Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business ABQ Marking Scheme?

Options
  • 09-04-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

This is what is says for the 2005 (last year it had units 2,3,4 ABQ) :

Enterprising Skills/Characteristics (5 @ 4 Marks) (1+1+2). Illustration from the text of ABQ.

Anybody know what the 1+1+2 is for when they divide up the 4 marks for each characteristic?

Is it like name+definition+illustration or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

stainluss wrote: »
    This is what is says for the 2005 (last year it had units 2,3,4 ABQ) :

Enterprising Skills/Characteristics (5 @ 4 Marks) (1+1+2). Illustration from the text of ABQ.

Anybody know what the 1+1+2 is for when they divide up the 4 marks for each characteristic?

Is it like name+definition+illustration or something?
    I think it's one mark for stating, two for the definition and another two for a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

theowen wrote: »
    a quote.
    Do you need totake a quote directly from the text, like you would in english?

Im starting to realise what went wrong in the mock ABQ:p

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

Yes, quotes are VERY important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

I spent over an hour doing my ABQ in the mock!:@ I got 79/80 though(which I was delighted with) but they still take so bloody long IMO :(

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Does it work like Queation A) from unit2 B) from unit 3 C) from unit 4 ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

3fullback wrote: »
    Does it work like Queation A) from unit2 B) from unit 3 C) from unit 4 ??

no. its random. they can choose anything from any of units 2,3,4

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

stainluss wrote: »
    no. its random. they can choose anything from any of units 2,3,4

But if you look back at the past exam questions, most of them are from each chapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

And, I think entrepreneurial characters/skills comes up every year these units are up:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭FordieMUFC

Quotes in every definition of an ABQ. I usually get full if not close to full marks in the ABQ...

Go through this system.
    DEE(Q). Define, Explain, Example, Quote. Do that for every question and you'll be fine :)

Advertisement