Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

Im collecting the two lads..... I got another one of the lads to play tonight shane is his name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That's good. you could almost have entered your own team at this point :)

Edit: I wretched my shoulder in work today, I'm def not going to be able to play. Although your mate alan makes up for it.

I'll see you all at 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

I just saw the score lads there now

Try not to get too demoralised by it. Kelly & Dollard are one of the stronger teams you will come up against.

Ye still have a good record won 2 and lost 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

i thought it was 9 not 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Balls, did we get hammered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Couldve been20, we played well when the ball was passed from the rear instead of aimlessly hoofed from the goalkick, will we ever learn. Its hard to win a ball in the air and then gain posession rather than pass to feet or at least aim for a player. We will do well against weak teams but we must pass the ball to win against the stronger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

ye played well when the ball was passed to feet but even so thats was always before ye got to the halfway line and the ball was lost,thats no good.kelly and dollard players were standing off.ye need to be stronger physically ,going in with shoulders etc and winning the ball in the air,2 bread and butter things.esp up there with the winning shoulder to shoulder as ya cant slide etc.ye need to communicate better too,lots of mixups going on.its not all about passing up there ya know,movement etc.on and off the ball.being aware where your team mates are,keeping your head up when your on the ball .

ye were missing a few lads from looks of things,but far as i know so were kelly and dollard,they had their cb playing on goal.

I think it's better to just draw a line under it and put it down to a learning experience.

For what it's worth I thought Alan had a good game and we took our goal well.

I think our team that played against oceans 11 would have done twice as good tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

That's what happens when we play a well organised team that have been playing with each other for along time. It didn't take them long to find our weaknesses and exploit them. When they were going forward with the ball, they were confident, had numbers and showed great off the ball movement.

When they broke through down the flanks, our midfield wasn't tracking back, leaving us horribly exposed which led to a cheap goal or two as they had plenty of heads to aim for. I often counted 3 unmarked attackers for them to aim for. I know that fitness has a lot to do with this but a midfield is expected to track back. We'll have to work for everything we get in this league. We can always take advantage of the rolling subs so you can run yourself into the ground, let someone else on for a few minutes and then come back on.

Of the many goals they scored, I reckon 4 of them we can write off. 2 were offside but we were just unlucky to have the decision to go against us. We need to work on the offside trap. We all need to move forward a step together and stop dead so that the player is obviously offside and the referee can make an easy decision. Remember, he has no assistants so if he sees a defender follow a player making a run in the corner of his eye, he's not going to give offside. The other two goals that I'd like to write off were the mi**** opener and the one that took a horrible bounce to take it away from Eoin in the box.

I also was somewhat annoyed to notice we were starting to fight amongst ourselves. I will happily go out there every week and give it my all, even if we lose by a massive margin. While it's difficult to stomach, let alone enjoy a game like that, we should always remember that we're in this league for fun, not glory.

I think we played much better in the second half. We were starting to string some passes together and had some nice passages of play. As it was pointed out though, a lot of the time we were passing it to one another in our own half and were completely lacking in penetration. Any team would be happy to let us pass it amongst ourselves in our own half and whenever they did apply pressure to us, we were liable to make costly mistakes which we can't afford to make that deep in our own half.

As for Eoins kick outs, I thought they were pretty good. The vast majority of them found their way to a blue shirt, with Dylan notably making particularly determined and brave efforts to win the ball. Long kick outs like that, if we can win them, threaten their shape and therefore gives us options. As you all saw, we may have made a few nice moves from working it out from the back but we also made some horrible mistakes.

With a bit more time together, the off-the-ball movement and communication will come naturally. I look forward to our next game!

Good point regarding giving out to players Alan, I don't want to see any of that ****e either but I can understand how it could happen given the score

• Advertisement

What was the team by the way lads?

Good news lads gerry is after gettin us a new keeper. He is comin down on monday night for training. Lets put that bad result behind us and move on. We all know we are better than that..

Monday 7-8

1. Alan

Great news is right,

1. Alan
    2. Matt Higginbottom

1. Alan
    2. Matt Higginbottom
    3. Adam

1. Alan
    2. Matt Higginbottom
    3. Adam
    4. Niall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

1. Alan
    2. Matt Higginbottom
    3. Adam
    4. Niall
    5. SCO' Dave

would help if someone could show me left right and center how to do a throw-in....i am so bad at them it's not even funny lol and it's actually not funny like lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

1. Alan
    2. Matt Higginbottom
    3. Adam
    4. Niall
    5. SCO' Dave
    6.Daaave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

1. Alan
    2. Matt Higginbottom
    3. Adam
    4. Niall
    5. SCO' Dave
    6.Daaave
    7. Tomas rosicky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

1. Alan
    2. Matt Higginbottom
    3. Adam
    4. Niall
    5. SCO' Dave
    6.Daaave
    7. Tomas rosicky
    8. Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

1. Alan
    2. Matt Higginbottom
    3. Adam
    4. Niall
    5. SCO' Dave
    6.Daaave
    7. Tomas rosicky
    8. Mick
    9. Liam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

mailrewop wrote: »
    1. Alan
    2. Matt Higginbottom
    3. Adam
    4. Niall
    5. SCO' Dave
    6.Daaave
    7. Tomas rosicky
    8. Mick
    9. Liam
    10.Gary (be down by 7.20. working til 7)

1. Alan
    2. Matt Higginbottom
    3. Adam
    4. Niall
    5. SCO' Dave
    6.Daaave
    7. Tomas rosicky
    8. Mick
    9. Liam
    11. Tommy
    12. Kieth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

1. Alan
    2. Matt Higginbottom
    3. Adam
    4. Niall
    5. SCO' Dave
    6.Daaave
    7. Tomas rosicky
    8. Mick
    9. Liam
    11. Tommy
    12. Kieth
    13. eoin

Hi lads,

Sorry couldn't make it down tonight. Having serious problems with my back. I had to go to a doc today and got a shot which knocked me out till about 20min ago. Looking like I might be missing a few weeks, I'll still be around for the games anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

I'm continuing to rest and try get over this groin strain, shall be back soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Hi guys,

Back in the country after my holidays but in work on evenings this week so couldn't play. I'll be back next week.

A good turn out last night and some great new additions. I'll be praying to the Lord of the Hamstrings to try get better for Monday. He's been good to me for 21 years, so I don't see why I shouldn't be okay!

That's great,

How did the new keeper do?

The keeper couldnt make it last night due to work but he will be there monday for the match... I have another 5 names who we need to get registered for the match monday. whats the story with registering matt? also is brian registered?

• Advertisement

I have a form filled in with out details on it up till the White stripes match. Although I'm missing a few DOB's (which I'll put up later) I'll give it to Kevin then before our match Monday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement