Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I know a decent keeper,

I'll facebook him today see is he around for a game.

We NEED a good keeper, IMHO it's more important then any other position.

We should be up and running by the end of the day.

Any links for jerseys? I'm happy to go with whatever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Hi lads.
    2 of my friends played with yee last Monday and I'm interested in comin along next Monday. I can bring up to 3 guys with me (excluding the 2 that were there on mon) is there a danger of too many turning up,ie +22 players??.

Would ya be interested in playing for our 11 a side team budd?

I don't think we could have to many to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

d-sher wrote: »
    As stated earlier, Im definitely up for this. I played Junior League in the past for about 10 years (GoalKeeper) but just dont have the time for it anymore.

SO if you guys need a 'keeper just let me know when and where!!
    i found this person on the very first page matt. Might be worth sending a pm

ziedth wrote: »
    Would ya be interested in playing for our 11 a side team budd?

I don't think we could have to many to be honest.

Yep, I'd be interested and the 1 or 2 other lads might be too. Just didn't wanna ask them to come Monday if there was too many there becos they usually play 5 aside at that time. Played a couple of seasons a few years back in the floodlit. Wouldn't mind gettin back into it.

• Advertisement

Well then by all means come down Monday.

I'll PM that chap Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

How about once we have a few names down for next monday's game we decide wheter to bring mates along?

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    How about once we have a few names down for next monday's game we decide wheter to bring mates along?

Good idea. I'll be there for one anyway. I know the two lads, that went on Monday, Alan and Kevin will be there too. Total of 3 here then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Monday @7 11 a-side

1) Tombliboo83
    2) Kevin
    3) Mark

We should make decision on kit, Johnny put a link up a couple pages back. We should order asap as they're sure to take a couple of weeks to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

1) Tombliboo83
    2) Kevin
    3) Mark
    4) eoin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Im not sure that I have any money left guys.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Slksht wrote: »
    Im not sure that I have any money left guys.... :(

That's no problem. Just means you're off the team. :D

1) Tombliboo83
    2) Kevin
    3) Mark
    4) eoin
    5) Matt VanBommel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Sent you a PM Matt, check it out when you can

Hi All,

I have been in contact with Kevin Daly and i'm sorting out registration so we're grand with that. He is actually aware of us (I'm guessing our outstanding play on a monday is causing interest :))

Anyway, Kevin has kindly offered to get us a challenge match at 9.15 on monday in Waterpark against FC Twente Benson (Great neame that) and I think we should give it ago.

Any thoughts? I said I'd get back to him ASAP so if we could have a fairly quick imput from all involved.

Tonight Matt is it??

Oh **** sorry,

No Monday night.

Oh right i was worried there for a minute :eek:.. Maybe we could have a game on the small pitch on Friday night and i will get Gerry to come down and have another look so he can have an idea about what team he could play? Any thoughts on that??

Fine by me but it might be a bit short notice for everyone else.

I'm sure Jerry has an Idea who to play and myself and whoever we pick for captain could chime in too if he wanted.

One thing I might say that if the lads don't mind we should keep it to players who can definately play in the league next season.

Two of our stronger players on a Monday night haven't signed up yet if at all so we should really only go in with the lads who can play so we are not stronger then we will be in September. Any thoughts?

Also, I facebooked that keeper I know. He was top quality 7 or 8 Years ago so I'll let yee know.

• Advertisement

Any Idea what division they are in. I cant find them on the FSL website? If they are premier or first division tell Kevin to **** off.:D

Good point,

I'll ask him that. Maybe they are a new team like us but I'll text a mate of mine who plays now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

They aren't in the winter league they only play in the summer league.

We played them a few weeks ago and beat them 2-0. They have only 3 points in the summer league but in saying that they weren't weak or anything.

Quite a young team so plenty of fast young lads.

Ye should be fine though

I just text you :)

and cheers!

Well lads.
    Do u have any structure yet??.ie, players playing comfortably in there assigned position regularly,do u have a goalkeeper your some way happy with???.

In my opinion if you don't have any of these just yet, I wouldn't play that match. Just talkin from experience, not having an established team in anyway and playing a team that play regularly together is demoralising when things falls apart.

Just my opinion though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'd say we're more than comfortable to stick in a starting XI against the team and see how we get on. There's quite a few handy players and there's no point jumping in at the deep end and play no friendlies before the season starts. We can use Monday as a learning experience for those who never played up in Waterpark before. The game is much faster because of the surface, or lack of artificial grass. People will need to take a touch before they control/pass the ball.

I agree with Ken,

We'll be grand. I'm not to pushed on winning the game it's just about getting our xi used to each other which we can't do on a Monday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Are we playing two games on Monday so? I won't be able to make any other night this week, if there was something arranged, with the exception of Saturday.

1) Tombliboo83
    2) Kevin
    3) Mark
    4) eoin
    5) Matt VanBommel
    6) Adam

I'd say we will forget the game at 7 ya?unless people want to meet up and talk through a few things and run through maybe set plays and how to line up, make sure we all know names ETC.

Might be a good idea and we wouldn't piss off kingfisher by bailing on our hour.

I def wouldn't be able for two full games.

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    I'd say we will forget the game at 7 ya?unless people want to meet up and talk through a few things and run through maybe set plays and how to line up, make sure we all know names ETC.

Might be a good idea and we wouldn't piss off kingfisher by bailing on our hour.

I def wouldn't be able for two full games.
    That would be pretty expensive then wouldnt it. 10e for each game...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement