Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod warning prefixes.

Options
  • 09-04-2010 5:25pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can we get some thread predixes with general mod warnings. E.g. "Keep it civil" I can't think of any additional ones right now but I'll try and think up a few. I usually just edit the thread title but sometimes it's too long for this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

There's no way of restricting the prefixes to only the mods of the given forum. If a set of "mod warning" prefixes was made up and restricted to mods then all mods would be able to use them in all forums. This is probably not desirable behavior.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Conor wrote: »
    There's no way of restricting the prefixes to only the mods of the given forum. If a set of "mod warning" prefixes was made up and restricted to mods then all mods would be able to use them in all forums. This is probably not desirable behavior.

Yeah, I can see that being abused or mis-used. Never even thought of that. Maybe it could be limited to admins so that if a mod wanted it changed they'd have to ask an admin to do it. Gets rid of that problem but will give the admins more work to do (potentially lots of work depending on how much it gets used).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is there any purpose in prefixing a thread with "Keep it civil"? Surely that's a given for any thread? I've never really understood mod warnings.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is there any purpose in prefixing a thread with "Keep it civil"? Surely that's a given for any thread? I've never really understood mod warnings.

I've done it a few times in threads that weren't any where near civil when I got to them. It seemed to stay relatively in line afterwards.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement