Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

We could did into the pool for first game?

I'm not fussed on the kingfisher game to. Be honest if I just rang and explained for one week we wouldn't be around I'm sure they wouldn't mind. We'll see what everyone else thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

Given that fitness is the general problem area in the squad i don't think it would be a very good idea to play the first game. I'd say if we could all just turn up a half hour early, get everything sorted, and have a bit of a warm up we will be fine.

On the game itself, how are we gonna work it. Is everyone going to get equal time? Are we going to throw people into the starting line up who have only been playing with us once or twice etc?

I'd say That's up for Gerry to decide Mick, I for one have with no issue with him picking who he thinks us the strongest in each position.

My suggestion then would be either to roll subs or have a team change at half time but everyone should get a decent run out.

Like I said already i'm not fussed about winning this game. It's simply about getting game experience.

exactly yeah, there's no point worrying about winning the game.
    If anything its better to give everyone a fair go as we will be up against a different team(possibly of the same standard as we'll be playing in the league) and we can all see what we're in for then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Would it be a good idea to sticky this thread, seeing as it looks like it's becoming a pretty serious thing. Maybe update the first post with up to date information, to save people sifting through a lot of out of date material?

• Advertisement

Good news lads,

It seems we have a goalie. S-shur who showed an interest eariler in the thread is gonna come down to us.

He's not confirmed for Monday yet but hopefully he will be.

I'm going to organise this game tomorrow k? Unless any major objections cone in tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

That's no problem. Just means you're off the team. :D

Sound. It's the love that never fails to get me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Slksht wrote: »
    Sound. It's the love that never fails to get me.

That's right! :D

I'm sure we can come to some sort of financial arangement between the three of us so I wouldn't worry too much.

I'm on for that game on Monday night anyway. I don't see any big downside. Even if we got thrashed (which I don't think will happen) I don't think it'd be a big deal. It'll also be interesting to see how strong our best 11 would be. We've been dividing it in two so seeing our strongest 11 players together will be cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

That game sounds great lads...

Would some people be put out by not being picked in the starting XI?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

I can play Monday.

• Advertisement

I have no illusions about not being picked but fergal has a point. Like IMHO dave, alan, fergal, ken and adam are 5 of our stronger players but after that the level is fairly similar so simeone is gonna be let down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Sure we've all signed on for it. Gerry made himself very clear about it like. The reality is that everyone will get game time because of the rolling subs. If we don't get on the starting 11, that's that I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭d-sher

Hi guys,

Im the keeper that ziedth PM'd, just confirming I will be able to play if needed. Just need a time to be at kingfisher on Monday?

Hi dave,

It's not kingfisher this week. It's meeting at half 8 playing at 9ish out In waterpark. That ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭d-sher

Ah right, yeah thats no probs... Looking forward to it!

That's great,

Every other week till the season starts anyway it's 7-8 in kingfisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

What we gonna do about a strip for Monday night??Will we use the bibs and make everyone wear same colour shirts?
    We should start a list then for Monday night at Waterpark (only lads that are gonna play fls?)

1) tombliboo83

I think for this week it'll have to be, I'm more then happy for anyone to come down and have a game with us in kingfisher but we gotta see how "boards united" is getting on ya know?

1) tombliboo83
    2) Matt VanBasten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

1) tombliboo83
    2) Matt VanBasten
    3) Ken Zidane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

1) tombliboo83
    2) Matt VanBasten
    3) Ken Zidane
    4) Jonathan 'Keano' Kelly

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    I have no illusions about not being picked but fergal has a point. Like IMHO dave, alan, fergal, ken and adam are 5 of our stronger players but after that the level is fairly similar so simeone is gonna be let down.

I'll assume you just forgot about me. As I'm deadly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

I think for this week it'll have to be, I'm more then happy for anyone to come down and have a game with us in kingfisher but we gotta see how "boards united" is getting on ya know?

1) tombliboo83
    2) Matt VanBasten

Is that the official name name then boards united.... I was thinkin along the lines of boardoh or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

FLS players, Monday match, Meeting between 8.30-9.00 at WATERPARK.
    1) tombliboo83
    2) Matt VanBasten
    3) Ken Zidane
    5) David 'Messi/y' Power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

alco.29 wrote: »
    Is that the official name name then boards united.... I was thinkin along the lines of boardoh or something like that

The lads in Dublin have Boardeaux as their name.

Boardoh is actually a great name, or maybe a but like Homer Simpson Board D'oh.

I only picked boards united because we hadn't decided yet nothing is set yet.

I'll email Kevin today and tell him we're on and sort out kingfisher over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

1) tombliboo83
    2) Matt VanBasten
    3) Ken Zidane
    5) David 'Messi/y' Power
    6) Adam 'Chopper' Murphy

1) tombliboo83
    2) Matt VanBasten
    3) Ken Zidane
    5) David 'Messi/y' Power
    6) Adam 'Chopper' Murphy
    7) MickClince12118

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

1) tombliboo83
    2) Matt VanBasten
    3) Ken Zidane
    5) David 'Messi/y' Power
    6) Adam 'Chopper' Murphy
    7) MickClince12118
    8) Eoin "dimitir" Foley

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

1) tombliboo83
    2) Matt VanBasten
    3) Ken Zidane
    5) David 'Messi/y' Power
    6) Adam 'Chopper' Murphy
    7) MickClince12118
    8) Eoin "dimitir" Foley
    9) Alan Ossou Ekotto
    10) Kieth the Power

• Advertisement

Boardoh is actually a great name, or maybe a but like Homer Simpson Board D'oh.

I only picked boards united because we hadn't decided yet nothing is set yet.

I'll email Kevin today and tell him we're on and sort out kingfisher over the weekend.

Yeah I dismissed Boardeaux because of the Dublin Team. Board D'Oh isn't bad but still a rip-off! Could change the name slightly and go with Bored D'Oh!

Incidentally the dublin team is sponsored by Boards as far as I know. Do you think it's worth trying to get the same sponsorship for this team? Might not get much but even 100euro could go towards the kit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement