Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Al Jazeera cards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Londoner

Yeh a friend of mine his not working too. All channels not working now lol...Lovely.

Mine did work this afternoon, but once I did a re scan of channels, channels seem to be scrambled. oh well...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

rescanned

nothing working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Pal wrote: »
    viaccess ART card on Hotbird.

everything gone.

time to call marconi !

I got a reply from Marconi in regards to a card swap.

He said and quoted "that broadcasters have the right to change their terms and conditions that Marconi will not be liable for".

Anyhow my Art and my Al Jazeera card are still working fine (No AJ channels on my Art card but showtime is still there)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

"that broadcasters have the right to change their terms and conditions that Marconi will not be liable for".

Might have to open a dispute in Ebay if thats the case. Nowehere in the Ebay add does it mention this clause. Only have the card 2 months on ''a guaranteed 12 months viewing''

What do you reckon my chances are?

Superfin wrote: »
    "that broadcasters have the right to change their terms and conditions that Marconi will not be liable for".

Might have to open a dispute in Ebay if thats the case. Nowehere in the Ebay add does it mention this clause. Only have the card 2 months on ''a guaranteed 12 months viewing''

What do you reckon my chances are?

Possibly you'll have a case alright we'll see what happens come April, But to be honest ive had 10 months out of mine, So I for one won't loose to much sleep.

But have to admit my Al Jazeera card has been solid all the 10 months ive had it and ive been more than happy with its coverage.

Im thinking of going 100% Polish for next season onwards.

Cyfra+ multi channel and then full Polsat package (Including HD)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Actually just read the Ebay listing again

''All programmes broadcast are subject to the broadcasters own terms and conditions available on their own websites. Marconidigital or Sharplcd45 shall not be held responsible for any broadcast changes''

Sh*t, thats not good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

maybe time to make that great leap into spiderbox

I too am looking at the spiderbox now, is there ones where you can use wifi instead of a Ethernet cable to connect to the net!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Londoner wrote: »
    I too am looking at the spiderbox now, is there ones where you can use wifi instead of a Ethernet cable to connect to the net!
    I'm open to correction but there may be some problems as regards futureproofing.....?

Can't really say much more than that.
    I'd imagine the attraction with this box is the price? If so, I have also come across another box recently called an Opticum HD 9600 - was very cheap for a HD box. Have no feedback as regards quality/reliability but it doesn't seem to have compatibility issues and must therefore be reasonalby well supported..

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

This evening all my JSC channels are scrambled, using Viaccess JSC card. :(

Edit: Rebooted the box, and they're back in action. False alarm! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭thomasking22008

my showtime is not working aswell on art card with techomate 1500ci:mad:

Well bad news, ive just heard now that all blue viaccess Al Jazeera cards will be turned off at the end of April.

I feel sorry for anyone that has just brought one.

Thats a huge bad bad business mistake by Al Jazeera, as people will loose all trust in them.

Its already been confirmed by my supplier he will not be held responsable for a card change, so lesson learnt, not to buy an Al Jazeera product again.

I always thought this package was too good to be true.

Blue Al Jazeera cards begining with 319 will be switched off end of April 2010. Blue cards starting with 322 will be fine.

byte

FFFUUUUUUUUU..

This is quite a shame, after already paying to retain the 6 newer channels.

I guess, if we lived in UAE, we'd just request a replacement FOC.

The joys of buying cards from outside the proper region :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

byte

Hm, could be worth a gamble!

Have to admit, I'd hate to lose JSC, I love that package a lot, despite lack of EPL!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭thomasking22008

me too i hate to lose al jazeera sport cos those package are great value showing more game i been hoping waiting until end of july if al jazeera sport will showing epl plus any footy european league

byte wrote: »
    Hm, could be worth a gamble!

Have to admit, I'd hate to lose JSC, I love that package a lot, despite lack of EPL!
    im not paying any more money out.

come july i'll renew my cyfra+ and possibly get a polsat hd package for 230e.

Me too not paying no more money. Will wait till august and get digital + package on dreambox HD, had enough of these cards!

See this is what has annoyed me now, ive gone down the offical card route this year and companies like ART/Al Jazeera treat customers like a piece of dirt.

Sometimes i have no sympathy for them when they are attacked with piracy. If they treat offical paying subscribers like they have this year then they wont get any sympathy from me.

Digitalb has been a very poor service this season as well as far as i know.

For me Cyfra+ has been the best 150e ive spent this year!

byte

I'd guess though, that if you lived in the intended region of Al Jazeera and ART, then the card change would not be an issue - you'd just request a replacement?

I'm still considering taking a risk on that card upgrade, though a thought just occured to me, I'm not sure if either the Diablo CAM or TM cardslot can work with Via 4.0 cards? Anyone know?

Digitalb has been abyssmal. Coverage is sporadic, even the techincal side of things is dire.

Cyfra+ has been pretty good alright, though I struggle with the Polish chat :)

Going forward to the coming season, I don't know who to go for...

Maybe Tring? Or find a reasonable Czech Link supplier (though I'm worried the new Astra 3 sat at 23.5E, when it ever gets off the ground, will be more zonal, and if Nova Sport moved to a tight beamed sat, I'd be screwed).

*sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

I'd guess though, that if you lived in the intended region of Al Jazeera and ART, then the card change would not be an issue - you'd just request a replacement?

I'm still considering taking a risk on that card upgrade, though a thought just occured to me, I'm not sure if either the Diablo CAM or TM cardslot can work with Via 4.0 cards? Anyone know?

Digitalb has been abyssmal. Coverage is sporadic, even the techincal side of things is dire.

Cyfra+ has been pretty good alright, though I struggle with the Polish chat :)

Going forward to the coming season, I don't know who to go for...

Maybe Tring? Or find a reasonable Czech Link supplier (though I'm worried the new Astra 3 sat at 23.5E, when it ever gets off the ground, will be more zonal, and if Nova Sport moved to a tight beamed sat, I'd be screwed).

*sigh*

Ye know what Byte...., if Tring can produce the goods with 3pms, English Audio & no messing around like Digitalb have repeatedly done - they'll be getting my hard earned!

Regarding Nova - On 23e, there is no better picture & audio out there On Any Channel(sd). - If you can get a card & hopefully they don't have a tight beam on that sat, I'm telling you this - your mouth will be watering.

picture of nova on 23 Byte if your interested.

Nova23e-1.jpg?t=1271803378

byte

WRT Tring, I can't help but worry they'll bring out paired cards and hardware, like with Digitalb HD, to keep English FA happy....

And yeah, I ahve good signal of Nova Sport atm on 23.5E (no pic), just can't be certain they might not get switched to a tight Eastern beam if Astra 3 gets into place...

WRT Tring, I can't help but worry they'll bring out paired cards and hardware, like with Digitalb HD, to keep English FA happy....

Yep thats probably the route they'll go imo... ( shame:( )

For me English Audio, 3pm's & plenty of live footy is a must next season.

Manc-Red wrote: »

Im in czech this June, I'll be looking at a czechlink card but for what ive read Nova sports is actually a subscrption channel on that package and the rest of the channels are prepaid for up to 3 years!

Also id get a 1 west card if i could for Digitv/UPC but signal is to patchy in the winter due to bad weather.

UPC on 19.2east is an option, but i think all packages are subscription and not pre paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Zardoz

snaps wrote: »
    Also id get a 1 west card if i could for Digitv/UPC but signal is to patchy in the winter due to bad weather.
    UPC Direct on 1w is a very strong satellite now ,Thor 6 is covering alot of the channels.

im abroad now for the summer, where the blue via 3 cards switched off on the 1st may?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 loczkins

so nobody is going for JSC next season?
    I'm still interested despite I lost channels in May too(100 gbp for la liga&champions league is quite tempting).
    Anyone already bought and is satisfied?

loczkins wrote: »
    so nobody is going for JSC next season?
    I'm still interested despite I lost channels in May too(100 gbp for la liga&champions league is quite tempting).
    Anyone already bought and is satisfied?

No im not going to bother after all the messing about last season. Sticking with Cyfra+ and possibly Polsat.

RTE/ITV for champs league and foreign fta channels.

• Advertisement

Manc-Red wrote: »

Its a real shame that the UPC 1 west transponder that carrys these channels is on the Thor K2 beam, to weak this far west, otherwise UPC would be a good bet. 19.2east version of UPC doesn't carry the HD channels.

Advertisement