Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish oral?

Options
  • 09-04-2010 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Can you bring in your paragraph of reading into the Irish oral because I have notes of how to pronounce the words????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

coco22 wrote: »
    Can you bring in your paragraph of reading into the Irish oral because I have notes of how to pronounce the words????

Yeah you can bring your own sliocht's in with whatever writing on it you like :) (within reason)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 coco22

alright thanks have you done it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Bring in the phonetics but don't write anything else to do with the comhrá, seems to be catching on and had to take action as an examiner on it before, so only info on the sliochts.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

Bring in the phonetics but don't write anything else to do with the comhrá, seems to be catching on and had to take action as an examiner on it before, so only info on the sliochts.

gaeilgegrinds, an an examiner of it, did you ever tell a student how he or she did? Or did anyone ever ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

Any other tips for us please gaeilgegrinds1?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Tip: Enter the room with the sliochts in you left hand. Mate of mine went in to the oral examiner. Examiner extended his hand in greeting. Mate thought he was just looking for the sliochts and so tried to shove them into examiners hand. Examiner refused to grasp the sliochts but tried to shake mates hand. Mate didn't cop what was going on so he shoved sliochts harder against examiners hand. Examiner sustained numerous paper cuts and grimaced throughout the oral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

Would it not make more sense to put them in your right hand - the shaking hands hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Would it not make more sense to put them in your right hand - the shaking hands hand?

that's the hand my mate had them in so the obvious conclusion is don't use the right hand. Just leave it limp and hanging as you go in. If the examiner wants to shake it then let her. Might get you an extra mark

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

Jut leave it limp and hanging as you go in.

Durrrty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 repeatLC

il be doing th irish oral next week having not spoken irish in a year.

Should be fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Can you not write your exam no. and DOB on the sliocht sheet?

Why would you write your DOB? Just write in the phonetics. I never took kindly to been bribed before someone suggests that trick either, I report everything, we have a form we fill in for such instances. Tips, none really, we're not out to get ye, very run of the mill questions, I find ok questions leave ok students reasonably happy & give very good ones the opportunity to shine. Just talk, correctly and don't stop. End of. There is no trick, marks easily given to those who deserve them.

And when asked for marks I tell students they did fine, that's all ye need to know. There won't be any surprises from how ye usually did, most are bang on the same marks ye are used to getting. We're trained up so we're accurate, so don't worry about that aspect.

Advertisement