Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Not bad,

I have no shame in admitting in my current state I will be no good to anyone but I'm hoping to get fit over the summer cause I'm getting married in October and running a half marathon in September so I should at least be able to keep up as a sub by then.

Does anyone go to WIT? Might be worth sticking up a notice in the gym there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

Not the fittest myself at the moment but as stated b4,is only a bit of fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

1) MickClince12118
    2) jonnyfingers
    3) ziedth
    4) nkay1985
    5) Chochese
    6) d-sher
    7) whos who
    8) jayboi
    9) kensutz
    10) southofnowhere
    11) Chochese

This is the list of players as i make it so far. I anyone wants to join,just copy the list and add your name to it in a new post. :)

I'm barely have the skill to play one position, let alone two.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭whos who

Chochese wrote: »
    I'm barely have the skill to play one position, let alone two.... ;)

Brilliant..........:D:D

Just out of curiosity what age group are we looking at here??

I'm 23 myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

whos who wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity what age group are we looking at here??

I'm 23 myself.

I'm 24, 25 in June.

I'd say mid 20's for the most part.

We still have time to get in the next world cup squad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

what about some regular enough games of 5 or 7 a side to get some idea to get to know each other and see what we're getting ourselfs in for?

Ziedth would you describe youself more like Wenger or a Ferguson?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

jayboi wrote: »
    what about some regular enough games of 5 or 7 a side to get some idea to get to know each other and see what we're getting ourselfs in for?

Zenith would you describe youself more like Wenger or a Ferguson?:p

Not a bad idea at all. Should be enough for 5 a side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 kevthefonz

I'm up for it too, haven't played in a few years but mad to get back playing.....elder statesman at 30????

• Advertisement

What nights or days would suit everyone to have a game?

Im at 23 but you wouldnt think it by the way i move, i move like a 78 year old after missin the bus.

jayboi wrote: »
    What nights or days would suit everyone to have a game?

I work shift so any evening once it's after 5 and I can make it two out of every three. The same for jonnyfingers. Also available most weekends but I think midweek is always best for most people.

On the subject of the Sumer league:
    SUMMER TOURNAMENT Please note that in order to allow time for the format & fixtures to be compiled and distributed the deadline of April 16th will be strictly adhered to. Therefore entries received after this date cannot be included. Over the course of the Tournament all registered players will have the chance to win €500 in Cash which will be given away in weekly prize draws.

What way are we currently planning? Are we intending entering the summer league or just arranging a regular game for the summer between ourselves and then entering the league for next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jason2501

1) MickClince12118
    2) jonnyfingers
    3) ziedth
    4) nkay1985
    5) Chochese
    6) d-sher
    7) whos who
    8) jayboi
    9) kensutz
    10) southofnowhere
    11) Chochese

This is the list of players as i make it so far. I anyone wants to join,just copy the list and add your name to it in a new post. :)

I will join up im 23, but really think we shud rent out a 5 a side pitch, get fit, know each other then start in september and by then we will see who will stay and leave.

I like to think I'm the worst parts if rafa with a bit if Steve staunton tactical awareness thrown in.

I would def second the idea of getting a weekly game going for the summer and getting to know everyone.

We will be playing lads who know each other years so we already on the back foot.

The question now we need to get in some ethnic minorties who we can be hostile to at first but gain respect for in the end. If movies have showed me anything that if we are gonna win this we really need an underlyIng race issue.

jason2501 wrote: »
    I will join up im 23, but really think we shud rent out a 5 a side pitch, get fit, know each other then start in september and by then we will see who will stay and leave.
    ziedth wrote: »
    I would def second the idea of getting a weekly game going for the summer and getting to know everyone.

That sounds like the best plan so. Kingfisher would probably be best so we could have more than five-a-side if that many turn up.

1) MickClince12118
    2) jonnyfingers
    3) ziedth
    4) nkay1985
    5) Chochese
    6) d-sher
    7) whos who
    8) jayboi
    9) kensutz
    10) southofnowhere
    11) jason2501

yeah lads as i said definitely we shud start practising even if we cant enter the summer tournament, I've been wanting to get in any kind of soccer at all for ages. And seeing as everyones attention has now turned towards age, I'm 21 does that make me the youngest?

just a thought on tactics also. I reckon we set up with a 4-3-3 similar to barca with one of us as a holding mid and given that we're all basically admiting we're not on the fittest side we should put 2 players who can ACTUALLY RUN as the wingers and the rest of us can sit in our positions and pass around like subuteo lol.

also just found this on youtube, maybe we can use it lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqQWe7vZAcs&feature=player_embedded#

I'm 21 does that make me the youngest?
    You shall hence forth be known as 'The Rookie'
    The question now we need to get in some ethnic minorties who we can be hostile to at first but gain respect for in the end. If movies have showed me anything that if we are gonna win this we really need an underlyIng race issue.

Theres a lad i know Token is his name will he do?

Winter league is a big enough commitment summer league is only 3 months compared to what nealy 9 with the winter hope everybody would be game

That's why we need as many registered players as we can.

Some will surely loose interest but if we can get a core number of players and others can come and go.

I'm going to text around today, I would have had some very handy players from the couple of teams I half managed but they could be spread all over now.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking of making a bid for robbie keane after yesterday he might be open to play for a team that could beat Ross county :)

If ye cant get 'kongfisher' you can always try the Butler Centre or Villa. I think theres a 6 or 7 a-side pitch in riverwalk that might be cheap enough.

I haven't played for years so I'm not fussed regarding a position, I'm doing more to get fit then anything.

So where do we go from here??? I'm guessing some kind of meeting or a game or something to get to know each other first??

Also I work days so I'd be free in the evening time.:)

well given that we now have 11 players id say we get a game going once a week from now and have others join as they come along??

Sounds good to me,

I'll pop my head into kingfisher and see is the pitch free any night during the week.

Could someone else try Villa or tramore or ferrybank?

where exactly is kingfisher?

Beside Superquinn

ahh you've got me again, where is superquinn ?

Hmmm,

I'll throw out some places near it:

woodies diy
    lidl
    rsc(where Waterford utd play)
    tramore road
    world of wonder
    smiths

I'll throw up a google maps link at some point if ya still don't know k?

• Advertisement

ahh yeah i know all of them, so where do i go from where waterford united play lad?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement