Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

We could do with a private forum to discuss matches, tactics etc. We could keep this thread open for any public news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

DjBryn wrote: »
    hmmm just as i suspected would happen, namedrops & handbags........:rolleyes:

mostly from numbers who generally stay mute during games or training...

fulltime on this thread! close up shop..

mabey start a new one a general
    " waterford floodlit league "
    thread seeing its now advertised on the fsl homepage..

eh no,that was a pisstake from somebody whos followed this thread since it started.anyone can see reading this thread certain members of this team aint happy with him yet bitch online.why not say it to his face,thats what players do to managers,they let them know their concerns etc.thats what theyre there for.

jonnyfingers tbh ye shouldnt even open a second thread,whats the point?ye should sit down and discuss things face to face,ye meet once a week for training,thats when ye should be sorting things out.it happens on the training pitch before ye even kick a ball.thats probably a lot more than certain teams in the ffl soccer have even done in their excistance.even junior teams only train twice a week generally and they get their ideas across.

the sign of a good manager is somebody whos able to talk and listen to his players , doesnt seem like thats the fact from reading the last page or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

The fact is that if anyone feels hard done by, now is the time to say so or perhaps shut the f uck up. Time to play with passion and guile and get on with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Opinions arent exactly welcomed to be fair... How many of us have said that short kick outs are a disaster when used constantly and where did that get us? Conceded another one last match...

short kick outs work when lads are comfortable with the ball and know what to do, make what you want of it

• Advertisement

Exactly.. When.. Were not haha

I make of it what I do and what I make of it is that they are a funking disatser.. Said so to :)

If not capable of a short kick out then maybe we shouldnt bother at all with this but if anyone has something to say to Gerry then say it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Training the short kick outs on 1/3 of the pitch isn't the same as doing them on full pitch!!! If you remember our fullbacks were taking the short kick outs nearly on the goal line , the pass to the midfield was on d edge of d box what means that whoever plays striker has to pull back to defence to get d ball...that way we only invite them to our half and after two short kick outs every team( not only good teams) figures out what we doing!!! Plus as soon as a full back makes a pass to midfielder he should keep his run so he can get the ball back, what happens in training but not once in the game and we end up boxed in our own half every short kick out!!!

As to what I said earlier that I played my last game for the team...
    Before the last game we sad that we need to keep the ball on the ground so any time I got the ball I made sure it's down and was passing it to our wingers or up to Dylan, makin a run to free space but never got the ball back... So at half time I'm being shouted at that I play my own game and don't care about the team... Now when I play **** I'm the first one to ask to be substituted for the better of the team, and I'm not gonna be coming down there paying €10 to run around for 25 minutes and being shouted at for no good reason!!! You don't hear/see any other manager or whoever is in charge to give out to his team the way Gerry does!!!

He definitely has his favourites and it looks(might be only my opinion) that even if they do something wrong someone else is getting the blame for it!!!
    And if you on the receiving end it's very easy to see it!!!

It's all a disaster really, nobody seems happy, what's the story. We have a good enough team to not be getting beaten like this every week. Everyone will lose interest quickly at this rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Has anyone said this to Gerry? I doubt he puts on his glasses every night and sits in front of the screen to read through the latest bout of mudslinging. I don't like the way we're airing our dirty laundry on a public forum, for all to see. Nothing was said on the night of the last match about the tactics, although with that being said I'm sure a lot of people were holding their tongues at full time.

How about we use this thread to inform people of fixtures, giving quick round up of the matches and for seeing who's available to play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think I agree with Adam and Johnny about the thread here although I wouldn't do away with it like ya said it's good to organise stuff and I Luke the idea of a private way in which we can discuss this kind of thing.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

ziedth wrote: »
    I think I agree with Adam and Johnny about the thread here although I wouldn't do away with it like ya said it's good to organise stuff and I Luke the idea of a private way in which we can discuss this kind of thing.

Any ideas?

before training,during training,after training.have a meet up,go to the pub for a chat about things,in the dressing room before the game,and at the end of the game.

anythings better face to face when ye have yer team around you rather than sorting it out on the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

About these forum rants...

A few lads said that the short kick outs are not working in training before the match and during the match and they are still being forced...

On the very beginning every one said what positions they play in and people are still being played out of position ( I know it's necessary if someone can't make the game ) but we seem to be trying people in competitive games, when they never played in those positions and not being comfortable with it!!!

Example two weeks back our centre half played left back, right back played right/left wing and I got stuck to play centre half and later on full back when I clearly said I play upfront or midfield!!!

So as I see it for now it doesn't really mat her what a few people think or say in training, before the game or during it!!!

Freekicks being next, we train all sorts of stuff around them with 3 lads while no one else even gets a try, and than match comes it's a shot anyway!!! Someone might be actually able to curl it round the wall...

Any ideas?

www.teamer.net looks like a good place to have discussion amongst ourselves, what do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Any ideas?

Right I've just set up an invite only social group here on Boards and invited anyone from the team who's posted in the last few pages. I'm sure I'm missing a fair few so if you haven't received an invitation, post here.

This will be totally private so we can talk about all things related to the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

Sounds like a plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 stewman

think ur team is substandard liege,great name by the way,ye are sum men 4 whinging tho,played against ye i think,ye have alot of poor players not all but alot,just enjoy the run around thats your best bet.....sorry 4 the truth lads

stewman wrote: »
    think ur team is substandard liege,great name by the way,ye are sum men 4 whinging tho,played against ye i think,ye have alot of poor players not all but alot,just enjoy the run around thats your best bet.....sorry 4 the truth lads

And who exactly are you then lad? Every player has a whinge it happens. The team aint poor just lacking some confidence thats all. Thats the truth lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 stewman

ye seem a good bunch of lads that want to play ball,but ye hav some shocking players,bit like the irish team ye know wat ye want to do but ye havnt the players to do it,im not been a prick but ye need 2 see where ye are no amount of talking will solve that.....sorry.....affid niteowls fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

That's unfairly harsh.

I don't play with the team but I do train with them to keep sharp. They are only finding their feet playing competitively and having watched some of their matches from the sidelines too I can say they are definitely not poor players. A couple of wins under their belt and they will be flying.

The nature of how the team was set up (through boards) was always going to lend itself to the lads playing/not playing wanting to discuss the team. I do think the private group is a better idea to discuss things though that nkay set up.

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Right I've just set up an invite only social group here on Boards and invited anyone from the team who's posted in the last few pages. I'm sure I'm missing a fair few so if you haven't received an invitation, post here.

This will be totally private so we can talk about all things related to the team.

I'm not looking to gain access to the social group as that should only be for team members but I do enjoy training with ye so if someone could still post if training is going ahead or not on this thread that would be great.

I don't think I'll come down training though with ye until after we play ye in the cup match as I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to gain knowledge ;)

Borderline trolling but:

just to say I'd rather play with the lads and get hammered then with any of the scumbag teams we have played against. Sorry!

Looking forwad to the game now!!!

Are we training this week? Really looking forward to game this week, we have alot to prove and those moronic comments should be motivation enough

ye seem a good bunch of lads that want to play ball,but ye hav some shocking players,bit like the irish team ye know wat ye want to do but ye havnt the players to do it,im not been a prick but ye need 2 see where ye are no amount of talking will solve that.....sorry.....affid niteowls fan

I think we should print these out and stick them up in the changing room before the next game. Dont really need any more motovation. We have a good team we just need to cut out the silly mistakes and get some confidence. SUBSTANDARD LIEGE FOR THE CUP!!! :D

SUBSTANDARD LIEGE FOR THE CUP!!! :D

Just to be clear Stewman has no affiliation with Slieverue Rovers so there's no need to take it out on us ;)

No no, your getting the brunt of it :) I'll let ya know when we have training k? I'm gonna try for Monday at 7 down in WIT.

Please don't use text speak, Cheers!!!

No no, your getting the brunt of it :) I'll let ya know when we have training k? I'm gonna try for Monday at 7 down in WIT.

Cheers for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mcfc85

well lads

im interested in joining the team, wouldnt mind a kick about

can someone invite me to the secret palace :D

cheers

steve :D

• Advertisement

mcfc85 wrote: »
    well lads

im interested in joining the team, wouldnt mind a kick about

can someone invite me to the secret palace :D

cheers

steve :D

I'm not so sure if we are still bringing in new people mate!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement