Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

• 09-04-2010 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

For those who are interested in starting a new boards team in the Waterford Floodlit Soccer league

Can you Play on 12th of July at 7PM? Cost €10 1 vote

Yes I can Play
    0% 0 votes
    No I can't Make It
    100% 1 vote
    I'm not sure I won't know till the night
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I would be interested but it would def be more of a player/coach role with the playing part coming in the later stages of a game.

It will be very hard to organise this so I would suggest that if anyone interested has a buddy or two that would play ask would they give it a go and sign them up too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

if ya play junior league ya cant play in premier of floodlit soccer until yer over 25,and its over 30 for 1st and sec div.i personally think the cost per game is a bit high ,its usually a tenner a head,think its about 150 per team for the hour.

i think personally youll find it hard to get a team together ,as its not a big thread compared to the dublin one which already has a boards team. but as ziedth said if ya can get a few lads to bring a few friends then ya could be onto something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

cool so would you have friends who miht be interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

im just after starting up a team with my friends aswell heres what we found out.........
    its 100 euro to register a team plus a fiver per player registered.
    Then i think its 100 per game.
    We just ordered a nice nike set of gear in alfie hales and it was very reasonbable 17 euro per jersey.

the tournament itself starts out with 4 teams per group, top 2 go to a "champions league" type tournament and bottom 2 go to a "europa league" type tournament so yer garunteed a few games

Some advice, make sure to have a goalkeeper to rely on to play all the time
    we have a squad of about 17-19 players to cover ourselves
    register as many players as you can so they can be called upon if yer ever stuck.

Goodluck with it lads, hope we play ye along the way!!:D

Another thing lads i dosent it matters about the summer league if ye play junior league, thats only for the winter league so anybody can play

i cant personally play as i play junior league, some of me mates also play junior.few of em already play for teams up in the floodlit league as well so no luck with me.

but im sure if ya can get 7 or 8 people interested you ll have a team,say those 7 or 8 lads bring even one or maybe 2 mates,ya could have over 20 heads then.

• Advertisement

Clano wrote: »
    im just after starting up a team with my friends aswell heres what we found out.........
    its 100 euro to register a team plus a fiver per player registered.
    Then i think its 100 per game.
    We just ordered a nice nike set of gear in alfie hales and it was very reasonbable 17 euro per jersey.

the tournament itself starts out with 4 teams per group, top 2 go to a "champions league" type tournament and bottom 2 go to a "europa league" type tournament so yer garunteed a few games

Some advice, make sure to have a goalkeeper to rely on to play all the time
    we have a squad of about 17-19 players to cover ourselves
    register as many players as you can so they can be called upon if yer ever stuck.

Goodluck with it lads, hope we play ye along the way!!:D

thats for the summer tournament ye?should be a 10er a head ,was last year when i played. tis open to all players.

league in september is different, junior players have t be a certain age to play there.tis a tenner a head too,lads always complaining about it thats how i know.i remeember playing there 4 years ago in summer tournament and it was a 5er a head.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

anplaya wrote: »
    thats for the summer tournament ye?should be a 10er a head ,was last year when i played. tis open to all players.

league in september is different, junior players have t be a certain age to play there.tis a tenner a head too,lads always complaining about it thats how i know.i remeember playing there 4 years ago in summer tournament and it was a 5er a head.
    No we rang kevin daly who runs it this morning and its definetly 100 a game.
    Some teams just charge 10 per head regardless of numbers and put money into a kitty for a free game at the end or footballs or something thats what the last team i was on did anyway

Clano wrote: »
    No we rang kevin daly who runs it this morning and its definetly 100 a game.
    Some teams just charge 10 per head regardless of numbers and put money into a kitty for a free game at the end or footballs or something thats what the last team i was on did anyway

thats prob it,but i always thought it was 150 per team per hour.maybe he put the prices down,i know people were gettin on to him to put the prices down.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭d-sher

As stated earlier, Im definitely up for this. I played Junior League in the past for about 10 years (GoalKeeper) but just dont have the time for it anymore.

SO if you guys need a 'keeper just let me know when and where!!

great stuff everyone, new players keep commenting

• Advertisement

I know a few lads but they play for other teams who would be fairly handy so I doubt I could pull anyone over.
    Maybe we could try the Kilkenny fourm?

