Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

ahh yeah i know all of them, so where do i go from where waterford united play lad?

Assuming you start in the RSC car park you turn right and travel to the first roundabout (only about 100m) and take the 3rd exit (i.e. turn right!). You will pass Advance Pitstop on your left, keep going to the next roundabout and again take the 3rd exit turning right onto the Tramore Road. Superquinn will be on your right and a short distance past that the entrance to Kingfisher will also be on your right.

The map below shows the rough location.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=52.245018,-7.122016&num=1&sll=52.540508,-6.863334&sspn=0.709122,0.93555&ie=UTF8&ll=52.244725,-7.122252&spn=0.007292,0.024719&z=16

This thread has really become popular. After such a nice day today I'd really like to have a regular game set up for the summer, even if it's not in the Summer Floodlit Tournament.

As for what positions everyone plays I can play anywhere really. Would be most comfortable in midfield or defense. I'd be right sided but not to bad on the left either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Holding midfielder or up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I would generally play upfront or right mid back in my day. I def more of an impact sub!

Someone already said they are a keeper iirc. That's half the battle!

I'm looking forward to getting fit again and for a bit of a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

i would say i would be more suited to a playmaker role of some kind as my passing would be my best attribute.

What is everyones preffered evening for playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

i would say i would be more suited to a playmaker role of some kind as my passing would be my best attribute.

What is everyones preffered evening for playing?

The day isn't a huge issue for me anyway.

Talked to the younger brother today and he's mad for it! He would have been a bit of a handy striker at underage levels.

I'd probably play midfield or full back. Anywhere except the on goal or at centre half and I'd be happy enough. But sure we can figure all that out. First thing is to try ge this weekly game going before people lose interest.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭d-sher

This is looking like it might just come off!! :eek: Reckon we should try get together ASAP. Any joy with finding a pitch? Next week would be excellent to start and if any others see this thread over the next few weeks we could have a right few numbers!!

I'd better go root out my 'keeper gloves then... (and my padded ends - Astroturf can be damn rough on a 'keepers ass!!) :mad:

Hopefully we can 'kick off' as early as next week??

I'll be in Town Wednesday so I'll happily call into kingfisher and see what's what unless someone has the chance to do it before then.

I'm free any night Monday to Friday. I would agree it's best to nail this down asap.

yeah definitely and even if uneven numbers show up we can just each sub fr 5 mins and get 55 mins of a game and a nice rest in between :)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Would this wednesday around 7 or 8 suit most people?
    strike while the iron is hot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

ziedth wrote: »
    I'll be in Town Wednesday so I'll happily call into kingfisher and see what's what unless someone has the chance to do it before then.

I'm free any night Monday to Friday. I would agree it's best to nail this down asap.
    €40 per hour for one of the pitches. With the goals as far back as they can go, you can have a comfortable game of 7 a side, anything more and it starts to get awfully cramped. I'm definitely up for joining in. Due to work and ever-changing rosters, I wouldn't know if I could commit every week. I'm currently part of 3 weekly games but since Christmas have only made at most one a week and oftentimes have gone weeks without a game :(

• Advertisement

AdMMM wrote: »
    €40 per hour for one of the pitches. With the goals as far back as they can go, you can have a comfortable game of 7 a side, anything more and it starts to get awfully cramped. I'm definitely up for joining in. Due to work and ever-changing rosters, I wouldn't know if I could commit every week. I'm currently part of 3 weekly games but since Christmas have only made at most one a week and oftentimes have gone weeks without a game :(

That's no problem we need as many as possible anyway

so heres the current list

1) MickClince12118
    2) jonnyfingers
    3) ziedth
    4) nkay1985
    5) Chochese
    6) d-sher
    7) whos who
    8) jayboi
    9) kensutz
    10) southofnowhere
    11) jason2501
    12) AdMMM

well lads, i'm ready to start playing as of now, I can play Mon tues or wednesday evening, this week i've got a concert to go to, so maybe we shud agree on wednesday next week to give everybody time to check it out on here etc

well lads, i'm ready to start playing as of now, I can play Mon tues or wednesday evening, this week i've got a concert to go to, so maybe we shud agree on wednesday next week to give everybody time to check it out on here etc

Yeah sounds good. jonny should be in Kingfisher for a game this evening so he might find out if they have any available slots on a Wednesday if he gets a chance and go from there.

1) MickClince12118
    2) jonnyfingers
    3) ziedth
    4) nkay1985
    5) Chochese
    6) d-sher
    7) whos who
    8) jayboi
    9) kensutz
    10) southofnowhere
    11) jason2501
    12) AdMMM
    13) Fergal (my younger brother)

Sounds good, I'll hold off asking the lads till a little later in the summer.

See how we get on first, I'm happy out with Wednesdays too. If we can't get kingfisher I'll see can I ring around tomorrow and get anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭d-sher

I Can't do this Wednesday (working 2 - 10) but any day next week is no problem for me... Being made redundant soon, so shift work won't be an issue... :P

I doubt it would be this week anyway, i think a day next week would be good going.

If we could get 10-14 people every week for a few weeks we'd be laughing. Then I guess see about setting up a team and all that comes with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Hey lads, would be very interested in some regular 5/7/11 a side games.
    I'll put my name in the hat if that is ok.
    Living in Tramore and free every evening and am reliable (Most Wednesdays I have a game of ball at 8, although I could play before or after it ^_^).
    As for position mainly a winger/playmaker or upfront although I tend to try run around doing everything. :P I'm two-footed so either side.
    I'm on the skinny/small side so I try use my speed and agility to my advantage. :D
    I'm 23 by the way. I play every week on the pitch inbetween kingfisher and superquinn, it ain't bad, not slippy sliddy anyway.

1) MickClince12118
    2) jonnyfingers
    3) ziedth
    4) nkay1985
    5) Chochese
    6) d-sher
    7) whos who
    8) jayboi
    9) kensutz
    10) southofnowhere
    11) jason2501
    12) AdMMM
    14) Shy_Dave!

So we now have 14 players which is great progress for the short time this thread has been up. I reckon I will go to kingfisher tomorow (weather permitting) and inquire, I reckon 7 o'clock is probably the right time for a game every wednesday.

If you could all post times on wednesdays that you wouldn't be available that would be great! we can determine for definite then the right time for everyone.

1) I reckon 7 o'clock is probably the right time for a game every wednesday.

The only porblem with that is that it's probably the right time for everyone else in the town too. :D

We'll just have to see what slots are available first and see what we think then.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    The only porblem with that is that it's probably the right time for everyone else in the town too. :D

We'll just have to see what slots are available first and see what we think then.

yeah man thats why i asked for everyone what times wouldnt suit, how about u lad?

• Advertisement

I can make any other time but 8 on wednesdays.

even if it means two hrs in a row?

Yep I don't mind :o
    I loves me footie!

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Yep I don't mind :o
    I loves me footie!

very good so

7 suits me fine too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Have cricket training at 5:30 so timing will be tight.

Right, jonnyfingers called in there today and asked what slots were available.

They are:
    Monday at 7, 8 and 9.
    Tuesday at 6.
    Wednesday at 6.
    Thursday at 7.

So they're the options for Kingfisher which is the best places for us due to being able to fit 7 a side handy. Any of the above suit me. Currently have a game on Mondays so if it wasn't then, that'd be best but that game has been occasional at best so wouldn't mind giving it up in favour of this one and with Monday having the most available slots, it's easiest to fit everyone.

So what say the rest of you about those times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Working 5-12 Wednesday, so wouldn't be able to make it this week. Next week, hopefully! If a day was decided, I could ask for it specifically off but I don't want to have to do that too often!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

1) MickClince12118
    2) jonnyfingers
    3) ziedth
    4) nkay1985
    5) Chochese
    6) d-sher
    7) whos who
    8) jayboi
    9) kensutz
    10) southofnowhere
    11) jason2501
    12) AdMMM
    14) Shy_Dave!
    15) jonnyfingers' friend

Hi guys, played a game out in Kingfisher today and asked some of the lads if they'd be interested in joining our team. Got one definite so added him to the list.

Regarding the summer tournament it seems that the normal player restrictions don't apply so it will be full of young, fit, junior league players. So I think we should avoid that like the plague!

As for booking the pitches, Friday evening is available too but I didn't put it on the list as I reckon many of us would have something on at the weekends. As for booking an available slot we can book a different one each week. However if we found a slot that suited we should probably block book a few weeks in advance. Not sure what happens if we need to cancel, I presume you just let them know and don't play!

Tuesday or Wednesday at 6 would probably suit me best. However I could make it any day really if I had to.

• Advertisement

I can do any of the mon, tues and wednesday ones, so if people could pick out what times listed would not suit them on these days and which one u wud prefer that would be great, please try and decide as quickly as possible so we can book and get the ball rolling ( ahh i hate accidental cheese)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement