Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Honestly, if we were to blatantly plagarise the name from one of the online games me and the bro's play, then can we be called "Sporting Muff" haha

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

Was talking to him yesterday and he said he is up for it and he wont stand for fellas sneaking off to the cinema... Tut Tut.. The rule is and every(real) man knows this... Football before women

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Sporting Muff would be good but would we get away with it?

I'm all for a Boards related name, especially if we end up getting sponsorship. Don't mind going for something witty either. How about Tottenham Hotsauce Matt?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I like it,

I was just talking to Kevin, he has a divison 2 team (like us) looking for a challenge match on Friday 30th of July called four4two. I'll say it to Gerry on Monday but to give you all early warning. What do ya thnk? the more the better in my opinion but we gotta make sure people are off.

I'm happy with any name at all I just need one by this time tomorrow. We may as well call ourselves whatever we want because i'm sure sponsorship from boards would be a stretch anyway.

Sporting Muff would be good but would we get away with it?

I'm all for a Boards related name, especially if we end up getting sponsorship. Don't mind going for something witty either. How about Tottenham Hotsauce Matt?:D

There is a team called slippit inn so i assume we'd be grand with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

alco.29 wrote: »
    Was talking to him yesterday and he said he is up for it and he wont stand for fellas sneaking off to the cinema... Tut Tut.. The rule is and every(real) man knows this... Football before women

In Gerry we trust.

Check out www.ave-it.net/funny_team_names.htm

Dyslexia Untied ha ha

I love Dyslexia Untied!!!

ziedth wrote: »
    I like it,

I was just talking to Kevin, he has a divison 2 team (like us) looking for a challenge match on Friday 30th of July called four4two. I'll say it to Gerry on Monday but to give you all early warning. What do ya thnk? the more the better in my opinion but we gotta make sure people are off.

What time would be looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

That team four4two are the guys I played a match and a half for back in March and they never rang me back......basterds.

Couple of good ones there...... i like

Fc Copenbadly
    Sparka Fag
    Unathletic Madrid........and many more

• Advertisement

8.15 alan.

They any good Dave?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

If they are a the same as they were back in March: Bad forwards - Scuffed a lot of chances, only an O.K defense not really that quick but they are big, ditto the midfield, huge gaps. They could end up being completely different from when I played with them though.

I should be able to make it, will need a change of shift in work, should be no bother.. 'Cupid Stunts'

Just poped into my head "Board Dyslexics Untied"

Anyway,

would monday be to late i the day for you to try and get it off Gary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

theyre both as bad as each other,think theyre a bit stronger than fc 2o bensons which isnt saying much,considering their position in the weakest group in the summer tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    That team four4two are the guys I played a match and a half for back in March and they never rang me back......basterds.
    A grudge match so? :)

The Bank Holiday Weekend is going to be crazy for me, so I'm going to rule myself out. Will be good to go on the other Mondays though.

Ye i think we should leave it . Thats when the spraoi is starting so people will be on the beer and busy.. Maybe then have monday night football on the tuesday because of the bank holiday..(kingfisher closed)

Just poped into my head "Board Dyslexics Untied"

Anyway,

would monday be to late i the day for you to try and get it off Gary?

Nope, I'm going to look for a change anyway so I'll finish at7 instead of 9 so I'll be fine

alco.29 wrote: »
    Ye i think we should leave it . Thats when the spraoi is starting so people will be on the beer and busy.. Maybe then have monday night football on the tuesday because of the bank holiday..(kingfisher closed)

I think I agree,

I'm off to Vegas that saturday so I dunno is a game of ball the best option either.

Best to just wait till this summer pre season thing.

anybody have any thoughts on jersey's?

In Gerry we trust.

Check out www.ave-it.net/funny_team_names.htm

Dyslexia Untied ha ha

Some of those are fantastic. Substandard Liege! :D.

I think we should go for one off of that list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The Shy Teds is a very good one too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Sporting Abeergut is a belter haha :D

I think I agree,

I'm off to Vegas that saturday so I dunno is a game of ball the best option either.

Best to just wait till this summer pre season thing.

anybody have any thoughts on jersey's?

Right we really need a jersey, we can all buy our own socks/shorts so we only need 15-16 tops with numbers. They do it in Alfie Hale intersport in town according to their site. Mail stephen@alfiehale.com for more info. Their site www.alfiehale.com Could at least get a quote me thinks and would be handier dealing with someone local

Right we really need a jersey, we can all buy our own socks/shorts so we only need 15-16 tops with numbers. They do it in Alfie Hale intersport in town according to their site. Mail stephen@alfiehale.com for more info. Their site www.alfiehale.com Could at least get a quote me thinks and would be handier dealing with someone local

Local would be preferable. Also have Azurri but not sure what their prices would be.

If we were to order online we could get something like this. http://www.prosocceruk.co.uk/?i=268096&colour=white/black/silver

Could get 15 jerseys for 160 euro + delivery. Might be an extra charge for numbers.

I emailed that guy from Alfies for 15 shirts numbered 2-16 to get a price and what colours are available. Let you know when he gets back to me

Right lads here's the story. Addidas jersey and stanno are 17e each and that includes the number printed!! A crest would cost an extra 4e each but I doubt we need that. There are price lists and catalogues in the shop if you can get down there Matt(or anyone of ye) What colour are we looking for??? Total cost 15 jerseys and print for 'bout 255e, not bad for Addidas etc. We need to move on this soon I think, how much is in kitty after reg? i.e. how much more is needed to order jerseys??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'm loving Substandard Liege and Sporting Abeergut myself! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Four four 2 are much stronger than fc20benson... Dey have a solid midfield and better attackers

I wouldnt say they are in the weaker of the summer groups either as alfies, columbus crew and allstar travel are class teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Substandard Liege haha.. Love it..

Also, the jerseys Jonathan posted are well cheaper than the Alfie's ones but would Alfie's be better to deal with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭kensutz

Substandard Liege ftw!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement