Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Not sure we'll we putting a team in the summer league if that's what you mean.

If you play junior league I don't think you're elligible to play in the Floodlit Soccer league unless you're over 30. Of course you're more than welcome to play in a weekly game just between ourselves.

That's pretty much the plan.

both of us are looking to play floodlit next year anyway as we are getting sick of the junior league(honestly you can go months without a match) so next year i will be elligiable as i wont be playing junior.

what night to all of ye play mate? id be interested as my season is over next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

both of us are looking to play floodlit next year anyway as we are getting sick of the junior league(honestly you can go months without a match) so next year i will be elligiable as i wont be playing junior.

what night to all of ye play mate? id be interested as my season is over next week.

Great to hear. We're looking to start next Monday at 7 it seems. One of the lads is going to try to book the pitch either today or tomorrow so we'll play there for the summer and then hopefully enter the Floodlit league in the Winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I couldn't get in there today but I'll def be in there tomorrow.

I assume time doesn't really matter! 7,8,9?

This team is starting to look decent, I know two players signed up are class and a few juniour league players seem interested so this could turn out fairly well.

Anyway, watch this space for Monday times etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

Im inski... you leave for one week and look what goes on!

Any day really will suit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

no prob il keep an eye on thread for the time on monday

Im inski... you leave for one week and look what goes on!

Any day really will suit

Are you all in? See what I did there? :D

Hi all,

We are booked 7-8 on Monday.

€40 for the hour. The option is there to pull it out to full pitch if we get a big crowd but we have the 7 a side for the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Good man. I'm sure if we got near 22 we could go the full length of the pitch.

Even 18 we could go 9 a side but we see how many turn up.

I looking forward to it now even though I'm sure I'll die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

id love a game of ball its been a couple of years where is it on ?

Kingfisher! The astro pitch. All ate welcome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

cheers for booking the pitch man.

well seems we're on our way, see everyone there!!!!!!

It does,

I'd say we will work on fitness till august so laps for the hour :)

laps!... hey now i did not start this thread for laps!!! lol

If we get the full pitch a pair of shinguards might come in handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Good man for booking the pitch, I'm sure we will need the full one!
    Does the Kingfisher provide footballs? If not we need to sort that. Also bibs could be very handy if we do get a lot showing up.
    Shinguards hopefully not necessary if we all understand it is a bit of fun, don't want hard tackles lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

ziedth wrote: »
    Hi all,

We are booked 7-8 on Monday.

Ah feck, I'm working evenings for thee inaugural game! I'll be there the second week assuming people aren't scared away after the first game! Exercise, ahhhhh!

It could be a mis-timed challenge which could do some damage. Better to be safe than sorry. Bibs can be picked up fairly cheap from Alfie Hales.

True, very true.

• Advertisement

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Good man for booking the pitch, I'm sure we will need the full one!
    Does the Kingfisher provide footballs? If not we need to sort that. Also bibs could be very handy if we do get a lot showing up.
    Shinguards hopefully not necessary if we all understand it is a bit of fun, don't want hard tackles lads.

I'm sure someone can rustle up a ball for the first game?

My recommendation is that we all chip in a fiver on Monday regardless of how many turn up. Let's say 18 people turn up. We'd have €90. €40 for the pitch, €50 to go towards a couple of footballs and bibs. If we don't have enough, we do the same the following week. What do we think?

Better to have enough money to keep us covered. If it's the case, I can get a couple of balls and price bibs in Dublin over the weekend. They're cheap enough in the likes of SportsWorld.

kensutz wrote: »
    Better to have enough money to keep us covered.

I don't really get what you mean by this. :confused:

If numbers started to dwindle, there would be enough to cover the lack of numbers. Probably nothing to worry about until a team is entered into the FSL.

Ken, that would be great.
    If everyone gives a fiver on the day we should have even to pay for the pitch and pay you back too.

I guess for argument sake if someone has a ball bring it. I have a couple but they need a pump!

Best thing is to do like everyone suggested and we call it €5 a game regardless if how many turn up for the summer and put the remainder into a pool that can go towards bibs, balls and when the time comes it might cover or help towards our jersey's and registration for the league in September.

Even if people don't stick with they have only paid €5 for a game of ball which is grand.

THIS MIGHT SOUND ANAL BUT FOR THIS WEEK UNTIL WE SORT BIBS COULD EVERYONE BRING DARK AND BRIGHT TSHIRT/JERSEY TO PLAY IN!

That way we won't need bibs for the first week or two anyway. No panic if a few forget but it would be handy!

yeah man on the dark and bright thing, i assume everyone has a black top lying around so i reckon black tops and colourful tops shud do it.

I'll be in my Waterford Hurling jersey anyway!

Will bring along my Barca one as well I suppose.

I'm wearing my Norwich jersey. You could almost have 2 teams picked by each user picking a colour they're wearing.

• Advertisement

True enough.

Ah we won't be long figuring out who's with who.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement