Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    No bothers, I play for Boca like Bazbox so was checking our opposition for 2morrow nite, Celtic Blues. Then I said I would stay and watch what Dynamo were like. Some teams take it too seriously I suppose, I want to win but not that bad I would want to go out an kick three shades of **** out of an opposition player like.

Kelly and Dollard won the pre-season tournament didn't they?

they they beat us 9-1 leathal I thought but then lost to oceans 11 (who we were much better then) with a weakened team 4-0. So I don't know what to make of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I'll be there for the match tomorrow. I'll miss the next two games after that due to work and a wedding in England though.

And as for "physical" teams. Just keep your composure, don't retaliate and keep having a quiet word in the ref's ear about any hard tackles going in. Usually the ref will then be on your side and you may even get a few free kicks and offsides going your way!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Worrying about how another team plays or where they are in the league is the least of my worries. I rather go into a game with a set mind and not be intimidated by league positions or how physical a team are.

Ken has a point you know, maybe if we hear so and so are deadly we'll be more likely to sit back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Can anyone give me a lift tonite???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Izy wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a lift tonite???

Where are ya living?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DementoR

Hey lads,is it too late to sign up for the team?ive been away for the past year any only found this thread today!:)

DementoR wrote: »
    Hey lads,is it too late to sign up for the team?ive been away for the past year any only found this thread today!:)

Where do you play mate? I don't think it's too late but we do have an awful lot of players atm so would you be happy to not necessarilly be starting every game? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

i need a lift lads, O'connell street if someone can collect me there

Slksht wrote: »
    Where do you play mate? I don't think it's too late but we do have an awful lot of players atm so would you be happy to not necessarilly be starting every game? :)

I usually play centre back,i have no problem not starting every game,will just be glad to be part of a team again!:)

• Advertisement

Your more then welcome budd, call down tonight if ya can and meet everyone otherwise I'll PM you for details to sign you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

With the weather the way it is wonder will the games be on tonight?

Matches go on regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

kensutz wrote: »
    Matches go on regardless.

Nice to know.

ziedth wrote: »
    Your more then welcome budd, call down tonight if ya can and meet everyone otherwise I'll PM you for details to sign you up.

Yeh cool il be down,just at waterpark pitch behind the hospital,what times is it at?what colors do you wear?my names Dave by the way!:)

There's about 10 Dave's on our team. Just shout and someone will be over :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Slksht wrote: »
    Where are ya living?

O connel street

DementoR wrote: »
    Yeh cool il be down,just at waterpark pitch behind the hospital,what times is it at?what colors do you wear?my names Dave by the way!:)

We wear Blue Dave, just ask for Matt I'll be floating around somewhere. Kick off is at 8.16 k?

ziedth wrote: »
    We wear Blue Dave, just ask for Matt I'll be floating around somewhere. Kick off is at 8.16 k?

8.16,ok so,il be there around 7:45,see ye tonight!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Can't make this I'm afraid. Diet of beer, buckfast and badly diluted vodka has shook me to my core. I'd be about as useful as a thong on a nun!

• Advertisement

It happens to us all my friend. We playing next Thursday If your around k?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

still in need of a lift lads

Who usually brings ya Mick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

I'll swing by O connell st at 7.45 but youll have to let me know where youll be

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

i text mick a while ago tellin him i will collect him im pickin up tomas aswell

So where do we start? (Imitates Alan Hansen)

In reality it should've been 6-1 or more. Only for a few decent saves and the goal that the ref ruled was offside, it could've been more. The "offside" goal was good because he played it back and should've stood. The penalty we got was extremely generous, I've seen refs just oversee the decision.

Our whole shape and formation tonight fell apart. Playing a deep central midfielder and making Gary do all the work was a disaster. If we're playing that we should play a 4-5-1 or 4-1-2-1-2 diamond shape. We panicked on the ball a good bit and some of the passes were wayward. Fergal did some great battling up front but it was in vein.

These short goal kicks are an absolute joke. As you can guess from a post I made ages ago, I'm not a fan. But saying that, any long goal kicks were loosely aimed too. Same with free kicks after we won an offside call. Nobody was there to collect the ball or get it aimed to. Their attackers had us split and only on the odd occasion did we have success in running the ball out.

Our communications to each other were poor. I called a couple of times that I had a player up my ass (excuse the description) and yet the ball got played to me. It started to fall apart the more we played the game. So much so, that it was non existent in the latter half of the second half.

This offside calling and standing still needs to be sorted out asap. It's being called and lads are standing still and letting their attackers run in. They got a goal from it too. We've highlighted it time and time again, to play the referees whistle.

On the plus side. We did play some nice tight passing. When we came out at the second half we played some nice stuff and Tomas was unlucky not to put away the chance although to be fair, the keeper should've caught it. Good battling by some of our lads, they tried to bully us out of the game and although I threw a mini strop coming off it was probably for the best because I could've ended up being sent off :)

Also are we frightened to use the dressing rooms to get ready and discuss our game plans? Seems strange that we all decided to stay on the pitch to find out who's playing and what we were doing.

That's it for me.........now over to Gary Lineker or Alan Shearer......:pac:

I think you have a point or two there Ken but I disagree over the score. I think they were worth their win TBF to them but 4-1 was very flattering.

Their second and third goals were very soft but I felt we moved the ball well again at times. Mate of mine who was there made a good point in that allot of them have all played since they were in st pauls together and it really really showed with their passing.

I honestly think that if Tomas had scroed that chance it would have been a very different looking game. Don't forget two we were missing Dylan and Adam although with the numbers we have we should be well able to cover people.

I think we have to have a chat on Monday night and sort out a few things. We'll learn from tonight! Don't get down hearted over it!

It was a cracking goal too Eoin!!

Yeah it was a great strike for the goal. The lads have played together for years and I've played ball with their brothers.

kensutz wrote: »

Excellent post Ken. Firstly, I apologise for letting yer man get to me at the penalty, I should have just focused on sticking it instead of rising to him and not thinking of the peno.. He did push me as I was in though to win it haha..

Now, the passing. It's very simple as far as I can see.. When we play passes that DO NOT LEAVE THE GROUND, we usually control and pass and keep possesion. When we pass the ball 3 or 4 feet off of the ground or resort to hoofing it, we lose matches. Now I know which I see making more sense! There were many times where I was physically screaming to pass the ball to my feet as I was free and willing to receive it and actually dribble with it (something we seem terrified to do as a team, and which Jonathan used to create that simple chance for Tomas which he was very unlucky not to put away). I'm sorry to name players but Brian needs to think about keeping it on the ground, the whole team does if we are to succeed in this league.

I apologise for the peno miss and losing the head but it really was a very frustrating game up front tonight when I could see how well we were doing when we just played football.. when people had the confidence to take more than one touch.. and then seeing us just kick a ball aimlessly when someone was screaming to get it.

I thought the GK was very unlucky with two of the goals, the slip on that disaster of a pitch and just the bounce for the long range one..

It wasn't a bad performance IMO! There were certainly positives to be taken from it. Reckon we missed Adam and Dylan quite a lot tonight.. Hopefully they'll be back on Thursday!

• Advertisement

The own goal was just one of those things. The keeper called for it but came out too far and slipped. I think that made our heads drop for a while until we got a good flow of passing together.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement