Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Cheers for the game last night lads. Really enjoyed it. Ye are after recruiting a couple of good additions to your team. The chap who played in defence on his own all night was quality.

If only I could poach a few for my team ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Ya his name is Dave I think haha. To add to our collection hahaha... He was absolute quality all night long, from defending the corners before the game and defending his goal on his own all night long during the match. Great find for the team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya Dave did very well (I'll claim that I found him:)) and you can never have too many players fighting it out in the back.

Eamon seems decent strong player too. If we get anymore in we'll have to seriously consider having an A and a B team next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

I think it's best to cap it at what we have now for the rest of the season. If we end up getting more, then there's a case of people having no hope of getting a run out each week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Sounds like ye had a good game last night. Hate being on evenings in work. Mad for a game of ball! Unfortunately I'll miss the match tomorrow as well because of work. Will be back in action next week.

And I agree with Ken. Our squad is getting large, which is good as various people will be missing for every game. But I'd hate to see a situation where the same people who've been there from the start are left on the bench while newcomers go straight into the team. But as long as everyone gets their chance I'm happy and I'm glad to see the new guys come in and improve the team..

• Advertisement

That's just it Johnny,

Imagine if our full squad turned up (which is going to happen at some stage I'd say) we are going to have some SERIOUS quality on the bench. Now personally I'm happy to get a run out whenever as I'm under no illusion over ny abilty but there are going to be players who are great players left out in the cold.

I'd say we'll cap it from here

Right so that's that then.. Were done for this season re-cruiting?

Slksht wrote: »
    Right so that's that then.. Were done for this season re-cruiting?

What's a cruit? And how do you do it again? :p

It happens to be an island and the regulars call visiting it "cruiting" and I dont want anyone getting distracted so after 1 visit we are not allowed any more..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

It happens to be an island and the regulars call visiting it "cruiting" and I dont want anyone getting distracted so after 1 visit we are not allowed any more..

Yeah I knew that's what it meant.

What time is the game tomorrow lads?

• Advertisement

You're just the more intelligent brother I guess :) lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

Can someone give me a lift tomorrow lads. will be the last i'll need as im moving out around ardkeen on friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

What time are we on at tonight lads?

19:15 I might get out to it.

That's dedication for ya Mick :)

actually, making the bus home might be a squeeze. Would anyone be going towards the quay or WIT after the match if needs be?

I will if I need to :)

How are we fixed for numbers?

Adam is missing, is tall Martin gonna be there? (could use him). What about striker Mick and Dylan? And Brian seen as he wasnt there Tuesday...?

Alos who are we playing and are they decent?

Norris' and they're a team with 11 players, that's all you need to worry about :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

can anyone swing by o'connell street or there abouts to pick me up lads?

I will if I need to :)

How are we fixed for numbers?

Adam is missing, is tall Martin gonna be there? (could use him). What about striker Mick and Dylan? And Brian seen as he wasnt there Tuesday...?

Alos who are we playing and are they decent?

Cheers,

Ya Norris's, tgeir useless haven't won a game in years just a pack ol alcoholics trying to esacpe death for another week OR they won divison 1 last year undefeated :)

Choose whichever story which will have you pumped the most for the match!!!!

Best of luck tonight. Any sites have the match streaming?? :P

As for Norris's just go out and beat them. The have one lad, Ryan, who scored a hattrick in the last game. Try and find out who he is and just watch him closely. Most importantly we need to do our own attacking. It doesn't matter how many they score as long as we score more! :D

• Advertisement

He's the one who usually drinks in Norris's Johnny :)

Have we got many for tonight?

I'd say a good crowd Ken,

Off the top of my head about 6 confirmed missing. So about 16 or so

That's grand. No need for me to tog out :)

I'm kinda in the same mood :)

i just here watching the game before us, White stripes (who I think for the laugh I'm going to think of as our local rivals) certainly aren't the team they were they only have 10 out and icon travel ate laying siege to their goal.

Right might aswell get this out of the way,

I didn't think a scoreline could be more misleading then last week but then tonight happened I think we were good for the draw. I really did.

Anyway, I thought "New Dave" did very well centre back considering he didn't know anyone before Tuesday and should be very happy with himself. I don't think anyone had a bad game as it happens just unlucky in parts and we lost the ball twice on the wing and they scored twice out of it.

Their third Goal was a wonder goal and by then It was over so you may aswell discount the fourth I think it's fair to Say had Adam been around at least one of those goal would have been hoofed into a&e. Something I have noticed in the last two games (and I'm not saying by any means it's Mick and Gary's fault) is the amount of space the opposition have in the centre of the pitch. I'll be saying it to Gerry but a couple of times tonight and a good few last week a chap was able to put his foot on the ball, stop and pick his pass which really as we know shouldn't happen.

Now the team we are playing next Thursday (@6.15) are nothing special they are just a group like us they have lost and won to two average teams so we should be going at that like it's a cup final.

I'm going to have a chat with Gerry about the Sub situation on Tuesday if anyone wants me to mention anything else tbh once that third goal went in all the subs should have gone on and got a run out. I'm not saying this for myself but for the other lads.

I'm going to finish on let's just keep the heads up we have a very winable game on thursday so we should go just prepare for that.

On a side note collecting Money is becoming a nightmare on match night cause people are forgetting to pay (which I don't blame them in the slightest after playing a match) and I had to did into the pool to cover the match tonight so I think I'll make a list and start ticking people off as they pay or something like that.

I'll see ya all Tuesday/Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

what was the final score if ye were good for the draw ?seems like 4-2 yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

what was the score then if ye were good for a draw?sounds like 4-2 yeah?

4-1 as it happens my friend but we had a couple of chances ya know and it was 1-1 with about 7min left on the clock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DementoR

Cheer Matt,i enjoyed the run out,we were unlucky alright.

Regarding the middle of the pitch,i think the sweeper system is causing that,since mick had to keep picking up the 2nd striker so the sweeper could stay free thats leaving him following the player and the other midfielder isnt able to cover the whole centre himself so id like to see a flat back 4 and do away with the sweeper system.

Thats just my opinion though :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement