Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

i dont know weather we were lucky or unlucky. We could of lost by 3 or 4 or we could of maybe nicked it goin on chances. Me personaly im pissed off cause i was poor. We didnt play as a team tonight at all till the last 15, 20 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

Sorry for not being their last night lads, mixed up the time reading 18.15 as 8.15, couldn't have been more pissed off when i realise.

From what the two lads have said about the match, it seems we've had another one where it was a 50/50 or close to it game.

I think the most important thing for us to do as a group of players is to stick at it and not get downhearted. If you have that feeling of really wanting to win inside, it will eventually push you over the line. If you don't have that feeling then you will never win, but I think most if not all of us have that hunger.

For example:

I used to play on a G.A.A team in wexford, we were a grand bunch of lads always putting the effort in for each other(not massively talented) but never really getting much out of it. But then one year, it all came together. most of us had been together throughout and we won the hurling and football county championships and the next year we won the football again.

So just by sticking together you can achieve a lot lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

Hey there lads. Was just wondering was it to late to join a team? My names Stephen Im 23 in WIT and am a goalkeeper but can play defence or up front to. Would like to get back playing. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Hey there lads. Was just wondering was it to late to join a team? My names Stephen Im 23 in WIT and am a goalkeeper but can play defence or up front to. Would like to get back playing. Cheers.

+1!!!!!!!!

GK, only position where we have no competition..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Slksht wrote: »
    +1!!!!!!!!

GK, only position where we have no competition..

Yeah that's a good point. We've no competition or cover there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hi there,

That would be great, throw me a PM with your name number and dob and I'll register ya k?

We have a game on Monday at 8 if you want to come down.

We play in blue just come up and ask for Matt I'll be around somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

What time is the match tomorrow night? Is there many missing or anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Post right above ya says 8pm ;) I'm unavailable as I'm getting older tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DementoR

Hey Lads

My ankle is still v sore and swollen so i definetly wont be playing tomorrow and dont know when i will be back,trying to rest it as much as i can! Best of luck in the game,i wont be able to make it down to watch either!:(

Hi lads,

I'm on deaths door in work here today, I doubt I'll be able for anything more then bed come 5. I'll try and make it over if I get a second wind but for now I'm out.

Couple of things if I'm not there:

Can someone keep an eye out for the new lad?

Can someone please again take the gear after?

And finally, Kevin has been onto me (I didn't know this) but match fees have to be paid before kick off so can someone collect money and pay him then?

Cheers lads,

And if in not there good luck.

• Advertisement

DementoR wrote: »
    Hey Lads

My ankle is still v sore and swollen so i definetly wont be playing tomorrow and dont know when i will be back,trying to rest it as much as i can! Best of luck in the game,i wont be able to make it down to watch either!:(

****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

Really up for this tonight after missing the last game! and before anyone asks who we're playing, we're playing a team of amateurs like ourselves that's all we need to know about anyone in this league.

matt is the new chap registered? Any one know if adam will be there tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Again, a 4-11 shift with no chance of cover. Haven't played a game of ball in far too long!

Ya he is Adam, Just give Gerry €5 on the side and tell him it's for the new lad. I was talking to him today and he knows all about it.

Were crazy short on DC's tonight

The team we're playing are perfectly average but have -2 points haha.. Anyone care to explain?

they conceded one or two walk overs which they are then docked 3 points.

Lookin forward to tonight now lads. How much do I have to pay?

Lookin forward to tonight now lads. How much do I have to pay?

It's €10 if you play the full game and €5 if you play half.

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    It's €10 if you play the full game and €5 if you play half.

Nice one. Its behind the hospital is it?

Nice one. Its behind the hospital is it?

Yeah if you're coming from Newtown take a left at the roundabout by The Uluru. Just follow that road all the way along, passing the hospital on your right. You'll eventually come to a really tight left turn with apartments in front of you. If you look to your right a little you'll see the entrance to Waterpark Rugby Club. It's in there. The lads will probably be in one of the dressing rooms.

Best of luck lads.

2-1 loss. Unlucky tonight lads. We deserved something from the game. Hopefully weel get the win next week.

Balls,

What knd of team did we have out?

The same as usual, one without our best players!! We have not managed to play a game with all of our best players on the pitch at once.. Its unreal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

is 'Motorbike' Kieth on this at all? i asked him to hold onto a piece of jewellery for me durin the match and i forgot to get it back off him

He is Dave ya,

Only recently though. Go back a few pages I'm pretty sure his username has Kieth in it. If you can't find it PM me and I'll send ya his number k?

Thing is Fergal other teams I would hope have the same problem but loosing two of our strongest centre backs I'd imagine would hurt any team.

How were the goals we conceded? Mistakes again or created by the opposition?

• Advertisement

fixture change due to upcoming republic of ireland games: white stripes v substandard NOW ON wednesday 6th @ 8.15. please confirm. thanks, kev.

My thinking is Dylan is getting a call up to the squad :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement