Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya half 8ish should be fine k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

ritey-oh cheers boys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭kensutz

If you're coming out of town head out the Dunmore Road, when you reach the roundabout by the Uluru take the first exit left. Head down the side of the hospital until you come to a sharp bend. Turn right on the bend and take an immediate left where you see Waterpark RFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭d-sher

Lads, Who are we playing by the way? Are they a new team or have they been registered for a couple of seasons and what division are they in?

They play summer league Dave,

A mate of mine played them fairly recently. They are called twenty benson FC, my mates team won 2-0 on the night but I'd say they have a very good team so they'll be a high standard I'd say

• Advertisement

Cool, sounds like a challenge.. Hey anybody know of any sports shops that opn late on a Monday? Just pulled out my astro turf boots - damn things fell apart!!

I doubt it dave,

I can't think of anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

ziedth wrote: »
    Any word from Kev these days? Also, I assume Fergal is good to go tonight ya?

Fergal won't be playing tonight. He's going to Toy Story 3 instead. I told him to sort out his priorities!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

lol, more opportunity for the rest of us I guess. Kevin hasn't been on since 7/7 so I'd say he's on holidays!
    Just reading the rules for fsl here, might be a good idea if you bring your football along Matt, I think teams are meant to just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

1) tombliboo83
    2) Matt VanBasten
    3) Ken Zidane
    4) Jonathan 'Keano' Kelly
    5) David 'Messi/y' Power
    6) Adam 'Chopper' Murphy
    7) MickClince12118
    8) Eoin "dimitir" Foley
    9) Alan Ossou Ekotto
    10) Kieth the Power
    11) mailrewop
    12) nkay1985
    13) Dave Gomez (our new goalie)
    14) gamercfc
    15) MickClince12118's mate brian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah Fergal's going to the cinema instead of the match. Loser!

Pity there's no word from Kev either as he'd be another candidate for up front. Are any of the lads who played in the forwards last week coming to this?

That's grand,

we'll work around it! I wouldn't mind if he was going to a badass film like predators. :)

we'll sort out the team when we all arrive. I'm going to be a little late so can whoever gets there first and second make sure everyone is togged and ready.

I shouldn't be too late.

We can push Tomas up if needs be and I can go on as a sub, it'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah Fergal's going to the cinema instead of the match. Loser!

Pity there's no word from Kev either as he'd be another candidate for up front. Are any of the lads who played in the forwards last week coming to this?

Yeah..me

Yeah..me

Ah yeah forgot about that. We're grand so.

Brilliant performance by everyone tonight. :D

Ya lads well done,

My Zidane turn an obvious highlight :) I'll do a little write up with thoughts tomorrow everyone who played in the backline was quality and a great finish by Dave.

My man of the match by a country mile was Dave the goalie. Thanks a million for coming down, your a real find.

There's still one or two small things we need to work on, but all in all, a great team effort. The Zidane turn will be on SoccerAM's tekkers segment next season :D

Thanks Matt Zidane. Really enjoyed the game tonight, was my first touch of a ball in about 5 or 6 years..

Super performance from everyone. We closed them down in every area of the pitch - If they dont have time on the ball, they can't do anything with it. A great through ball and finish for the goal!
    Well done again lads, can't wait to get a bit of training in for the next game...

Great stuff lads, I think once we're used to the bounce of the ball and find our touch on that pitch we'll be even better! :p
    Defense was great, fantastic keeping too. Obviously it was the best possible start we could have!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

d-sher wrote: »

Super performance from everyone. We closed them down in every area of the pitch - If they dont have time on the ball, they can't do anything with it. A great through ball and finish for the goal!
    Well done again lads, can't wait to get a bit of training in for the next game...

who gave the through ball?!!!....:D

yeah great performace from all tonight lads,well done. i enjoyed playing left wing again tonight up in front of alan (cashley) we had a good understanding i thought.thanks jonnie for saving my ass more than once in 2nd half when i was out right back,yet another solid display. a few more challenge matches will be of great benefit especially if we're supposedly missing a few key players.

btw. does anyone know where twenty benson are positioned in the league??

2nd from bottom in the summer league but definitely don't play like it.

or do they? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Very sorry about my absence tonight. I had to sort some stuff out and it couldn't really wait. Had my gear on me and all :(. I told my job that i've joined a team, so getting the night off shouldn't be difficult in future either. Sorry again.

That's a much better excuse than a Toy Story one :D

Yeah that's no bother at all Adam. I hope me and Eoin weren't annoying the head off you with our phone calls!

Really enjoyed that game tonight. I don't think we were in major difficulty too much in the first half. We held our positions well and weren't outclassed in any of our matchups. The pressure when they were on the ball is what won it for us. I said at half time that it's like the Waterford hurlers - we dropped everyone back a bit which crowded them out and didn't give them time on the ball to hurt us. The downside to this is that Dave and Gary had to live off high balls from clearances etc. But we've only been playing 11-a-side with each other for two weeks and tonight was out first time where we were all on the same team so we've loads of time to work on things. A very encouraging start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Well done guys!! Great win! I gave Niall a ring and he gave me a run down :)

It seems that if I am uo front with Dave (Assuming I can win back my place after the absence tonight haha) that it will be tough on that pitch! If the ball is bouncing from a height then it could be very tough against better defenders...

Very sorry I missed it tonight. I only realised the clash last night and was gutted. The cinema was planned for a good while so I couldn't really bail on the girlfriend and the rest of the group haha.

Wish we had one tomorrow or something, I'm mad to give it a proper go haha

It's ok, you're now known as Woody from now on. :D

kensutz wrote: »
    It's ok, you're now known as Woody from now on. :D

Ah we can surely find a more girly name from Toy Story.

We'll get back to you. :D

Good job getting the missus on board as cheerleader Matt. I presume she won't be wearing her costume until we're wearing our jerseys. :confused::D

Not only is the bounce awkward but I found it hard to even control the ball a lot of the time.
    It's certainly a hard pitch to play proper football on, considering that we did so well.

• Advertisement

Once you get a first touch on it, you should be ok. The trick is to look before you get the ball so you know if someone is coming in on you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement