Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Should be fine for both nights next week but will have to refer to the rosters.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭d-sher

Yeah should be fine for Monday Alco.29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya it's booked Alan,

They shafted us last time so might be worth a call to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

ha ha good man dave!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

I mite come down sometime watch ye lads play soccer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm on the late shift on Monday but can make the match later in the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

1. alan
    2. daaave
    3. Gary
    4. Jonny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

1. alan
    2. daaave
    3. Gary
    4. Jonny
    5. Dave C

if ur confused on the amount of Daves, just refer to me as 'Scottish Dave' if u like :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'm definitely missing for the next 2 weeks. If anything changes, I'll probably turn up at the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

1. alan
    2. daaave
    3. Gary
    4. Jonny
    5. Dave C
    6. Dave 'the pale one' :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

1. alan
    2. daaave
    3. Gary
    4. Jonny
    5. Dave C
    6. Dave 'the pale one
    7. Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

Lads,

I know I'm prob not registered (don't know if I have to be). I'd be interested in playing ball if ye're in need of bodies any night. Warning...35 now and prob not as fit as i should be but can still kick the round thing anyway!!

@ Manic - Hello, we have been playing Monday nights for a few months now, and have now registered a team for the floodlit soccer league.
    To play in the league you must be registered, I don't know whether the registration window has closed or what so hopefully someone else can shed some light on that for you.
    We are most likely winding down the game on mondays once the league proper starts in a few weeks to likely play one game a week in it.

@ Everyone, I have a family thing tomorrow so I think it may be a good idea for me to take a break to rest my fecking groin.
    I'll be there on Thursday, would you let Gerry know Alan? Thanks.

1. alan
    2. daaave
    3. Gary
    4. Jonny
    5. Dave C
    6. Dave 'the pale one
    7. Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

1. alan
    2. daaave
    3. Gary
    4. Jonny
    5. Dave C
    6. Dave 'the pale one
    7. Mick
    8. Niall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Lads, might have to pull out of the game tomorrow. Pretty sure I'll be cooking for 16 people instead! Will let you know for definite tomorrow.

Either way I'll be there for the match during the week.

Manic087 wrote: »
    Lads,

I know I'm prob not registered (don't know if I have to be). I'd be interested in playing ball if ye're in need of bodies any night. Warning...35 now and prob not as fit as i should be but can still kick the round thing anyway!!

Come down tomorrow manic in the kingfisher at 7-8 and have a game and if your interested in playing for the team im sure we could register you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

alco.29 wrote: »
    Come down tomorrow manic in the kingfisher at 7-8 and have a game and if your interested in playing for the team im sure we could register you!!

I mightn't make it tomorrow. Sorry mate. Any other Monday wouldn't be a problem but this week's out!! really sorry!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Lads, might have to pull out of the game tomorrow. Pretty sure I'll be cooking for 16 people instead! Will let you know for definite tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure the 16 people can cook for themselves! :D

Fergal's Toy Story excuse was bad but cooking is probably worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

1. alan
    2. daaave
    3. Gary
    4. Jonny
    5. Dave C
    6. Dave 'the pale one
    7. Mick
    8. Niall
    9. Liam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

nice one jonny,thanks again for having us all over for dinner after training tonight.looking forward to it.....btw don't forget to serve matt and alan's grub on ceramic plates........the poor spurs boys wouldn't be used to silverware!:D

• Advertisement

oh boy you got owned :p

Ha ha good one daaave...... grr:mad: Slim pickings tonight whats the story? whos missing?

alan, any word from dillon and his mate? i'm sure we'll have mick and keith too..

Martin and dylan said after the match on thursday they will be there but i wasnt talking to them since.. tommys leg is still sore so wont be around for the week.. kieth just text me and said he will be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭kensutz

I should be down there later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

daaave wrote: »
    nice one jonny,thanks again for having us all over for dinner after training tonight.looking forward to it.....btw don't forget to serve matt and alan's grub on ceramic plates........the poor spurs boys wouldn't be used to silverware!:D

We all can't buy the title dave :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭d-sher

Very sorry lads, Wife got a call from work and had to head in - Minor emergency so I was left holding the baby! Wouldn't mind but I had my gear on and was in the van on the way over when she called me!! :mad:

No worries, these things happen Dave.
    How was it tonight guys?

nothing really to report about last nights game, just had a kickaround. for the most part we(blue team) kept playing the simple ball and worked well together.biggest problem last night was that the numbers were poor.gerry metioned again about the fact of there only being 2 divisions in the league this year and that the skill level will be significantly higher than originally thought.it is vital that we up our efforts to try and have every player available for the next 2 matches to get a fair idea of how we'll measure up for the season. its only fair to expect everyone to let the team know whether or not they're gonna be there.we had 9 people on the list for last night(i think 12 showed up in the end) but there were also a number of lads which we didn't hear from.

the general consensus after last nights game was that there will be some serious questions to be asked should we get 2 more similar results as last week. lets not let that happen,get your shift swap,cook the dinner earlier,get to the kids club cinema show,do whatever it takes to get rid of these pre-season jitters.......:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Well said!! Who is DEFINITE for Thursday at 8.45 Waterpark??

1) Gary
    2) Daaave

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement