Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

Im pickin up mick later when im collecting tomas. there around the same area anyway. I told keith to bring his gloves cause he might be called on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I have a spare pair that were left at training. Hopefully someone will take one for the team.

Dave will really be missed but this is going to happen in the league as nobody can play every game so we'll need a back up plan so it's nearly good that it's poped up.

On the plus side, from the names there I think we'll have a sting outfield team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

i suppose if ye need me i'll go on the goal. Might need a bit more protection that we were giving Dave though:p

Ive no gloves though

I have a pair Eoin,

Don't worry. Maybe someone will step in for ya 2nd half if your not enjoying it. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Anyone be able to give me a lift? I'm on John's Hill and am a bit stuck for time!

• Advertisement

adam pm your number to me and i will collect you

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭d-sher

Im like a demon that im missing the game tonight lads!! Sorry for leaving ye down...

Will definitely be there for the next one though. Best of luck tonight lads, plenty of communication and I'm sure we will hold our own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Well done lads. Great result. I didn't really see the second half with the injury drama but the first half was class. We got to grips with them within 5 minutes and they didn't really trouble us after that. Good stuff.

Fergal's in A&E now. Hopefully he'll be alright and I'l post up when I hear anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Yeah, good game lads. We were never really under that much pressure. In fairness they stuck the freekick in the corner so there's not much we could have done about it.

But considering they're a team that has played together for quite a while and we're still getting to know each other and trying to sort out our starting eleven, I felt we were the more organised team.

And I think Mick is a ready-made enforcer in midfield! Fair play to Dylan for taking his chances as well.

Sorry to those that didn't get on. I'm sure we'll all get a run out over the season. I won't be around for the next two weeks because of holidays and shift work but when I'm back I'll gladly give up my place (if I still have it!) to give someone else a go.

I enjoyed it on the right-wing tonight though, but Jesus it's tiring! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Fergal's out of the hospital anyway. He was given an injection and some tablets and they think it's a spasm of some sort I think.

• Advertisement

That's good Niall, similar thing happened to Mrs Ziedth and sh was grand in a week so here is hoping. It's a real pity cause I thought Fergal did really well.

Anyway, great result last night lads. Real team effort again, I'd like to thank Dave the goalie for coming down (Liam made a great point like it was something out of a film :)) and espically to Eoin who not only took one for the team by going on goal but also I feel did very well, he feels he could have got to that free :)

hard to single out anyone but I have to say that I thought Martin and Johnny both were top class and Dilllon again s showing his class infront of goal. We deserved that in last night in my opinion and I think that if we had played like that against 20 benson we would have mauled them.

I hope Fergal gets back up and running soon.

On a side note, speaking for myself as one of the lads who didn't get on I for one can live with it in games like that and not getting a run. If I was picking the team I'd giv everyone 30min but we wouldn't beat eggs. All our times will come like johnny said holidays and shift work are going to take people out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

Very good performance last night lads, against a side who i imagine have much more experience playing together. Surprisingly enough after just 2 games together we were the more organised side.
    I think Gerry got it right by suggesting i play in front of the back four, not because i was particularly great in the role or anything but because you always have a body facing their midfield in that case and that always has them under pressure to try to do something.

Like Matt, i think it'd be very hard to single out anyone from last night we all played and held our positions very well and the team performance as a whole was why we won that game. That free kick was the only real scare of the night so there are a lot of positives to be had.

Well done lads.

Just to mention also that they finished midtable last season in what would have been the 2nd division so good result I feel.

I'm not happy about the the new league structure at all TBH but if we keep plugging away at the teams that are within our reach and pretty much just ignore the results against these 3 divison 1 teams that are gonna be in the league I think we will give a good account of ourselves.

Good game guys. My apologies for giving away the soft free that led to the goal, will have to glue my hands to my sides in future. I also hope I didn't give anyone a heart attack when I knocked it back towards our own goal, not being able to slide meant I was always going to be at a stretch and I didn't want to knock the ball into Maypark Village by smashing it over the bar.

Hope Fergal will make a speedy recovery and be with us again soon!

Glad to hear fergal is goin to be ok. thats the last thing ya want to see at a match , fellas goin off in the ambulance although im after seen it happen a couple of times up there. It was an all round good performance out of everyone last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Hey guys, sorry about all the drama last night!! The ambulance seriously wasn't my choice haha.. But I guess it was a precautionary thing..

Turns out it was a spasm anyway and the end result after x-ray's and all that jazz was an injection into my hip and anti-inflamatory tablets :)

Mam and my GF are absolutely adament that I am far to injury prone to be allowed to continue playing ball so I have a battle on my hands there haha

Great win anyway! Well done to Dylan again! I'm a bit gutted to have missed the second half but I guess s**t happens..

Anyone forget a hoody on Thursday lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

i only have 13 jerseys,i take it fergal went away with another making it 14,is that the lot?

who's for monday night then.....

1.daaave

Hope your using fairy non bio on them jerseys dave cause my skin is very sensitive!:D If fergal has one thats the lot.. Count me in for monday. Whats the numbers goin to be like so i can tell gerry to come down or not.

I have an extreme case of man flu going on so I doubt I'll be playing but I will cone down if Gerry and everyone us there. So I won't put my name on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

1.daaave
    2.mick

Not looking good at the moment on numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

1.daaave
    2.mick
    3. Gary

We had ten names on thurs so it must be going ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

1.daaave
    2.mick
    3. Gary
    4. Liam

1.daaave
    2.mick
    3. Gary
    4. Liam
    5. Alan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

1.daaave
    2.mick
    3. Gary
    4. Liam
    5.alan
    6. shy dave

alan,any word from dillon or martin? prob not worth gerry's while coming down 2nite at this stage.... whats goin on,where is everybody???

I have an exam in the morning but think I'll use this as my reward for studying all day.

1.daaave
    2.mick
    3. Gary
    4. Liam
    5.alan
    6. shy dave
    7. Adam

Did not hear from dylan or martin but kieth cant make it with work... did anyone book the hour or is it booked all the time.. We still goin ahead or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Damn straight we're still going ahead!!We should have 5a-side and we can play in the 18 yard.

Will i tell gerry to come down so??

• Advertisement

I'll text Eoin and see if he's about. I don't think it would be really necessary (or fair) to get Gerry down this week. I think we can organise a game of two-touch / half-pitch amongst ourselves in his absence and save the bollocking from him for our next friendly :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement