Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

didn't catch yer match last night lads but heard ye lost, how did ye play should ye have got more from the game?

we drew 4-4 ourselves, i think we should have won it but the other team will probably say the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

fixtute update. white stripes v substandard liege will now be a 7.15 kick off next wednesday 6th october. thanks, kev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Hi guys. Sorry for missing the last match but I was getting pissed in London! I'll miss the next match as well unfortunately due to shift work. Annoying but can't be avoided (unless someone wants to give me a day job???!)

Shame that we seem to be losing by a goal a lot. We're definitely not worse than most of the teams in the league it's just seems like something isn't right. We're not playing as well as we can but not sure how to fix that. Maybe a shake up of the formation or lineup is required? Or trying a few different people in different positions to see what works and what doesn't? I don't know but I'm sure we'll sort it out soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

just to make ye aware lads that its apparently 41 days 18hours and 23 minutes untill ye play nymphobraniacs
    for some reason this is the only game im looking forward to all season :)

I'm flying back early from honeymoon espically :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

We finally got our season going tonight!!!

We beat duggan electric 4-2 :-)

We had a player less for thw first twenty minutes so absolutely delighted with the result!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Count me in for Wednesday!

You will never guess who Slieverue Rovers (the team i play for) have drawn in the first round of the cup?

Should be good craic!!!

Shame you will be on honeymoon ziedth!!! Its the 27th October

Your ****ting me? I don't leave till the 28th!!!!! :)

Nice for us to get an easy game though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

Due to the fixture change gerry said we may aswell postpone the training on the tuesday night. Have everyone fresh for wednesday!

I think that's a good Idea Alan, We got something to prove now on Wednesday. Hope we get out of the traps early.

I feared that might happen;-) anyone know of a 5-a-side game looking for an extra player this week?

Our nightowls game is cancelled altogether dis week so im without a match as we cant get numbers to train:-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

I should be back on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I actually might this evening Seamus if that'd suit. 5pm today. I'll find out off the lads.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I actually might this evening Seamus if that'd suit. 5pm today. I'll find out off the lads.

Cheers Niall but sadly with work it has to be after 6 for me to be able to make it.

Thanks though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

No bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

So whats happening then? Is there no training? Match wednesday then?

Ya,

Best not to be knackered for the game. Back to training next week I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

Coolio. 7.15 kick off ya.

• Advertisement

Ya, should be a good one.

Very quiet on here this week,

I'm looking forward to tonight now. Although my back is in ribbons so I don't know will I be available. In any event I'll be down there,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

anyone who can give me a lift from o'connel street???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'll be there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

Lads anyone able to collect tomas i usually do it but the missus is workin late and has the car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Best of luck tonight lads. Would love a game but stuck in work unfortunately.

Cheers Johnny,

I'll write up a full report when I get back :)

If anyone could give me a spin back anywhere near the bus station/quay I'd appreciate it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Matt, I'll give you a lift

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DementoR

I still cant play lads,thought my ankle was better and tried playing a 5-a-side last sunday but i lasted about 15 minutes and stayed in goal for the rest of it,not sure when i will be back to be honest:(.Best of luck tonight!

• Advertisement

Cheers Ken,

Don't rush back Dave it's a long season yet. See how you are in a few weeks k? But don't be too long we need ya :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement