Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

I've got no preference, substandard lieege is pretty funny.
    Question on the jerseys, are we ordering different sizes?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jason2501

Hi lads sorry i could not make the game!!

Toy story was not my excuse but i did also see it on monday night (top class) haha.

NAMES: Golden XI
    Golden boys
    Gerry Hatricks (I THINK THIS ONE)
    Goodfellas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Local would be preferable. Also have Azurri but not sure what their prices would be.

If we were to order online we could get something like this. http://www.prosocceruk.co.uk/?i=268096&colour=white/black/silver

Could get 15 jerseys for 160 euro + delivery. Might be an extra charge for numbers.

I like the Dutch Orange version on this site!!

BTW, on the funking Toy Story "excuse", that was made well before this friendly so I didn't just decide to ditch th game haha. I'm sick of it being brought up again and again haha

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jason2501

Duno if this was done already but what harm anyway!!

Floodlit Soccer League Rules & Regulations

( A ) PRE MATCH

Match fees must be paid BEFORE kick off. Failure to pay in full may result in teams forfeiting any points gained on the night. Furthermore teams who are in arrears may be either deducted points or expelled.
    Payment failure in any Cup / Shield match will result in teams being expelled and their opponents going through instead.
    Any team withdrawing from the League during the season must pay the combined match fees of ALL their remaining games. Any team that withdraws after the fixtures have been compiled will also have to pay the combined match fees of all scheduled games.
    Teams/Players that are expelled or finish a season with arrears will be banned from the FSL until all debts are settled. If individual players wish to rejoin with another team they must first pay a share or percentage of the arrears due.
    Advance payment from teams will also be required even when debts are settled.
    All teams must have a full set of gear comprising jerseys ( numbered ), shorts and socks. If there is a clash of colours the team in the away column ( right side on fixture list ) must provide their own change strip or bibs, turn jerseys inside out or wear t-shirts. The last option will only apply if the managers of both teams are in agreement. If they cannot agree the home team is awarded a walkover. Furthermore a team missing some jerseys must obtain clearance from their opponents and the referee to use odd colour replacements.
    In the interest of safety and fairness all Players / Teams must remain outside the fence / railing until the previous match ends
    Games are 60 minutes maximum including a one minute half time break. No added time can be played as matches cannot run into the time allocated for subsequent games.
    Whenever possible Referees will decide kick off and ends before a match starts to save time.
    Teams who delay the kick off or late onto the pitch for any reason for 5 minutes or more after the scheduled kick off time will start 1 goal down, 10 minutes late 2 goals down and if 15 minutes late a walkover is automatically conceded. Any exceptional circumstances for a delay will be taken into account.
    The minimum number of players required to start a match is 7.
    Teams conceding a walkover by failing to turn up will be fined €220 and also deducted 5 points. Their opponents will be awarded the 3 points on a 3-0 score-line or equal to the conceding teams heaviest defeat up to that date ( whichever is greater ). Please note that all fines will be strictly enforced.
    A team that turns up to play but is unable to field a legal team can opt to use "guest" players ( a walkover is still automatically conceded ). However they will not be fined or deducted points providing the game is paid for in full by both teams.
    Teams must have at least 2 fully pumped footballs for all matches. Failing to comply will risk a deduction of points. Teams must report a breach of this rule to the referee BEFORE a match starts.
    Match cards must be fully completed and returned to the referee before the second half starts. Names must correspond with numbers as goalscorers and bookings etc., will be noted accordingly. Names must be written in full and in CAPITAL letters. No nicknames. Match cards that are not filled in properly will invalidate any insurance claim.
    3 points are awarded for a win, 1 point for a draw, and 0 points for a loss.
    No changes will be made to fixtures except for bereavement or other exceptional circumstances.
    If the named manager is unable to attend a match it is his responsibility to appoint a caretaker/assistant who will then assume full responsibility for all team affairs including the match card and payment of the match fee.
    Any changes to a teams original League Application Form must be notified to the FSL.
    All teams must provide a team contact e-mail address.
    Each team should alwyas have a member present with a basic knowledge of first aid and a mini first aid kit.
    Personal accident insurance cover is not provided but details are avilable on request.
    Floodlit Soccer League Ltd accepts no responsibilty for any injury sustained. All players who take part in the Floodlit Soccer League do so at their own risk.
    ( B ) PLAYERS

Before taking part in Floodlit Soccer players must register on an official Player Registration Form and pay the appropriate fee. Players who take part in a match without being registered are illegal. Players with 2 teams only pay 1 registration fee but must notify the FSL of both team names.
    Players must have Photo ID which is usually covered in the squad photos taken by Floodlit Soccer League in the early weeks of the season. However any player that’s isn’t included must provide his own.
    New players can be signed on the night of a game but must comply with the above. Players who transfer must be signed at least 48 hours before playing with their new team.
    Junior League players must be 30 or over to play in the Floodlit Soccer League. This age restriction also applies to Junior League players outside the Waterford Leagues. A Junior League player is defined as a player that plays for a Junior League team in their current season.
    Players wishing to sign from the Waterford Junior League during the season must first obtain and submit a written release from their Club on official headed paper. This will be checked with the club in question.
    League of Ireland players, including under 21 or reserve level, cannot play in the FSL if under contract. An official LOI release form must be submitted to the Floodlit Soccer League before he can take part in the FSL.
    The minimum age for players in FSL is 18 but remember that Youth players are classed as Junior League players.
    Players 30 or over may play with one other team in a different Division. He can also play with 2 teams in the Divisional Shield but NOT in the Cup.
    Teams outside the Premier Division can only use a maximum of 2 over 30 ( double team players ) in any match. This means a maximum of 2 on the night including subs. There is no limit on the number of double team players in a squad. Players 40 or over are exempt from this rule.
    Players, Managers or Referees banned from FSL or Junior League cannot play in any FSL match. This includes any challenge games organised by the FSL or officiated by FSL Referees.
    Team managers are fully responsible for stopping players taking part or entering the pitch area if they have consumed or are smelling of alcohol. Failure to do so may lead to an abandonment and / or points deduction
    No limit on the number of players in a squad and new players may be signed throughout the season up until the close of the transfer window ( March 1st ).
    A team struggling to field a full team may seek special permission to sign players after the transfer deadline.
    Teams may use unlimited rolling subs during a game but the referee must always be notified first and subs must leave and enter on the half way line.
    Players that played with a team expelled from the League will not be allowed play again until all disciplinary and financial matters are resolved to the satisfaction of the FSL.
    ( C ) THE GAME

A player is offside if he is inside the 25 yard yellow offside line when the ball is played forward by a team-mate and nearer to the opposition's goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent. A player must also be actively involved in play to be given offside. If the ball rebounds off either a post, the crossbar or an opposing defender, then the attacker is offside as they have gained an advantage by being in that position. Click the link below for a video which explains "Offside" in full detail. Video link. In simple terms the only difference is that in Floodlit Soccer the 25 yard yellow line replaces the half way line.
    Any player receiving a red card is dismissed from the field of play and must go straight to the dressing room. Players red carded will be suspended according to the referee’s match report.
    Players red carded in a match ( including challenge games ) will have their suspension apply to their next scheduled competitive match regardless of whether it is a League, Cup or Shield match. Challenge games do not count as a competitive match. Suspensions are applied to the next game(s) even if a player plays with 2 teams.
    Players accumulating 4 yellow cards during the season are automatically suspended for 1 game.
    It is the responsibility of the manager to ascertain the length of any suspension.
    Persistently poor disciplinary records of a team or player may result in a points deduction, extended suspension or expulsion.
    Red cards will carry over into the following season but yellow cards will be wiped out.
    If a match referee fails to see any off the ball violent conduct during a game, ( e.g. off the ball head butt ) written statements can be submitted by witnesses. Any player found guilty will then be banned. Alternatively his own team can ban him and inform the FSL in writing.
    A slide tackle will be punished by an indirect free kick even if a player plays the ball. Goalkeepers are free to slide inside the penalty area but outside he is deemed as a normal player.
    All players must wear shin-guards and the proper footwear. Dimpled runners are the most common but no boots, blades moulded cogs or studs allowed. Players on the pitch wearing banned footwear who come into contact with the ball will have an indirect free kick awarded against him.
    The wearing of jewellery ( ear-rings, chains, watches etc.) on the pitch is not permitted.
    Both teams must provide a linesman when numbers permit.
    Substitutes, Management and spectators must stay off the green pitch surface.
    No children, bikes, prams etc are allowed inside the fence due to the risk of injury and for insurance reasons. The match is liable to be stopped or abandoned if the above rule is breached
    Any game abandoned will have the result settled by the panel if the teams involved cannot agree on the outcome. However if the referee is forced to abandon a match due to assault, verbal abuse or threats the offending team will forfeit any points due to be gained in said match. They may also face further sanctions.
    Deliberate hand ball and the "professional foul" are not punished by a red card except if a referee deems it as serious foul play.
    ( D ) ILLEGAL PLAYERS / OBJECTIONS

Objections can only be made on the night of a match and must be made in person before kick off or before teams leave the pitch at the latest. The FSL will not accept any complaints or objections once teams have left the pitch.
    If any team feels an illegal and/or unregistered player is being fielded they must first ask their opponents to refrain from using said player(s) or to have him registered ( squad lists can be checked online or with the FSL on the night ). The team being objected against can decide to (a) omit any illegal player(s), (b) use the player(s) but concede a walkover and play as normal, or (c) ignore the objection and play the game. If they choose option (c) a request must be made to the FSL official or the match referee to have this noted. Teams found guiity of using an unregistered or illegal player after this point will be deducted 10 points and have no right of appeal.
    Teams who break any FSL Rules and Regulations have no right of appeal.
    Teams found guilty of fielding illegal or unregistered players can face further disciplinary action at the discretion of the FSL.
    Any player or team that pleads guilty before the outcome is decided may have their penalty reduced depending on the circumstances.
    Any team found guilty of fielding an illegal player in either leg of a Cup/Shield tie will forfeit both legs and be expelled regardless of the score. Likewise, a team that concedes a walkover in either leg forfeits the tie and is out of the competition.
    At any stage of the season members may confidentially submit what they consider to be evidence of an illegal player.
    ( E ) GENERAL

If a team leaves the pitch without permission before a game has finished automatically concede the match and walkover rules will then apply.
    Players, teams or management who engage in verbal abuse, inappropriate conduct or in an aggressive or threatening manner before, during or after a match will be subject to disciplinary action at the discretion of the Floodlit Soccer League.
    The FSL has the authority to suspend or expel any manager, player or team for problems regarding payment of match fees or disciplinary issues.
    Substitutes may take penalty kicks in a shoot out even if not on the pitch at full time.
    Teams should respect the property and grounds of our venues. No littering or smoking inside the dressing rooms or pitch area.
    Promotion and relegation is normally 2 up & 2 down in each Division (subject to change depending on drop outs, new teams, etc..). Promoted teams must go up to the higher Division unless granted special permission by the FSL.
    If 2 or more teams finish level on points in first or second position, a play off or round robin will be used to determine the final placings. All other positions will be decided by results between the teams and if still level then goal difference.
    Floodlit Soccer League Limited has the authority to refuse entry to teams or individuals.
    If a team withdraws from the League at any stage all their results will be expunged.
    Perpetual trophies remain the property of FSL Ltd and must be returned at least 4 weeks prior to the end of the season. Lost, broken or damaged trophies must be replaced by the team currently in possession.
    Rules and Regulations may be altered or changed at any stage throughout the season
    It is the responsibility of team managers to ensure his players are fully aware of all FSL Rules & Regulations.
    It is a condition of entry that all players and managers agree to abide by FSL Rules & Regulations and Decisions,.
    Floodlit Soccer League Limited has the full and final say on all unresolved matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Think I'll be needing Cliffs Notes for that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

AdMMM wrote: »
    Think I'll be needing Cliffs Notes for that :D

Yeah it's a bit easier to read on the FLS website. Just looks like a wall of text here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

this is one of the weakest summer tournaments i can rem playing in and ive played in it for a number of years.both of them are poor ,442 just a bit better.

i play for one of the teams in the summer tournament ya mentioned above and i wouldnt say any of em or us are class.just a few lads thrown together that know how to play ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Right lads here's the story. Addidas jersey and stanno are 17e each and that includes the number printed!! A crest would cost an extra 4e each but I doubt we need that. There are price lists and catalogues in the shop if you can get down there Matt(or anyone of ye) What colour are we looking for??? Total cost 15 jerseys and print for 'bout 255e, not bad for Addidas etc. We need to move on this soon I think, how much is in kitty after reg? i.e. how much more is needed to order jerseys??

On the prosoccer.co.uk website the cost for 15 jerseys + printing and delivery to Ireland is 206 euro. Quality won't be as good as addidas most likely and it is coming from England. So is it worth an extra 50 quid to be able to pick the jerseys up locally and support local business while we're at it?

And to answer Daves question about sizes this depends on how we're doing things. Are we each buying a jersey to keep? Or are we getting jerseys for the team that will always be there no matter who is playing for the team? I think it should be the latter and in that case I think we should get the majority in a Large size and then get a few in Medium and XLarge.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭d-sher

Lads, as far as I can remember, when ordering jerseys for a team we put a few years ago - All sizes are the same (large) and I don't think you can mix and match. Anyway, its only a game of football we are playing not going to a fashion show... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

d-sher wrote: »
    Lads, as far as I can remember, when ordering jerseys for a team we put a few years ago - All sizes are the same (large) and I don't think you can mix and match. Anyway, its only a game of football we are playing not going to a fashion show... :p

Speak for yourself. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Benimar

Hi lads, I'm involved with another team but noticed that you were looking for gear. We got a set from www.prodirectsoccer.com last season and they were top class. Good prices, good quality and quick with the delivery. They do Adidas, Nike and Puma as well.

I was talking to the delivery van guy at the time and he says that a lot of teams in Ireland order direct from them.

Might be worth a look.

To re-iterate what d-sher said, most sets of jerseys are the same size - all large, all medium etc (go large!), but if you are getting shorts you can usually mix and match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Lads, you should ask Alfie's for a discount. The company I work for has an agreement to 10% off all items, so they can cater for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭kensutz

Prodirect are top notch. They can do the shirt printing too if needed.

I reckon something like this should do us. They are cheap enough and you can add in single jerseys to make up the 16/17 needed.

I actually get a 10% discount as well for being a member of the Carrick Triathlon Club. I'm not sure they'd give it to me when buying gear for a whole team! But it might be worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I actually get a 10% discount as well for being a member of the Carrick Triathlon Club. I'm not sure they'd give it to me when buying gear for a whole team! But it might be worth a try.

Either they want to make a sale, or have you try the internet instead. Their call!

kensutz wrote: »
    Prodirect are top notch. They can do the shirt printing too if needed.

I reckon something like this should do us. They are cheap enough and you can add in single jerseys to make up the 16/17 needed.

That looks good as well. We'd want long sleeve jerseys though.

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prodinfo.asp?PID=PDS-052-001-697&DEPT=052&BRAND=1&SS=1&GROUP=TABELAII

Ye the thing is.. Someone says it to them on behalf of the team. Bottom line is, you're too expensive and we're going to have to use the internet to get cheaper, but we'd much prefer to support a local shop if there's something ye can do about it?

Then they say, yes, and give some form of discount to us, or no, and we use the internet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Whatever we're doing we'd want to be on it quickly imo. Pre-season is starting soon and it would look better to be sorted rather than like a bunch of lads that don't know what they're up to. So whats happening is Jonny gonna try Alfies and see what discount they give+how much extra money will we need to get together i.e. how much after reg is taken for outta kitty. I think Alfies could be best option if theydrop price by even20e. The guy there Stephen was very quick replying to me last nite

I'm curious about the kitty myself? There can't be much left after reg surely?

What's the pre-season thing about? Does anything actually happen? Like friendlies or something...

Also, are we definitely all registered? How many have we got?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Benimar

Slksht wrote: »

What's the pre-season thing about? Does anything actually happen? Like friendlies or something...

Usually what happens is that the teams are drawn into groups of 4 so you will be guaranteed 3 games (1 a week on various nights). There will (could) also be semis and a final should you win the group.

You won't need everyone registered for pre-season games and you can play whoever you like. However, most teams will be 'genuine' FSL teams rather than summer league teams so you are unlikely to come up against a 'packed' team.

Its a great opportunity to get your team settled for the start of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hi all,

sorry I was away yestersay. I have a to follow about jerseys and team name but for the moment can anyone who hasn't PM'd me details for registration please do so? Thanks.

Right lads,

There are some great names there and suggestions for Jerseys but we have to make a decision on something before the end of the weekend. Now, for team name I'm happy to go with anything and I think we have decided to go with a joke name but we have to decide one ASAP I see substandard lieege got a few thumbs up. Does anyone have an objection to that?

Now for Jerseys, I was put in touch with k sport who quoted us €15 a jersey short sleve which sounded good to me when I can I'll link up the page and we see. Now, I just got off the phone with Tomas and a chap he knows works in alfie's and he offered us like a couple of seasons old premier league jersey (like Chelsea or something) for only €10 with numbers we won't know can we get them till Wednesday but it sounds like a great deal to me again baring any objections.

Any thoughts? We'll try and keep this as on topic as we can for the next couple of days my vote at the moment goes with:

substandard lieege for a team name and alfie's if they can come through for us otherwise ksport for jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

That sounds great with the prem league jerseys, especially Chelsea ha ha..but seriously I'm not botheredwhich club it is. Fully agree with substandard liege and see if Alfies comes through on the Prem jerseys before Ksport..Good work!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

I like the name but i would rather not play if i had to wear an arsenal or chelsea jersey or any other one. That would just go against every moral i have...ugh i feel sick and dirty even thinkin about it...Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur

I know what ya mean alan but it is a good deal and they'd be better quality then most I would imagine.

End of the day it's only a jersey for a game of ball, maybe eventually when people see a Chelsea jersey they'll think of substandard lieege :)

I guess we see what club if any they can get? If it was something like Celtic or Blackburn surely ya wouldn't have an objection?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

Ye Celtic or blackburn would be grand no objections there!!!Maybe we should start a list for Monday night football...

1. alan

1. Alan
    2. Matt Doherty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

1. Alan
    2. Matt Doherty
    3. lassykk (Séamus)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

ziedth wrote: »
    Right lads,

€15 a jersey short sleeve which sounded good .

lads they prob have to be long sleeve jerseys on that astro out there otherwise 3rd degree elbow burns :(

seen newcastle are back in the premiership;) this season
    heres one last name ....
    The Wagpies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement