Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Masters

Options
  • 09-04-2010 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm a second year Multimedia student in DCU and i'm looking into masters courses in audio production/mastering
    I came to this course looking to work in a recording studio with bands however my eyes have been opened to the wonders of radio production. However due to the recession getting relevant work experience/placement is nigh on impossible.

Can anyone recommend and masters courses to look into that would see me on my way to working in either a radio studio or recording studio?

(on a side note, if anyone can offer relevant placement (being unpaid is not an issue) it will be much appreciated :))

Thanks in advance
    Nekro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

BUMP

can anyone help me here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lxs

Hi,
    MMT in Trinity is the best course there is in Dublin AFAIK (I did it and am biased) .... I could offer you some work experience (doing backups/editing/mixing) but I haven't done that before (although I have taught it before).

I am an experienced editor and sound designer/programmer based in Dublin 8. I've macs, pc's, midi hardware, outboard processing and a rough quad setup. Reaper/Nuendo/MaxMSP/ProTools/Wavelab etc

Regards,
    Alexis

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

thanks for the reply alexis, I have a friend doing MMT in TCD and she showed me around the course earlier this year, tbh it doesnt seem to be what i'm looking for, i'm not that 'artsy' and from what i saw it was very dependant on thinking outside the box that i dont really enjoy.

when could you offer me the exerience?

Advertisement