Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

AdMMM wrote: »
    college is back. Students book the **** out of the Kingfisher until Christmas.

Ah yeah that makes sense alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Hey if ye are stuck for numbers to make up eleven a side or anything let me know. If Gerry is running drills or anything like that obviously I wouldn't wanna come down and be in the way.

If numbers look low I'll come along if ye are stuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Numbers are looking drastic TBH,

it's only a 1/3 pitch so I'd say it'll only be a two touch game.

Keep an eye on the thread I doubt very much it'll be any more then a chat and a kick around.

ziedth wrote: »
    Numbers are looking drastic TBH,

it's only a 1/3 pitch so I'd say it'll only be a two touch game.

Keep an eye on the thread I doubt very much it'll be any more then a chat and a kick around.

Cheers I'll keep an eye on it and I might wander down if numbers look low

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DementoR

I will be there Tues night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Ill be there

Seems wechave enough for a kick around anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Just looking at our oppenents on Thursday and it seems Norris's also wear blue. Technically we're the home team so they have to change if we clash but might be an idea to bring the red bibs if we can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

I should make it today, but not around on Thursday...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

What time is footie tonite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

its on from 7-8pm

won't make it tonight-i'll be getting hot and sweaty with another 10 lads tonight instead...............................................................................

i'm doin a welding course in fas:D

Just looking at our oppenents on Thursday and it seems Norris's also wear blue. Technically we're the home team so they have to change if we clash but might be an idea to bring the red bibs if we can.

Ya I'll bring them down johnny, I assume that they would be ok on match day. Without numbers on the back like? I migHt ask Kevin on thursday what the situation is.

Ya I'll bring them down johnny, I assume that they would be ok on match day. Without numbers on the back like? I migHt ask Kevin on thursday what the situation is.

They are fairly relaxed about stuff like that usually... We played in t-shirts in the summer league as we clashed with another team

I guess they would have to be, I can't imagine very many teams spending the money for two sets of jerseys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

My roster means that I won't be able to make the match this week, or next week, due to one of the guys breaking his leg in work and another 2 going on holidays. It's a case of like it or lump it with the roster for the time being (eg: my 40 hours this week all take place straight after college!). Will be able to submit requests again shortly!

No panic Adam, these things happen.

Anyone see the scores from last night?another team bada bing seem to capeable of knocking in a few goals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

yeah i seen that score line from last night alright at lot of teams gettin well beaten up there but sometimes the scoreline flatters teams. Was talkin to dylan and he said himself and mick will be down think the keeper and derek are comin down too. Any news on shy dave?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

I'll be playing a 5-a-side game on Wednesday and if the groin seems all better I should be there Thursday for the match!

Good to hear Dave

No panic Adam, these things happen.

Anyone see the scores from last night?another team bada bing seem to capeable of knocking in a few goals too.

I work with one of their main strikers. He says their team is only ok. They were suprised they beat Icon Travel (formerly All-Star Travel) as they used to be a premier division team. They beat them quite easily it seems so maybe the new team name also means new team players. But poor ould Boca Seniors are having a rough time of it!

• Advertisement

I work with one of their main strikers. He says their team is only ok. They were suprised they beat Icon Travel (formerly All-Star Travel) as they used to be a premier division team. They beat them quite easily it seems so maybe the new team name also means new team players. But poor ould Boca Seniors are having a rough time of it!

Icon Travel / All Star Travel lost some of their best players this year as a new rule came in whereby anyone who plays junior league in any county is ineligible for the night owls (used to just be the Waterford Junior League). Their best players were regulars for Ross Celtic in the Wexford league.

Bit of useless info for you ;)

Good to hear Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

We certainly are, bada bing are a good team and they scored a couple of absolute screamers last night that our keeper had no chance with, we just have to keep the heads up and hope results change in the next few weeks!

good luck to you guys in yer match

Ya keep it up Baz,

It really just looks like your getting shafted with the fixtures. From what I saw of yee the other night your def no worse then us and everyone may aswell write off their game against TEVA by the look of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Never write off anything mate!! Just because they seem dangerous doesn't mean we cant band some past them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'm not going to make it down tonight. Sorry lads. I'm out of work the last two days. Should be ok for Thursday though I'd say.

Slksht wrote: »
    Never write off anything mate!! Just because they seem dangerous doesn't mean we cant band some past them..

I agree. In fact I expect a victory against Teva! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

BazBox wrote: »
    We certainly are, bada bing are a good team and they scored a couple of absolute screamers last night that our keeper had no chance with, we just have to keep the heads up and hope results change in the next few weeks!

good luck to you guys in yer match

we were soundly beaten, 0-0 after about 15-20mins we were just hanging in, they had a suspect peno which they converted and they just hammered us for the rest of the game!!

very good team in the air, winning everything from corners, long throws all getting flick ons and every kick out we had they were winning in the middle!!

the seniors will get there eventually, first aim is to get on the scoresheet!!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    we were soundly beaten, 0-0 after about 15-20mins we were just hanging in, they had a suspect peno which they converted and they just hammered us for the rest of the game!!

very good team in the air, winning everything from corners, long throws all getting flick ons and every kick out we had they were winning in the middle!!

the seniors will get there eventually, first aim is to get on the scoresheet!!

In fairness you've had some tough fixtures to start off on. And the Bada Bing lads are all friends who've been drinking together for years and know each other inside out. Add to that they're bit and strong and good in the air. So tough team to beat. I think the fixture to look forward to is against us! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

Ya keep it up Baz,

It really just looks like your getting shafted with the fixtures. From what I saw of yee the other night your def no worse then us and everyone may aswell write off their game against TEVA by the look of things.

tut tut matt thats not the attitude!;) lookin forward to a game of ball later feels like we didnt play in ages...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement