Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damien Dempsey

Options
  • 09-04-2010 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

I was looking on his website and ticketmaster for any shows he may have coming up in Dublin but can't find any listed.

Anyone know of any future dates he has planned or has he taking a year off to work on his next album?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Yes noticed he is a bit quiet alright. As far as I know he was planning to go to London for awhile. He has been fairly prolific in the last few years so could be he is just recharging the batteries. Total legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Isn't he recording a new album at the moment? That might be the reason he's so quiet.

Hes an absolute legend, i dont know how hes not more popular than he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Yes noticed he is a bit quiet alright. As far as I know he was planning to go to London for awhile. He has been fairly prolific in the last few years so could be he is just recharging the batteries. Total legend.
    neil_18_ wrote: »
    Isn't he recording a new album at the moment? That might be the reason he's so quiet.

Hes an absolute legend, i dont know how hes not more popular than he is.

I think he is amazing performer and song writer. I'm surprised he is not as popular over in ireland. My mate saw him live in 2009 and said he was brilliant, made him a bigger fan.

Thanks for the replys, hopefully we can update this thead when we hear some news. Last i heard he was in london working on a new album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

I've heard rumours of another Colony type song, but about Afganistan and Iraq and the likes...Would be interesting!

Yes some of his stuff is very strong. To Hell or Barbados possibly one of the best songs he has written.
    As for Colony a great great song. Would be very hard to top it.

• Advertisement

As for Colony a great great song. Would be very hard to top it.

I think that is my favourite song.

I was talking to a friend about him and he said he was not a great singer but i i tried explaining that if you had anyone else singing his songs it would not be the same. Again liking talking to wall :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

neil_18_ wrote: »
    I've heard rumours of another Colony type song, but about Afganistan and Iraq and the likes...Would be interesting!
    Sounds good! Love Colony

This song the most powerful song I have ever heard. The ending is haunting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

This song the most powerful song I have ever heard. The ending is haunting

Thats a brilliant song, I remember listening to it on the west coast of Kerry on a beautiful summers day, and every time I hear it again it "brings me back there" if you get my drift :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭palethinboy

I just don't get him at all

• Advertisement

Bump

Damien Dempsey is playing in Vicar street 10th December 2010. Tickets go on sale Monday 9am.

Advertisement