Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Jesus, must have been a nasty enough one Ken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Still painful. I suppose it didn't help when I did it with 5 mins gone and played on for the rest of the hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

1) Ziedth
    2) nkay1985
    3) Fergal
    4) mailrewop

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Only managed to make it down the first night up to my eyes at the moment should be able to commit to nearly every monday from after this monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Working for next weeks game unfortunately. I'll be there for the next two weeks after that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

mailrewop wrote: »
    1) Ziedth
    2) nkay1985
    3) Fergal
    4) mailrewop
    5) alco.29

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

1) Ziedth
    2) nkay1985
    3) Fergal
    4) mailrewop
    5)alco.29
    6)Shy_Dave!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    1) Ziedth
    2) nkay1985
    3) Fergal
    4) mailrewop
    5)alco.29
    6)Shy_Dave!
    7)deise48

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Lads, I was speaking on a friend of mine tonight who plays for the team that won the Floodlit Soccer League 2nd Division.

Currently there are about 6 or 7 teams in the Premier and First Divisions and the standard is handy enough. Then the second division has over 14 teams I think and the standard is only decent, which suits everyone in that league!

He tells me that they're doing away with the second division and instead forming only a Premier and First division next season. This might result in a higher standard of opposition should we enter a team for the coming season.

Still, bring it on. It is a bit different playing full 11-a-side. If we get enough numbers and decide to enter a team it might be worth playing a few friendlies towards the end of the summer against some teams that already play, just to get a idea of what we'll be up against.

Bumpity bump bump.

8 so far, I think I might just get everyonea mob number this week and text around every week.

I think two of the lads who were there week 1 are in but I'll wait for them to confirm b

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

i'll be back next week. exams this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

wont be there this week, hopefully be ok by the next game though

Lads, I was speaking on a friend of mine tonight who plays for the team that won the Floodlit Soccer League 2nd Division.

Currently there are about 6 or 7 teams in the Premier and First Divisions and the standard is handy enough. Then the second division has over 14 teams I think and the standard is only decent, which suits everyone in that league!

He tells me that they're doing away with the second division and instead forming only a Premier and First division next season. This might result in a higher standard of opposition should we enter a team for the coming season.

Still, bring it on. It is a bit different playing full 11-a-side. If we get enough numbers and decide to enter a team it might be worth playing a few friendlies towards the end of the summer against some teams that already play, just to get a idea of what we'll be up against.
    I couldn't agree mote, I think a couple of friendly games then see what everyone thinks. We have a decent team there, everyone gets on which is a big help.

I think problems will arise with team selection though, but we can discuss that when the time comes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm off for once, so will try make it down. Let you know 100% by end of day.

Good to hear.
    7PM at the Kingfisher all weather pitch lads!

Yep,

7-8 tomorrow. Bring a buddy if ya want and anyone Reading this who hasn't come down just call down, I'm useless so don't worry about being looking bad.

Just call on down, look pit for me. 6ft 6 wearing a spurs jersey I'll be floating around from about 20 ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

hmm seems like i've just had a miraculous recovery so count me in, at least until halfway through the game haha

Nice one,

Seems we maybe doing a little more running then usual.

I don't like that :)

Looks like 9/10 so far plus probably 2 adding their names tomorrow.
    maybe another 1 or 2 just showing up tomorrow, should be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

you will have to take me off this weeks list sorry lads im after getting called into work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Might be planning a trip to the cinema with the better half. If that falls through, I'll be down for sure!

No hassle lads,

Just a reminder Can someone remember a ball too?

See ya tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Right lads, it seems I've made a fcuk of my foot/ankle in and around the last time we played. I played on Saturday as I thought I'd be alright but I was very wrong! :D

So that's me out for tonight. The younger brother, Fergal, will be there alright and the guy Mark from work (tall guy who played last time) will be there and he said he'll bring someone with him too.

Ah pity,

Injuries are really starting to pile up! You'd swear we were busting our gut.

I think the two lads who were playing with us the first week are playing too.

So we should have about the 10 anyway!

Let's hope for more!
    Does anyone coming actually have a football?

I don't but I could but one today out of the pool. Will I?

Yea, may as well be safe.
    Hope it isn't too much bother for you

Not at all, I'll be killing time later in town anyway!

Great stuff, see you there :D

• Advertisement

Good game again guys even with 10!
    Should be more next week so things are looking good. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement