Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

Match day and time list(everybody please copy and paste with your own time and if u can play anytime thats great put that down too)

1) MickClince12118 any time
    2) Jonnyfingers any time

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

2) Jonnyfingers any time
    3) Shy_Dave! Any time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

2) Jonnyfingers any time
    3) Shy_Dave! Any time
    4) ziedth any time

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭d-sher

2) Jonnyfingers any time
    3) Shy_Dave! Any time
    4) ziedth any time
    5) d-sher Monday or Tuesday (Prefer Mon & Tues but can do Wed)

already 5 on the list within hours this must be one of the most active threads on here lol so far everyone seem fairly flexable as to what day n time we're playing neway, lets see if that can be sed on the pitch lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

2) Jonnyfingers any time
    3) Shy_Dave! Any time
    4) ziedth any time
    6) Kensutz Monday

kensutz wrote: »
    2) Jonnyfingers any time
    3) Shy_Dave! Any time
    4) ziedth any time
    6) Kensutz Monday

well seems like we have our first definite answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Not able to play myself because I play Junior League but for what it is worth avoid the summer league like the plague. I play in it myself and you have a lot of packed teams full of junior league players and even a couple of junior league sides enter it for a pre-season get together. So that's players coming off of a 9 month season tipping away to keep their fitness up, not to mention the experience factor! Expect a couple of hammerings if you do go into it which might put a lot of people off. You would be much better off getting a regular game on the astro each week and enter the winter version.

/2 cent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

witless1 wrote: »
    Not able to play myself because I play Junior League but for what it is worth avoid the summer league like the plague. I play in it myself and you have a lot of packed teams full of junior league players and even a couple of junior league sides enter it for a pre-season get together. So that's players coming off of a 9 month season tipping away to keep their fitness up, not to mention the experience factor! Expect a couple of hammerings if you do go into it which might put a lot of people off. You would be much better off getting a regular game on the astro each week and enter the winter version.

/2 cent

Totally agree. I've played against former Waterford Utd players in the summer cup. Way too much class. Spend the summer finding your feet by playing 7-a-side and then join the league proper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

2) Jonnyfingers any time
    3) Shy_Dave! Any time
    4) ziedth any time
    6) Kensutz Monday
    7) nkay1985 Any Time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

1) MickClince12118
    2) jonnyfingers
    3) ziedth
    4) nkay1985
    5) Chochese
    6) d-sher
    7) whos who
    8) jayboi
    9) kensutz
    10) southofnowhere
    11) jason2501
    12) AdMMM
    13) Fergal (my younger brother)
    14) Shy_Dave!
    15)deise

sounds good ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭whos who

2) Jonnyfingers any time
    3) Shy_Dave! Any time
    4) ziedth any time
    6) Kensutz Monday
    7) nkay1985 Any Time
    8) whos who.... any time (Prefer Mon & Tues but can do Wed also)

Looking likes Monday so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

whos who wrote: »
    2) Jonnyfingers any time
    3) Shy_Dave! Any time
    4) ziedth any time
    6) Kensutz Monday
    7) nkay1985 Any Time
    8) whos who.... any time (Prefer Mon & Tues but can do Wed also)

9) lassykk

I'll go for a kick around on Monday's if that is decided on. I play night owls already for a team and have made a commitment for the summer league but I'm not sure if the team will continue after that.

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I'm sure we could come to some arrangement to ensure the collapse of that team! You could be our ringer. :D

seems like its monday so, i wont be here tomorow or the day after would someone be able to book the pitch fr 7 on monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jason2501

nkay1985 wrote: »
    2) Jonnyfingers any time
    3) Shy_Dave! Any time
    4) ziedth any time
    6) Kensutz Monday
    7) nkay1985 Any Time

Anytime is good for me monday to friday evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 kevthefonz

Originally Posted by MickClince12118
    1) MickClince12118
    2) jonnyfingers
    3) ziedth
    4) nkay1985
    5) Chochese
    6) d-sher
    7) whos who
    8) jayboi
    9) kensutz
    10) southofnowhere
    11) jason2501
    12) AdMMM
    13) Fergal (my younger brother)
    14) Shy_Dave!
    15)deise
    16) kevthefonz

16 people woo

everyone ok for monday then?

17 lassykk isn't on that list.

We might just have a team going, I'll try pitch tomorrow

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »

Good man Ziedth. Really looking forawrd to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

ziedth wrote: »

18, I added a friend who seems to have disappeared from the list.

amazing 18 players in this amount of time, if u can book the pitch man send everyone on the list the info as stated already i wont be here tomorow or on a computer fr that matter cheers

can't wait fr this now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

if there's anymore room ill play

mailrewop wrote: »
    if there's anymore room ill play

I'm of the opinion that we leave it open to as many as possible until we know how many are likely to turn up every week. Then if we find that we're getting too many (which I've never known to happen!) we could do what lots of groups do and have a system where everyone confirms their availability and it's first come, first served. Don't see it coming to that though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

il play no bother and so will one of my mates but he's not on boards? but he'l def play we were actually looking for a team for the summer.

both of us play junior football and we are 21, handy enough will play cm,rb or rw.. the other chap plays rw or cf.

we are both 100 per cent to play and if your short numbers il get 1 or 2 more of the lads who'd be deilghted to play.

you should gather everyone in one of the astros in waterford for an hour (prob work out at about 5euro each) and have a practise/training game or something? to get us familar with each other before the 1st game... just a suggestion.

il play no bother and so will one of my mates but he's not on boards? but he'l def play we were actually looking for a team for the summer.

Not sure we'll we putting a team in the summer league if that's what you mean.
    both of us play junior football and we are 21, handy enough will play cm,rb or rw.. the other chap plays rw or cf.

If you play junior league I don't think you're elligible to play in the Floodlit Soccer league unless you're over 30. Of course you're more than welcome to play in a weekly game just between ourselves.
    we are both 100 per cent to play and if your short numbers il get 1 or 2 more of the lads who'd be deilghted to play.

you should gather everyone in one of the astros in waterford for an hour (prob work out at about 5euro each) and have a practise/training game or something? to get us familar with each other before the 1st game... just a suggestion.

That's pretty much the plan.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I'm of the opinion that we leave it open to as many as possible until we know how many are likely to turn up every week. Then if we find that we're getting too many (which I've never known to happen!) we could do what lots of groups do and have a system where everyone confirms their availability and it's first come, first served. Don't see it coming to that though!

In my experience you'll always have people who can't play on any given day. So the more people available the more chance of getting decent numbers.

I'd suggest setting up a google spreadsheet with everyone's names, emails and/or mobile numbers. The rows contain all the names and then there would be a column for each day a game is going to be played. You just put in whether you are available to play on any given or not, simple Yes or No in the column.

It's a handy way of checking availability without someone have to contact everyone individually.

Yeah lads I definitely think we will leave it as an open invitation untill we have enough people playing regularly for a squad in the league in september.

• Advertisement

I agree all are welcome! I'm sure some won't be able to commit when the time comes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement