Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'll do a google docs for us to fill in. Just simple things like, name, availability, number etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I have about 8 PM's so far so anyone not thrown me their email name and phone number please do.

Cheers.

I think before we say anything about a passing game we need to get our shape right.

At times some of us (myself included) where a shambles in Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

ziedth wrote: »
    I have about 8 PM's so far so anyone not thrown me their email name and phone number please do.

Cheers.

Do you want to stick them in the google doc Ken set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Can you see my details in it? I tried to put them in there. Do I file > save the document or click share? I can see a few of you on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Can you see my details in it? I tried to put them in there. Do I file > save the document or click share? I can see a few of you on it.

Yeah it automatically saves and your details are in there. Time for some prank phonecalls I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Ok thanks, Will have to get my vuvuzuela sounds ready. :p

I didn't get a chance I'm on the mobile site today but I'll be laptop bound tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Hey guys, Fergal here. Ye asked me to sign up so I did :)

Welcome :)

• Advertisement

Slksht wrote: »
    Hey guys, Fergal here. Ye asked me to sign up so I did :)

Good. Now feck off! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 kevthefonz

Couple of things,
    1, i have the rights to the Fonz thing johnny, so sling yer hook! AAAAAYYYYY!
    2, whats the deal with the name ferg???
    3, suppose we best get signing up, PM on the way matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 kevthefonz

oh, and i propose Boards Hotspur..........discuss......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

It was a name I thought up of for a pool game which I thought was cool. It spells Slick-Shot in theory but now just really spells Silk-**** :(

However, I am awesome and as such can pull it off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

any update on the numbers that have pm'd fr the fls yet?

kevthefonz wrote: »
    oh, and i propose Boards Hotspur..........discuss......

Hassellhoff, answer this will you?

hasselhoff-no.jpg

any update on the numbers that have pm'd fr the fls yet?

We have at least 8 I think. Sure Matt has a few more that have PMd him.

I would imagine we'd need 16 at least and that would still only leave us with 5 subs if everyone made it to every game, which won't happen.

15 currently on the list and my mate Tomas will know on Monday can he play for us.

I have an idea about signing up for games on a monday basically i'm gonna add a poll of yes and no and we will be able to see from that how many we have and i'll just reset it every week that was it won't clutter up the thread with lists.

Also, regarding the game next week. I appreciate what alan's dad was saying about two captains but I'd be surprised if someone could put everynone in a position when picking teams so would it be better that we hammered out the teams here?

that way I can write them down and we'll have the teams and all picked then?

Unfortunately you can't do what I was hoping to do so we will have to think about a way of organising ball.

Poll is closed above so just ignore it.

i think that may be a good idea matt

so we all just put our names and positions then?

Mick - full back/centre back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

I think the whole thing about picking captains and teams is more about people putting names to faces and stuff and getting used to each other. We have to create a sort of team spirit that we just cant get online.

True enough and I agree that we need more of a team spirirt but that will come with time, I can see a major difference between how we all interact now and say how we did 4 weeks ago.

I would personally prefer to see our starting back 4 playing together as much as possible and maybe our starting front two on the opposite team so to try and get our starting xi as used to each other as possible. Like I think I mentioned before that I was on a very good 7 a side team before and man for man the boards lads would be much better it's just we played since we were kids and knew things about each other little things but if you know them it makes it allot easier.

So for example Dave and Fergal are on blue team while the 4 "best" defenders are on the red team.

But that wouldn't work in reality, so I'll give captain ago on Monday if someone else will and we see how we get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah I think we could have two captains and everyone else split into defenders, midfielders and forwards. Like we were meant to do on Monday but people seemed to not understand how to split up! :D The captains then pick their teams knowing who's playing where for them.

That's a good idea,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

I'll second that and I'll pick the other team if you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm around this Mon + Tues anyway, whatever day it's on! Will pm Matt as soon as I get home.

Right it's that time.

Monday 7pm(correct?) - 11-a-side

1) jonnyfingers

i think we all need to think properly about where we want to play and more importantly where we are able to play.

we had about 3 lads first off who said they would play defender on monday and because nobody else wanted to play there, others who could have done a job elsewhere had to step up and play there.

We're gonna need 4 at the back who co-operate well and that means we'll need 4 people to consistantly volunteer to play in defence at kingfisher.

1) jonnyfingers
    2) mickclince12118
    3) mickclince12118's mate brian

• Advertisement

i think we all need to think properly about where we want to play and more importantly where we are able to play.

we had about 3 lads first off who said they would play defender on monday and because nobody else wanted to play there, others who could have done a job elsewhere had to step up and play there.

We're gonna need 4 at the back who co-operate well and that means we'll need 4 people to consistantly volunteer to play in defence at kingfisher.

I agree. Most of my football playing life I always ended up playing defense because nobody else would play there. Now I don't mind doing it every now and then, but I would like an opportunity to play in midfield as well.

So on Monday it might be an idea to swap things around at half-time. Give other people a chance in different positions. You never know, someone could be a star in another position but might not play there usually on a Monday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement