Maiden, I'm glad that they don't batter out the same setlist every single tour. To compare, I'm bored of seeing Metallica live at this stage because they play the same predictable songs at every single show (One, Seek and Destroy, Master of Puppets, etc.) A shame because they really do mix up the other hits and lesser-known songs that they choose to play more often than most other acts.

So back to Maiden: I thought the gig started off well but lost momentum somewhere during the middle. I felt two or three "hits" or "oldies" could have been peppered in at the expense of one or two of the longer newer songs. The venue really livened up when the band played Fear of the Dark, as well as the songs played during the encore.

Didn't have any problems with the sound and as usual, The O2 proves itself as a top venue in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Great gig enjoyed the new stuff but loved the oldies.
    Hairs standing up on the back of my neck when Eddie arrived on stage.
    Up the Irons

Advertisement