Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

ziedth wrote: »
    ^ Should be S. Tracy I'd imagine (Shane)

Sure Shane didn't score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Who scored the first?

I'll email Kevin, Gerry filled in the scorers before I got the card.

Who scored the first?

I'll email Kevin, Gerry filled in the scorers before I got the card.

It was Martin wasn't it? Unless I've got it wrong but I thought it was him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

I think it was mick. Not midfield mick the other one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It was me.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

It was me!! Or at least should have been :(

I don't think it was Mick, dylan put him through. Who was up front with him?

alco.29 wrote: »
    I think it was mick. Not midfield mick the other one!

The lad up front? Is his name Mick yeah? I thought he was called Martin. Getting awfully confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Was looking at the archives for last year's FSL. Teva Wndrs finished fourth in the Premier Division. Other than that all the other teams are a mixture of 1st and 2nd division teams and some new teams. Citypro, who we just beat, were in the 1st division, albeit they came second last!

As for Teva, they had a guy called Delahunty that scored 15 of their 47 goals last year. It will be interesting to see if he got a few of the 6 the scored in their opener. If so we should just mark him out of the game and we'll be grand! :D

Ya Adam will look after him,

Or we just get Mick to crunch him :)

there should be one other top team from the premier Johnny. That's how I was told they'd be devided

• Advertisement

Ya Adam will look after him,

Or we just get Mick to crunch him :)

there should be one other top team from the premier Johnny. That's how I was told they'd be devided

Not that I can see. Unless they changed their name. Icon Travel scored 5 so it could well be them. There was a top team for years called All-Star Travel.

Night shifts plant horrible seeds in your head. Have been thinking about our play for the last 15 or so minutes of the game the other night with regards to our long and rushed balls.

Personally, at 2-0, I was happy to just get rid of the ball because I didn't want to make a silly mistake trying to play it out from the back that could have led to them getting one back and changing the dimension of the game altogether for the past few minutes. I knew I had the better of those I was marking, so I knew they'd have to try harder than they had been if they were going to have a clear chance.

I was also aware that Dylan was still working hard to try win the ball up front and with a lucky bounce or a nice piece of play, we could have extended our lead further.

I'm still getting used to playing defense and still not entirely comfortable there. I'm sure that as time goes on, I'll gain the confidence to be able to pick out a pass but until then, I'll happily play safety first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Was looking at the archives for last year's FSL. Teva Wndrs finished fourth in the Premier Division. Other than that all the other teams are a mixture of 1st and 2nd division teams and some new teams. Citypro, who we just beat, were in the 1st division, albeit they came second last!

As for Teva, they had a guy called Delahunty that scored 15 of their 47 goals last year. It will be interesting to see if he got a few of the 6 the scored in their opener. If so we should just mark him out of the game and we'll be grand! :D

Well lads, sorry for intruding but I play for Boca seniors and we were well beaten by Teva on monday night. We held on in the first half and went in at half time 1-0 down, but we didn't have the legs in the 2nd half and they ran riot.

They look a good team and were much fitter than us, although that was no surprise as it was our first time playing the floodlit soccer league, anyway best of luck for the season.

BazBox wrote: »
    Well lads, sorry for intruding but I play for Boca seniors and we were well beaten by Teva on monday night. We held on in the first half and went in at half time 1-0 down, but we didn't have the legs in the 2nd half and they ran riot.

They look a good team and were much fitter than us, although that was no surprise as it was our first time playing the floodlit soccer league, anyway best of luck for the season.

Thanks for the scout BazBox! As I said, they played in the Premier Division last year and did well so they're a handy team. Hopefully we'll have the legs to keep up with them when we play each other.

I wouldn't bank on that Jonathan tbh haha :)

Maybe a physical approach is a good option.. Dont let em play the way they want to.. Worry about that when it comes I suppose!!

Ya thanks Bazbox,

I tell ya there is no shame in shipping 6 to one of those teams. Cheers for coming on, I'm glad we got drawn up against a beatable team first off it could easily have been against Teva.

Looks like Ill be "back" for the next match guys.. With a new, one more injury and I need to give up, policy. Sad that it's come to that but it needs to be.. Just can't miss any more work so if I get broke up I just need to leave it for a while..

Need to win back my place now :D haha

Slksht wrote: »
    Need to win back my place now :D haha

Yeah you're in for some serious competition because the two lads were flying the other night.

Not worried :)

So what's the availability like for Monday then? I'm back from Electric Picnic that day and have a project to hand in the following day, so I'm not sure. Will try my damnest to be back early and get everything out of the way in time.

• Advertisement

Would we be better just doing a "not available" list?

Save a good bit of room on the thread.

Also, I was gonna buy some bandages with the pool money. I have a feeling we'll need them.

Also, I was gonna buy some bandages with the pool money. I have a feeling we'll need them.

Good idea. Any fall at all and you'll cut or graze something. My knee is in agony if I have to wear pants as they'll rub against the wound, and unfortunately clothing is not optional in work!

Should be alright for Monday hopefully. I'll try a run on Sunday to see how tight the skin is on the knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

What time is match at and who isn't available??

Dynamo park @ 8 Gary.

They wom their first game 3-1 so prob handy enough.

I'll give it a miss for one more week so it looks like missing is:

Matt
    Adam (maybe)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Not Attending:
    Matt
    Adam (Maybe)

Attending
    :
    Scot' Dave

that any good lookin? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

I also play in the floodlit league, a bit of friendly scouting I did during the week. I was out at the Dynamo Park game last Tuesday lets say there a team who try to "intimidate" the opposition to say the least.

They play a high line defensively and they have a good attacking wide left midfielder whose pace is frightening. He wears an Argentina jersey, if you can get someone to man mark him who has speed you will close them out of the game. Lad on the right wing is okay scored a cracker of a goal against Team America.

Cheers for that,

Keep an eye here we usually have a good chat after each game so you might pick up something against our opposition.

There is a slight scummy undercurrent in the league isn't there? Playing the friendly against Kelly and dollard one of them started on scotish Dave when we were loosing like 6-0. Seemed a bit much tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Cheers for that,

Keep an eye here we usually have a good chat after each game so you might pick up something against our opposition.

There is a slight scummy undercurrent in the league isn't there? Playing the friendly against Kelly and dollard one of them started on scotish Dave when we were loosing like 6-0. Seemed a bit much tbh!

No bothers, I play for Boca like Bazbox so was checking our opposition for 2morrow nite, Celtic Blues. Then I said I would stay and watch what Dynamo were like. Some teams take it too seriously I suppose, I want to win but not that bad I would want to go out an kick three shades of **** out of an opposition player like.

Kelly and Dollard won the pre-season tournament didn't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

same again guys, lift needed for tomorrow

• Advertisement

I won't be able to make it tomorrow evening. I'm working the evening shift and 8 o'clock is a bit too late to get off unfortunately.

I don't think we should be too worried if they try to get into it physically. We'll just set Mick on them!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement