Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Al Jazeera cards

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Thanks guys, I stayed up till the early hours and got 85% on JSC, delighted with that as I reallyn thought the job had been botched! Instead it was me, still finding my way around gotox/usals/bouquets etc ;-)

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

gambiaman wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I stayed up till the early hours and got 85% on JSC, delighted with that as I reallyn thought the job had been botched! Instead it was me, still finding my way around gotox/usals/bouquets etc ;-)

Cheers

Ahhh! Well done. :)

Haha, cheers carbsy.

i am still a little stunned at how user-unfriendly usals is on the vuduo - sorry, but it should be a-b-c.
    And it's not. A little annoyed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Haha, cheers carbsy.

i am still a little stunned at how user-unfriendly usals is on the vuduo - sorry, but it should be a-b-c.
    And it's not. A little annoyed

Surprised by that m8 - M8 of mine has one and has no complaints...

I'll be sticking to the Dm I think

Manc-Red wrote: »

Hi manc-red, dunno if it's just me but the circles that have to be done to get this thing working with usals with all sats is a little annoying.

I will say I am a complete newbie to all this so maybe it's just me.

I think the box is amazing, the dogs.

I think any comments I make should be taken with a lorryload of salt!

I think it's an amazing box.:)

• Advertisement

Hi manc-red, dunno if it's just me but the circles that have to be done to get this thing working with usals with all sats is a little annoying.

I will say I am a complete newbie to all this so maybe it's just me.

I think the box is amazing, the dogs.

I think any comments I make should be taken with a lorryload of salt!

I think it's an amazing box.:)

Haven't seen it in action yet but its making some serious waves in the satellite world.

Long may it last.

Haven't seen it in action yet but its making some serious waves in the satellite world.

Long may it last.

I bought an Edision Argus Mini Ip just a few weeks before that and it was **** easy to set up using usals.

Again, more than likely it's just me being a noob.

PS it is a great box.

I bought an Edision Argus Mini Ip just a few weeks before that and it was **** easy to set up using usals.

Again, more than likely it's just me being a noob.

PS it is a great box.

Noobs usually don't get involved with usuals.

Your absolutely flying if so.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

PQ not to bad tonight for the man city match

snaps wrote: »
    PQ not to bad tonight for the man city match

I've seen it worse but that reminds me of watching the Copa America about 10 years ago.

Good audio for a change

• Advertisement

Update! It was me being a total noob, everything working with usals. Was my lon. that was out by 2deg!

I'm actually thinking of grabbing a second box for the bedroom when I get teh pennies together, it's that good.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Audio is absolutely shocking on +5 for the J-league game. It's like watching an internet stream with the audio bitrate set to around 16kbps :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Picture quality not to bad on +3 for the liverpool match. I know the game is in 4/3 (Black bands on ESPN either side of the picture), But Al Jazeera isn't to bad considering its been stretched/zoomed etc etc.

Talking of ESPN, I would be gutted if i had an ESPN sub and suddenly found out their UEFA cup coverage is blocked in Ireland and you actually need a ****anta sub as well!!!

All the more to invest in an Al JAzeera card!!! They are showing all the English teams tonight in Uefa cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Quick note on the Al Jazeera cards. After ages waiting to set it up, finally got my kit installed last night and tried out the Al Jazeera Sports card I ordered online.

Originally I was worried as I was sent an orange card, not a blue one. I've since found out only cards with 319 or earlier on them are affected. New cards are still orange it seems.

I'm getting channels 1 to 8 as promised using a Viaccess CAM in a Humax Foxsat HDR CI slot. No problems here at all, PQ is great!

Just an FYI in case you are sent an orange card. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Looks like all of the Al Jazeera channels are in widescreen now.

Is it worth upgrading to +9 and +10?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Personally I wouldn't bother. They have been widescreen for some weeks now.

http://www.jsc-sports-guide.com/tv/thu/13 take a look at the guide and see if there is anything there that you would like.

Advertisement