Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Go back a page and see my post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Good job,Great idea to get this team going.See you tomorrow at7!!

1) Shy_Dave!
    2) MickClince12118
    3) ziedth
    4) jonnyfingers
    5) Fergal (TBC but I'm pretty sure he'll play)
    6) alco.29
    7) mailrewop
    8) tombilboo83

Who knows mark and the two lads who came last week?

He one of them was on myself and dave's team, he had the tracksuit and was really good in goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

i dont know who he was myself but if we are starting a team the first thing we need is a keeper..........and a good one at that,maybe in the mould of huerelo gomes...if we are lucky ha ha:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Just got my mate to come with me aswell so count us both in!:D So thats tombliboo83 plus1

I had a great keeper when I managed a 7 a side team before I think I'm friends with him on facebook I'll try him this week.

1) Shy_Dave!
    2) MickClince12118
    3) ziedth
    4) jonnyfingers
    5) Fergal (TBC but I'm pretty sure he'll play)
    6) alco.29
    7) mailrewop
    8) tombilboo83
    9) tombiloo83's mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

ziedth wrote: »
    Who knows mark and the two lads who came last week?

He one of them was on myself and dave's team, he had the tracksuit and was really good in goal?

Me? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Yes I think he was talking about you gamerfc

so.. We found our keeper...maybe. Anyone else wannaclaim a position... I bags mmmm midfield lol:p

• Advertisement

It may sound sad But I think in a few weeks we gotta have a proper meeting and see how we are set, I'd wait a little longer just to see if and when we get a few of the other players back from injury.

Bit if we are picking the starting 11 based on grabsies I claim lone striker :)

I claim second lone striker! wait...oh :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Who knows mark

Is that the tall guy playing in midfield?

If so I think he's in work with me. I'll ask him later. Also sending out a few mails to some of the lads in work that play football too to see if their interested in a game tonight.

It may sound sad But I think in a few weeks we gotta have a proper meeting and see how we are set, I'd wait a little longer just to see if and when we get a few of the other players back from injury.

Bit if we are picking the starting 11 based on grabsies I claim lone striker :)

A meeting would be good. But only if we meet in Geoffs! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Is that the tall guy playing in midfield?

If so I think he's in work with me. I'll ask him later. Also sending out a few mails to some of the lads in work that play football too to see if their interested in a game tonight.

Yeah Mark is his name alright. Mark Quigley in case you don't know. I think he'll pretty much be playing every week but it might be a good idea to point him in the direction of this thread anyway.

A meeting would be good. But only if we meet in Geoffs! :D

Ha ha,

I'll try and get them to sponsor us,

I'll grab mobile numbers tonight that way we can keep this thread to discussion etc.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah Mark is his name alright. Mark Quigley in case you don't know. I think he'll pretty much be playing every week but it might be a good idea to point him in the direction of this thread anyway.

That's good, he's well able to play!

I was talking to fergal about it last week if we could steal lassykk from his team and got kensuts and those two lads from the first game we would have the bones of a very decent team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

I am a one man team :D

Mark's in, and he's bringing a friend.

1) Shy_Dave!
    2) MickClince12118
    3) ziedth
    4) jonnyfingers
    5) Fergal
    6) alco.29
    7) mailrewop
    8) tombilboo83
    9) tombilboo83's mate
    10) Mark
    11) Mark's mate

Kensutz, will you be playing or taking photos of cricket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Neither. The ash cloud stopped me from flying out. I'm out cycling training tonight I think.

• Advertisement

I'd say we'll have close to 16 this week, some going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

a guinness fueled meeting sounds good to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

im in for today.. exams + drinking binge over :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

im in for today.. exams + drinking binge over :D

and the drinking binge starts again on wednesday i bet :)

That's great if we could get 15 or so players to commit to a team and if maybe 5 were very good, a decent keeper and the remainder of a starting 11 able to pull their own weight I'd be confident we wouldn't be embarresed anyway!

My suggestion would be we will wait till say end of June/start of July when everyone at least knows the majority of each others name and we have our meeting then and iron our a plan of attack.

That's great if we could get 15 or so players to commit to a team and if maybe 5 were very good, a decent keeper and the remainder of a starting 11 able to pull their own weight I'd be confident we wouldn't be embarresed anyway!

My suggestion would be we will wait till say end of June/start of July when everyone at least knows the majority of each others name and we have our meeting then and iron our a plan of attack.

Sounds good. A proper 11-a-side friendly against a current team in the league would be a good litmus test. There are plenty of good 5-a-side players who struggle in an 11-a-side match on a full size pitch.

But from my experience in the astroturf league if you have a decent goalie, a good central defender, central midfielder and striker, all you need are half decent players to fill out the rest of the team. That would suit us down to the ground!

Exactly,

I know two lads who play for two different teams so down the line we can try and organise that.

TBH I would say it will nearly take us a season to find our feet and play to our best seeing as other teams have more then likely been together years.

that sounds about right johnny. I played a full season up there 2 years ago and the standard aint great. Someone who can put the goals away and we are off to a great start.

Well I mean Dave is well able to score and beat players then Mark seems to be just an all round quality player particularly in passing and a couple of the lads who's names escape me can also shoot and run.

I think a top keeper is needed to stand
    any chance though.

• Advertisement

We got a great base already, towards the end of June as you say we will know what to do next.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement