Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights LOLi

• 09-04-2010 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

19:45 Bray Wanderers ? - ? Sligo Rovers
    19:45 Dundalk ? - ? UC Dublin
    19:45 Galway ? - ? Sporting Fingal
    19:45 Shamrock Rovers ? - ? Bohemians
    19:45 St. Patricks :) ? - ? Drogheda United

fiver accumulator on 5 draws is 2 grand.

there were 5 draws during the week :|

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Accumulator on Bohs, Sligo and Monaghan (Aginst Salthill) Go everyone!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

I can't wait till I'm legally allowed gamble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Brutal match tonight. Poxy free kick to give away towards the end and a poxy way to loose. Pffft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Great stuff! First win of the season for the Drogs - and we're second highest scorers in the League. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Decent game i thougth drogs shaded 1st hald 2nd half we had most of the play and chances.

Honestly tho Winters was unreal, some of the decisions he made were completly wrong i just started assuming he wasnt sure which was which and if drogs fouled they got a free kick and vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Thread title win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

What a start for Waterford United in the 1st Division. Six wins from six (two of those coming against the current top 4) and we didn't concede our first goal until midway through match 5 last week. Keep it up lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Daysha wrote: »
    What a start for Waterford United in the 1st Division. Six wins from six (two of those coming against the current top 4) and we didn't concede our first goal until midway through match 5 last week. Keep it up lads!

If I was hazarding a guess at the first team I expect to go bust in the 1st Division this season I'd have to go with Waterford or Longford, how either of them are affording the players they have is beyond me, Waterford just signed George O'Callaghan ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Hope Waherfur come up this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

And you accuse me of posting ****e :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

If I was hazarding a guess at the first team I expect to go bust in the 1st Division this season I'd have to go with Waterford or Longford, how either of them are affording the players they have is beyond me, Waterford just signed George O'Callaghan ffs!

Players are signing for a fraction of what they used to this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

PDN wrote: »
    Great stuff! First win of the season for the Drogs - and we're second highest scorers in the League. :)

And what a way to do it. We would have gone nuts even with the 0-0, but to win it like that......lets just say its been a long time since a goal meant so much, and a long time since i've celebrated like that. A dream come true.

You'd have to say we deserved it though. First half in particular was very good from us. We kept the Pats fans very subdued throughout the whole game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Disappointing result for Galway seeing as they dominated Fingal for practically the whole match. Stone-wall penalty after they went 2-1 up and Fingal's equaliser came courtesy of a very soft free-kick.

Good second-half performance from Galway, anyway. Flood caused all sorts of problems for the Fingal backline. Won a heap of headers and flick-ons and was even prepared to have a run at them. Deserved goal and looks to be an astute signing, for sure. Great pass from Bobby Ryan, though. I'd like to see Sheppard's goal again. He smacked it high and spinning from about 20 yards, not sure that was how he envisaged it but who cares?!

All in all disappointed. Set-piece defending was generally good last night, but it was just that lapse in concentration which ultimately cost them. The centre-back pairing of Sinnott and McKenzie looked very solid throughout. O'Donnell played well second half, too. Really dominated the midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

And the cycle begins all over again:pac:

Disappointing result for Galway seeing as they dominated Fingal for practically the whole match. Stone-wall penalty after they went 2-1 up and Fingal's equaliser came courtesy of a very soft free-kick.

Good second-half performance from Galway, anyway. Flood caused all sorts of problems for the Fingal backline. Won a heap of headers and flick-ons and was even prepared to have a run at them. Deserved goal and looks to be an astute signing, for sure. Great pass from Bobby Ryan, though. I'd like to see Sheppard's goal again. He smacked it high and spinning from about 20 yards, not sure that was how he envisaged it but who cares?!

All in all disappointed. Set-piece defending was generally good last night, but it was just that lapse in concentration which ultimately cost them. The centre-back pairing of Sinnott and McKenzie looked very solid throughout. O'Donnell played well second half, too. Really dominated the midfield.

Totally agree. Yous where very good we where muck.
    Our defenders where moved about in order to accomodate Paisley and cover the loss of both our leftbacks. It Failed.
    Quigley was in for clarke in goals and had a shocker of a game and we really missed Mc Faul and Williams also.

Still, with the team we had out I would have expected a better performance and galway outclassed us on the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I have to say, I felt Connor should have brought on some fresh legs towards the end. Apart from the goal, Sheppard was pretty anonymous for most of the game and O'Donnel in particular looked pretty tired towards the end. Fresh legs to press higher up the field for the last 5 minutes or so might have prevented conceding the free. As Fingal pushed on towards the end there was acres between their defence and midfield that United could have used to hold up the ball a bit more, Flood was the only one really trying to do this.

Still, the refereeing really left a sour taste in the end.

fh041205 wrote: »
    We kept the Pats fans very subdued throughout the whole game.

Its always like that nowadays in Inchicore.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Really surprised by UCDD getting battered:eek:

I have to say, I felt Connor should have brought on some fresh legs towards the end. Apart from the goal, Sheppard was pretty anonymous for most of the game and O'Donnel in particular looked pretty tired towards the end. Fresh legs to press higher up the field for the last 5 minutes or so might have prevented conceding the free. As Fingal pushed on towards the end there was acres between their defence and midfield that United could have used to hold up the ball a bit more, Flood was the only one really trying to do this.

Still, the refereeing really left a sour taste in the end.

The ref was a joke.

Im not saying Quinns tackle wasnt a sending off for definite but from where I was, it was a yellow at worse but I would like to see it again. If the ref felt it was a sending off then your lad who tackled Collie James two footed earlier should have went aswell. The ref did neither side any favours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

The ref was a joke.

Im not saying Quinns tackle wasnt a sending off for definite but from where I was, it was a yellow at worse but I would like to see it again. If the ref felt it was a sending off then your lad who tackled Collie James two footed earlier should have went aswell. The ref did neither side any favours.

Could definitely have been a red alright. Had a decent view of it and the player (Creaney, I think) completely missed the ball. Didn't see Quinn's that well tbh.

And what was with the ref blowing up just as a free-kick was floated into the Fingal box?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Highlights of Fridays game.

Look at the goal at 3:50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Terrible game in Athlone last night. Some of their finishing was shocking, thankfully.

Smashing goal by Karl Sheppard for Galway :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

And what was with the ref blowing up just as a free-kick was floated into the Fingal box?!
    And the Fingal equaliser, what the f*** was the free for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Smashing goal by Karl Sheppard for Galway :eek:
    The Fingal keeper was awful.
    And the Fingal equaliser, what the f*** was the free for?
    I'd love to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

dfx- wrote: »
    Really surprised by UCDD getting battered:eek:

In the first half they pretty much matched us for chances and they passed the ball around brilliantly. UCD are like pats, very well organised and very difficult to break down but with no real cutting edge.
    The difference between the sides is everytime we got the ball we had it for long spells and passed it around and tired the UCD players everytime they got it they rushed everything. Some of their players were dead on their feet in the second half. Once we got the first goal their heads dropped and it there was gaps opening up all over the pitch.
    At the start of the season I pridicted them to go finish just ahead of Bray. On Friday nights performance I could see them finishing ahead of Galway and Drogheda too.

PS. Dundalk top of the league for the first time since 1995! Can't see it lasting so gonna enjoy it whilst I can!! :D

doncarlos wrote: »
    PS. Dundalk top of the league for the first time since 1995! Can't see it lasting so gonna enjoy it whilst I can!! :D

Interesting fact. You're welcome!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Interesting fact. You're welcome!!!:D

I never heard so many Dundalk fans cheering a Drogheda last minute goal!
    :p
    Great win for you lot. Pats are very difficult to break down.

doncarlos wrote: »
    Great win for you lot. Pats are very difficult to break down.

I think we saw a different Pats on Friday night. They were poor. Made lots of mistakes, had real trouble keeping the ball and seemed overwhelmed in midfield. You would find it hard telling which team was 1st and which was 9th judging in Fridays game. If you had to guess purely on that match alone you'd probly get it wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Foxx92 wrote: »
    youtube

Look at the goal at 3:50
    :eek:

Pats 4 Sligo 1

been a while since we beat them by that score :D

We played very well, cheers Shels for Mac Allister played central tonight and was awesome with Angry behind him. Scored a lovely goal too.

We are very hard to beat but with Dan Connor in goal teams will have a chance :o

Edit Screamer from Ryan Guy to make it 4. ET said this:
    St. Patrick's Athletic 4 - 1 Sligo Rovers
    84' - Goal - Ryan Guy powers an unstoppable 35 yard strike into the top left corner of Kelly's goal. 4-1 to St Pats.

wasnt 35 yards but screamer nonetheless.

Heard Galway were playing with 2 men on the bench and a defender in goal or something along those lines

Ryan Guy's goal :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Heard Galway were playing with 2 men on the bench and a defender in goal or something along those lines

Yeah, Rhys Meynell (a left back) was in goals and we started the match with two on the bench and one had to come on early in the first half due to an injury.

Yeah, Rhys Meynell (a left back) was in goals and we started the match with two on the bench and one had to come on early in the first half due to an injury.
    Any explanation given? Surely there's a youth goalie there somewhere

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    We are very hard to beat but with Dan Connor in goal teams will have a chance :o

Just FYI everyone (yes literally everyone) in the Drogs crowd last week couldn't believe Dan Connor was sitting on the bench behind Rogers. It a role reversal from the Drogs squad 4 years ago. Most would rate Connor much much higher.

I've always said he was the best keeper in the league after Brian Murphy, but he hasn't been playing football regularly for a good while now so he's undoubtedly a bit rusty shall we say...:D

Just FYI everyone (yes literally everyone) in the Drogs crowd last week couldn't believe Dan Connor was sitting on the bench behind Rogers. It a role reversal from the Drogs squad 4 years ago. Most would rate Connor much much higher.

I've always said he was the best keeper in the league after Brian Murphy, but he hasn't been playing football regularly for a good while now so he's undoubtedly a bit rusty shall we say...:D

Rogers is a confidence keeper, Kenna gave him none and the players in front of him last season well uh a half arsed gavin and a serial nutcase.

This season i reckon Mahon gave him the talk and tbh 2 goals behind a mean defence isnt a bad haul. as long as he is confident he is our number 1. Connor is very rusty but think its more that our back are "together" with Rogers.

God i love Pete Mahon :D

Any explanation given? Surely there's a youth goalie there somewhere

Ryan injured and FAI said no to them signing a goalie today, prolly went with the "surely you have a kid who play in sticks" approach.

which tbh is right we have 3 keepers :confused:

What was the result of that anyway? Was 1-0 Derry last I saw I think.

Will they be playing no goalie against Bohs? :D Still probably won't score anyway. :rolleyes:

atm its 3-0 on youtube and sligo never scored, wheres the damn screamer from guy :mad:

there we go

le screamer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

What was the result of that anyway? Was 1-0 Derry last I saw I think.
    3-2 Derry, afaik.

Delighted to see Coughlan score for Pats. He seemed to be going sideways with us, even though he impressed when he first broke through. Hopefully, he can improve at Pats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Rogers is a confidence keeper, Kenna gave him none and the players in front of him last season well uh a half arsed gavin and a serial nutcase.

This season i reckon Mahon gave him the talk and tbh 2 goals behind a mean defence isnt a bad haul. as long as he is confident he is our number 1. Connor is very rusty but think its more that our back are "together" with Rogers.

God i love Pete Mahon :D

How did Byrne play last night? Good to see him open his account. He is by far the best in the air in the league imo.

What a strike from the yank.

Advertisement