I'll text around over the weekend and see is anyone on for it.

When does the new season start? September?

yes the new season starts in september, but there is a tournament starting in may

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭whos who

Like I said earlier in the previous thread I would be interested too:).....

Keep me posted:p

Jesus I think you'd be hard pressed getting a team together for May.

I think if we need to lock down 15-20 heads by may and have couple months of 7 a side games. That way the team wouldn't be a bunch from the Internet and we'd at least have had a few games.

Like I said I'm happy to play as best I can and I have had experience managing a few 5 or 7 a side teams but I def wouldn't handle the admin side of it alone.

ahh yeah, obviously we more than likely wouldnt have a team together by may but we could start practising elsewhere before september

ziedth wrote: »
    I def wouldn't handle the admin side of it alone.

Ziedth, I'd also be happy to give you a dig out with the admin side of things if you like... Even if we got a team rushed together for the May competition it would give us an idea of where we were before the league in Sept?

I think it would be important to have a set date like the May competition otherwise this whole thing is just an idea on a website.. What you think??

Names of people so far that have said they would be interested. Just keep adding to this list lads:

1) MickClince12118
    2) jonnyfingers
    3) ziedth
    4) nkay1985
    5) Chochese
    6) d-sher
    7) whos who

d-sher wrote: »
    Names of people so far that have said they would be interested. Just keep adding to this list lads:

1) MickClince12118
    2) jonnyfingers
    3) ziedth
    4) nkay1985
    5) Chochese
    6) d-sher
    7) whos who

and of course if u have any friends who are interested add them to the list too

Ya just put like

8) ziedth friend

For example.

I'll see what I can do it wouldn't hurt to shoot for the may one I guess.

ziedth wrote: »
    Ya just put like

8) ziedth friend

For example.

I'll see what I can do it wouldn't hurt to shoot for the may one I guess.

and even if not we could rent out a hall or something and get a game going every week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah well I'm definitely in for it anyway. And myself and jonnyfingers' younger brother (19) would definitely be up for it too. He stopped playing about 2 years ago and I know he's been mad to get back playing regularly.

I can ask around and see if any of the other lads we play with in work would be interested.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah well I'm definitely in for it anyway. And myself and jonnyfingers' younger brother (19) would definitely be up for it too. He stopped playing about 2 years ago and I know he's been mad to get back playing regularly.

I can ask around and see if any of the other lads we play with in work would be interested.

yeah that would be great we could do with getting up to 20 players anyway i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

You can probably put me down for a sub if ye like i should be around if I havent been forced to emmigrate.
    Im not the best and the legs arent holding up like they used to but il give what I got. Il ask around see if I can get 1 or 2 others for ye but id doubt il get anyone who will set your world alight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

jayboi wrote: »
    You can probably put me down for a sub if ye like i should be around if I havent been forced to emmigrate.
    Im not the best and the legs arent holding up like they used to but il give what I got. Il ask around see if I can get 1 or 2 others for ye but id doubt il get anyone who will set your world alight.

I think you're grossly over-estimating the talent here. :D

Anyone that can stand on two legs and kick a ball is welcome as far as I'm concerned.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I think you're grossly over-estimating the talent here. :D

Anyone that can stand on two legs and kick a ball is welcome as far as I'm concerned.

exactly it's all just for fun really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

I should be up for this. Playing second division this year but I'll give the boardsie lads a hand if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

Depending on the night of the week it's on (Wednesday on would be fine), I'll be a not so super sub!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭whos who

All seems to be going well so far:D

I know someone else who would be interested too so I reckon its looking good (hopefully):p

Keep us posted.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Count me in also.

Played regularly up to 6 months ago but I'm looking to get back into it for the Summer

• Advertisement

1) MickClince12118
    2) jonnyfingers
    3) ziedth
    4) nkay1985
    5) Chochese
    6) d-sher
    7) whos who
    8) jayboi
    9) kensutz
    10) southofnowhere
    11) Chochese

This is the list of players as i make it so far. I anyone wants to join,just copy the list and add your name to it in a new post. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement