Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

i was absolutley fudged after lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

good game again lads....hopefully we'll have a few more next week and play the full length. Hamstrings holding up today lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

good game again lads....hopefully we'll have a few more next week and play the full length. Hamstrings holding up today lol

Well myself and nkay1985 should be back next week. I know a few lads that might be playing too. So I think the odds are good we'll have decent numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

I may be back if a) the ankle holds up well which it has and b) I'm not photographing cricket in England.

kensutz wrote: »
    I may be back if............ b) I'm not photographing cricket in England.

I'm sorry. What? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

I have to go where the money takes me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Photo us, we can match the price!

Ya it was a great game considering the poor start it's amazing the difference it took going from 9 to 10 players.

I'm sure we will be back up towards the 14 mark next week, there was a good 6 had to pull out.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Guess it's that time of the week again!

1)Shy_Dave!

I guess ur right dave!

1)Shy_Dave!
    2)MickClince12118

also how about setting up a league in this http://www.fantasyfifaworldcup.com/

I've already got a cracking team set up!

Ok, I've set us up a league:
    League Type : Private
    League Name : The Boardsies League
    League Number : 94275
    League Password : boardsie
    Description : A league for Boards.ie!

• Advertisement

Nice,

I'll join it this week.

1)Shy_Dave!
    2)MickClince12118
    3) ziedth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

Not sure if this will be frowned upon but we use teamer.net for organising our soccer and tag rugby squads. Integrated sms and email invites, handy for pulling your squad together.....

I was saying there must be an easier way to get numbers then what we are doing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Not too sure whether I'll make it this week again. I'm heading into the doctor to get my foot/ankle checked out after work so I'll see what the prognosis is.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Not too sure whether I'll make it this week again. I'm heading into the doctor to get my foot/ankle checked out after work so I'll see what the prognosis is.

Ah ya girl! A good game of football is what you need!

1)Shy_Dave!
    2)MickClince12118
    3) ziedth
    4) jonnyfingers
    5) Fergal (TBC but I'm pretty sure he'll play)

Hope to have two more lads that played a couple of weeks ago back again.

Also I'm all for using teamer.net, although I've never used it before. Anything that makes it easier for people to sign up for a game each week. We could even set up a google spreadsheet where you can declare your availablity weeks in advance. However in my experience the latter works well for a few months and then people become lazy.

I get free texts to all networks with my phone so maybe it be best for me to text everyone say on a Thursday and I can put the confirmed players up here over the weekend?

If it's free for you then that would be great!
    Don't want anyone spending 10 euro a week texting around!
    I'll have a look at this teamer site too.

Ya it's free for me and sure if someone didn't have credit or whatever they can just PM me on here.

I'll start getting numbers this week, we can do a trail run then for the following Monday.

whatever suits anyone wether its the online thing or by phone i'm in.

also have signed in to that league dave

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

ya can count me in for monday night lads.

• Advertisement

1)Shy_Dave!
    2)MickClince12118
    3) ziedth
    4) jonnyfingers
    6) alco.29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

1) Shy_Dave!
    2) MickClince12118
    3) ziedth
    4) jonnyfingers
    6) alco.29
    7) mailrewop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Unfortunately the doc said I've to give the soccer a rest for at least two weeks. Seems I've damaged the capsule (?) around the ankle joint and probably torn a few fibres. Sickened.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Unfortunately the doc said I've to give the soccer a rest for at least two weeks. Seems I've damaged the capsule (?) around the ankle joint and probably torn a few fibres. Sickened.

To be honest that sounds like a little girl's injury.

MickClince12118 is playing with half a hamstring. Like a real man!

Ah he's not risking missing the pre-season tour.

It's dedication like that we'll need in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 kevthefonz

its the first qualifier that will set us apart in europe Zedith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Hey lads,was googling floodlit soccer and came across your thread, cant get a team together thats good enough myself.Do you have a couple of spaces left, I'd be seriously interested in a decent game of ball as I dont wanna keep playing 5a-side.Let me know when ya can-tanx

Well Tom, the thing is we are playing 5/8 a side matches at the moment. We are all different levels of player and have been having decent games.
    We are thinking with a view to playing in the floodlit league possibly next season.
    If your still interested then no problem pop along tomorrow at 7PM on the Kingfisher pitch.
    I should be there earlier, I'll be in a barcelona jersey. It's 5 euro per person.

Hi tom,

Ya like dave said at the moment it's 6/7 a side for the summer with the idea of getting to know everyone and entering a team into the floodlight league.

It's the 7 a side pitch by the far goal if you walk around by the main enterance I'm hard to miss I 6'6 wearing
    a spurs jersey bring a few buddies if ya want and just walk on we still don't know everyones name by a long shot so you'll be far from odd ones out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Alrite Dave Ill drop down for a game tomorrow nite as Ill be away for the next 3mondays with holidays. Would be great to get a team together for september.What part of the pitch will ye be at?Ill be in barca jersey too.Feels like a damn blind date:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement