Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

1) jonnyfingers
    2) mickclince12118
    3) mickclince12118's mate brian
    4) nkay1985

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

1) jonnyfingers
    2) mickclince12118
    4) nkay1985
    5) Matt Klose

I agree about the defence thing, I NEVER played a defensive position but simply had to last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

1) jonnyfingers
    2) mickclince12118
    4) nkay1985
    5) Matt Klose
    6) tombliboo83(Gary)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Im in

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

1) jonnyfingers
    2) mickclince12118
    4) nkay1985
    5) Matt Klose
    6) tombliboo83(Gary)
    7) Slksht (Fergal)
    8) Shy_Dave!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

1) jonnyfingers
    2) mickclince12118
    4) nkay1985
    5) Matt Klose
    6) tombliboo83(Gary)
    7) Slksht (Fergal)
    8) Shy_Dave!
    9) mailrewop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

1) jonnyfingers
    2) mickclince12118
    4) nkay1985
    5) Matt Klose
    6) tombliboo83(Gary)
    7) Slksht (Fergal)
    8) Shy_Dave!
    9) mailrewop
    10) Jeremy Goss

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

1) jonnyfingers
    2) mickclince12118
    4) nkay1985
    5) Matt Klose
    6) tombliboo83(Gary)
    7) Slksht (Fergal)
    8) Shy_Dave!
    9) mailrewop
    10) Jeremy Goss
    11) alco.29
    12) Kieth

Whats the story with registration we only have 7 days left, we'd wanna look into getting a kit too.400e on the fls site by erra

Whats the story with registration we only have 7 days left, we'd wanna look into getting a kit too.400e on the fls site by erra
    Dont Know Gary but we would wanna be doin it soon before its too late..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm in London for weekend lads so I'll sort it all out on Monday before ball.

Better try to get sorted for kits too.

We need to make sure we're registered soon then, think we everyone needs to get a passport picture. Does anyone know how much the reg is? We need at least 16 to PM Matt by middle next week so we can register the team on line, name D.O.B. email and phone no.
    We should choose a kit then online or if anyone else knows where to get a kit????Need 15 or 16 shirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

You can count me out for the league lads, I'll be back in Limerick from Spetember so can't make any mid week games. I'm still up for playing a game of ball during the summer though! Not sure where that leaves me for monday...is it a training session or can I come along?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

You can count me out for the league lads, I'll be back in Limerick from Spetember so can't make any mid week games. I'm still up for playing a game of ball during the summer though! Not sure where that leaves me for monday...is it a training session or can I come along?

I would imagine the game of ball on Mondays should continue in some form. Keep an eye on the thread and you'll be kept updated. Personally I'd like to see a regular game, maybe not every week, but every couple of weeks just to work on a few things. We could play a game of two-touch, or a game were the ball has to be kept below waist height or something.

As for kits. Standard price seems to be anything from 200 to 250 euro for a kit. Should work out around 15 euro a man, so not too bad. We will need to decide on colours though when registering a team. Looking at the current teams orange, read, blue, green and yellow are already take. Guess we'll have to go with pink to avoid clashing!!! :D

But in all seriousnes we need to pick some colour that will not clash with most teams. If it's the same as one team we can just wear bibs for that match.

We need a home and away set of jerseys.

Na, luckily we don't!
    1. All teams must have a full set of gear comprising jerseys ( numbered ), shorts and socks. If there is a clash of colours the team in the away column ( right side on fixture list ) must provide their own change strip or bibs, turn jerseys inside out or wear t-shirts. The last option will only apply if the managers of both teams are in agreement. If they cannot agree the home team is awarded a walkover. Furthermore a team missing some jerseys must obtain clearance from their opponents and the referee to use odd colour replacements.
    Also I don't really think we need fully matching shorts socks, they don't seem to enforce that, just standard black/navy shorts and white socks should do.

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Na, luckily we don't!
    1. All teams must have a full set of gear comprising jerseys ( numbered ), shorts and socks. If there is a clash of colours the team in the away column ( right side on fixture list ) must provide their own change strip or bibs, turn jerseys inside out or wear t-shirts. The last option will only apply if the managers of both teams are in agreement. If they cannot agree the home team is awarded a walkover. Furthermore a team missing some jerseys must obtain clearance from their opponents and the referee to use odd colour replacements.
    Also I don't really think we need fully matching shorts socks, they don't seem to enforce that, just standard black/navy shorts and white socks should do.

Spot on. Was talking to one of the lads playing for Bada Bing and he's said never in the last 3 years did they need another kit. Once they put theirs inside out and that was it.

Ah that's alright so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

1) jonnyfingers
    2) mickclince12118
    4) nkay1985
    5) Matt Klose
    6) tombliboo83(Gary)
    7) Slksht (Fergal)
    8) Shy_Dave!
    9) mailrewop
    10) Jeremy Goss
    11) alco.29
    12) Kieth
    13) AdMMM

I'm probably away on Monday shooting Shelbourne v Middlesbrough. Will let ye know later on.

• Advertisement

Reminder:
    We're on tomorrow (12th) at 7. It's 10 euro as it is full-pitch. Bring shinguards.
    If you know any of the lads who haven't signed up to this forum please let them know the time/details!

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Reminder:
    We're on tomorrow (12th) at 7. It's 10 euro as it is full-pitch. Bring shinguards.
    If you know any of the lads who haven't signed up to this forum please let them know the time/details!
    can people try make it for 6.45 so we can pick teams and be ready to play for 7. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

1) jonnyfingers
    2) mickclince12118
    4) nkay1985
    5) Matt Klose
    6) tombliboo83(Gary)
    7) Slksht (Fergal)
    8) Shy_Dave!
    9) mailrewop
    10) Jeremy Goss
    11) alco.29
    12) Kieth
    13) AdMMM (i propose this guy our new centre half :pac:
    14) Mr check raise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Sure looks like we aint gonna get 11 a side tonight lads!!

And on the price, how is it suddenly a 10er if we are planning on having 22 people?!?

If we neeed people I will make up the numbers very easily but the people who will be playing on the actual team would be a much better option...

1) jonnyfingers
    2) mickclince12118
    4) nkay1985
    5) Matt Klose
    6) tombliboo83(Gary)
    7) Slksht (Fergal)
    8) Shy_Dave!
    9) mailrewop
    10) Jeremy Goss
    11) alco.29
    12) Kieth
    13) AdMMM (i propose this guy our new centre half :pac:
    14) Mr check raise
    15) Tombliboos' brother
    16) Davvve

15/16 plus maybe 3/4 who haven't signed/aren't registered here, so we should be ok...I hope :o

Slksht wrote: »
    Sure looks like we aint gonna get 11 a side tonight lads!!

And on the price, how is it suddenly a 10er if we are planning on having 22 people?!?

If we neeed people I will make up the numbers very easily but the people who will be playing on the actual team would be a much better option...

It's a tenner because we're renting the fully pitch. The actualy cost is 8 euro or something but unless everyone brought exactly 8 euro it would be a nightmare for change.

Remember the shin pads everyone. I'll be kicking ye like a Dutchman so you've been warned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'll ask one or two friends down. Can't promise anything though.

Need to make a decision on a kit, where we gonna get it etc.Also we only have until Fri to register

• Advertisement

Yeah, have we been in touch with Kevin Daly about being registered?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement