Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

I can get a good few lads to fill in the missing spots if I have notice of how many to get..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

On another note,

Preseason is starting on Monday week (8th?), I'm meeting Kevin tomorrow to get all the details and I'll ring Gerry then after that to see does he want to go ahead with that but I think it's 3 games over the 5 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Regarding how much of the pitch we're going to use, that's surely up to Gerry. We need to start realising that he's our manager and should make these kinds of decisions, no?

I agree with Niall,

If he said small pitch I'd book it! He said to me book the big pitch the following week. Although I'm thinking now with the new season starting we'd hardly have the numbers to warrant a full pitch during the long hard season and should train on a small pitch. I'll say it to Gerry tomorrow when I ring him about preseason.

I got us a new player too by the look of it, I have no idea how good he is but he's a spurs fan so he has good taste :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

ziedth wrote: »
    I agree with Niall,

If he said small pitch I'd book it! He said to me book the big pitch the following week. Although I'm thinking now with the new season starting we'd hardly have the numbers to warrant a full pitch during the long hard season and should train on a small pitch. I'll say it to Gerry tomorrow when I ring him about preseason.

I got us a new player too by the look of it, I have no idea how good he is but he's a spurs fan so he has good taste :)

Keep getting as many Spurs fans as you can on one pitch. That way I'll only need one bomb to get rid of ye fcukers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

so lads will i give kingfisher a ring so for next tuesday night 7 to 8 if i can get it for a third of the pitch. Also maybe only the people who are registering should come down so that way we can get used to each other and not be playing with new people each week. Any thoughts?

Would I be right in saying though that Séa was the only player there last night who wasn't playing next year?

For the most part everyone who goes down will play for the team. I wouldn't personally be against anyone coming for a game. But it's up to the group!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

I only came down to help make up the numbers last night as i thought ye were playing the full pitch... Had i known it was gonna be only the small pitch i would have left ye to it

Thanks seamus its much appreciated as long as your down to make up numbers and not to be gettin insider knowledge for when ya play us ha ha;).............

Right so i booked us in for 7-8 nxt tuesday

He is the kind that would do that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

ziedth wrote: »

Although I'm thinking now with the new season starting we'd hardly have the numbers to warrant a full pitch during the long hard season and should train on a small pitch. I'll say it to Gerry tomorrow when I ring him about preseason.

Whats the story for September when the FLS league starts are we now gonna be expected to play the Monday nite aswell as compulsory??I thought the commitment was for one game a week for the whole year, 2weeknights is a bit much with a child at home and shift work. Just want this clarified cos I'm sure its a bit much of an ask for everyone for 2weeknites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

well lads, are ye interested in a friendly match sometime over the next couple of weeks?

one of my mates keith plays for ye dont know if he said it to ye yet, but we are trying to get a few warm up games..

its our 1st season too so it would be good to play another new comer, our name is deise devils fc.

just on the jersys, we went with alfies got the cataloges and went with one of the kits from the 10/11 nike range, very nice kits and very good prices also includes crest and numbers.

will someone get back to me on the friendly game??

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

I doubt Monday's will be compulsory.
    I wouldn't be able to play Monday and then a fsl match (Couldn't afford it as I also play on Wednesdays nights!).
    I'd say many of us are in the same boat as you with jobs and families.

MUFC - We'll try get back to you on the friendly offer.
    We have a few away next week I believe and then the preseason matches starting so it's getting a bit more hectic.

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    I wouldn't be able to play Monday and then a fsl match (Couldn't afford it as I also play on Wednesdays nights!).
    I'd say many of us are in the same boat as you with jobs and families
    Phew!!

An match next Tues instead of training is tempting. Have to find out what Gerry thinks! Are we finding out soon 'bout them prem jerseys re availability?

I'm happy to kill the Monday games for the team and people want to just play the league games. I'm not sure if Gerry thinks we are gonna play twice.

If the demand was there I'd be on for still playing on a Monday but maybe just not part of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    I'd say many of us are in the same boat as you with jobs and families.

MUFC - We'll try get back to you on the friendly offer.
    We have a few away next week I believe and then the preseason matches starting so it's getting a bit more hectic.

cheers bud, does every team play the pre-season games? do the nightowls arrange them?

The pre-season is an option I think. Just a chance for teams to familiarise with rules etc.

VERY IMPORTANT- this Friday at 7 in Waterpark club someone is asked to go from each team to discuss rules etc for 10/11 season. Saw it in sports section of News & Star. I cant go Im afraid, working 'til9

I'll confirm that with Kevin tonight Gary but I should be able to make it down.

Excellent, any word back on the prem jerseys from Alfies?

It's Tomas who is dealing with the chap, I'll give him a text.

• Advertisement

Right,

Alfie's came through for us, from what I can gather we have 15 XL long sleves jerseys with numbers for €10 a pop and they are kind of a sky blue/navy colour.

I was gonna get them Friday but I'll have to meet someone to give them the jerseys cause I'll surely miss the first preseason game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

XL? Will probably come out through the ends of my shorts :p

Ha Ha ya cant go wrong for a tenner though.. Matt i can collect them jerseys off ya if ya want.. I have a big scissors at home just tell me what numbers people want and what size and i will see what i can do for ye!:D

Grand alan sure ya have my mob I'll give ya text tomorrow night and we'll sort it put.

XL was only size along with XS I think I made the right choice :)

Hi Lads,

substandard liege is now offically a team, number of things before I go the weekend:

1. I'm missing some DOB's from players I'll put up a list when I get home if you could let me know.

2. The pool between registration, kit setting up the team is now zero so I'd like someone else to have a record of the money I take in. I'd appreciate anyone doing that.

3. Preseason starts the week of the 8th I don't have fixtures yet but when I get them even if i'm on hold I'll throw them up here and someone might kindly let Gerry know.

4. I might gave a new lad down next Tuesday so keep an eye out for someone lost looking.

5. A user on the site sent me an interesting PM regarding insurance and I think it's something we need to have a chat about.

Talk soon.

The insurance thing is a part of the tenner for each person I thought?!?

Dave, if you play on Wed. does that mean that you won't be able to play for us on Wednesdays or are you willing to miss those nights to play with the team?

XL haha, I think poor Dave might be a bit lost in that size of a jersey haha

All I know is there is no insurance in the summer league. I'll clear it with Kevin.

Cool.. Good man :)

well lads, are ye interested in a friendly match sometime over the next couple of weeks?

one of my mates keith plays for ye dont know if he said it to ye yet, but we are trying to get a few warm up games..

its our 1st season too so it would be good to play another new comer, our name is deise devils fc.

just on the jersys, we went with alfies got the cataloges and went with one of the kits from the 10/11 nike range, very nice kits and very good prices also includes crest and numbers.

will someone get back to me on the friendly game??

cheers
    What do ye all think about setting a friendly instead of training on Tues,Alan would Gerry think it a good idea and could we get the full pitch if it was??seeing as we'll have jerseys

• Advertisement

Might I suggest having that friendly the week after the preseason?

That way Jerry can work on a few more things with the team on tuesday to be that bit better prepared for it,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement