Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fm Forum Revamp

Options
  • 09-04-2010 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Well I'm just wondering and want the opinion of the people who read the Fm section of Boards.ie, I have a few proposals which I'd like to be considered.

1. Change the name to Football Manager, I think we have had 1 CM related post in the last year and very few people get the newer CM's.

2. I think some of the stickies need changing they are ancient and rarely used, I think newer one's would be of benefit and help create a bit of forum traffic.

3. I think a way needs to be found to make this Forum more active, their are lot's of people who play the game all around Boards who maybe don't know about or use this section. I think more challeneges+Competittions etc might create a bit more traffic.

I'm going to poll point's 1-2 and any other ideas for 3 is up to yourselves.

Should the Fm and CM board be altered 10 votes

Yes for one and two
    0% 0 votes
    Yes for one
    50% 5 votes
    Yes for two
    30% 3 votes
    No to both.
    20% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Their is no point in changing the name, as that will get even less activity. I don't think the stickies will change anything. 3 is obvious but I don't know how to solve that problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The forum works perfectly fine as it is. It has a core group of 10 or so posters who post regularly enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

1. Name change - no point as mentioned above^^

2. Stickies - Only way they can change is by user contribution i.e us. They are very out dated alright but a good cleaning and new posts would fix em.

3. Forum traffic - Maybe someone could make up a signature image for us to use to promote the forum and as said start up new competitions.

my 2c about it anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

How 'bout getting a MP game going

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The idea of a MP game was tried before. However it's very difficult to get a time when everybody involved in the game can get online for long enough to pull it off properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Regular lurker, rare poster of the FM forum here. Agree that the place could do with something to liven it up - can seem dead at times. I'd prob only check in once every couple of weeks and catch up. Not sure if the ideas above would work too much but good to see someone trying.

Played the challenge game when everyone was given random teams and goven trophies to win. Was good for a while. Problem overall could be that most people go thru phases of playing FM. For a few weeks could go mad at it and play for a few hours every night. Then once they leave it for a day or two they mightn't play much at all for ages. Also the fact that most interesting things like new players and tactics are only new for maybe two months after each new version of the game. 4-5 months after it's released people would have a good idea of the players to get/avoid and have shared a few stories of how they got on.

My two cents anyway FWIW.

Advertisement