Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

1. Daaave
    2. tombliboo83
    3. Celticutd87
    4. Jonny
    5. Ken?????
    6. Niall
    7. Liam
    8. Adam (although I can't make our match so if more than 12 are interested, I'll drop out)

I will play if ye can't make the 12 with team members so any team members looking at this don't count my name. I'm sure there will probably be 12 players from the team looking to play but I just said I'd throw my name in the hat as I'm always looking for a game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

One or three more is all we need, is Gerry coming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Well it only looks like 7 or 8 at the moment. And it was fairly short notice so not sure if everyone will see this in time. I guess we might not know final numbers until we get there. Anyone know somebody who's coming but hasn't posted here? If we don't have at least 10 by 7pm I say we should ad lassykk.

Well it only looks like 7 or 8 at the moment. And it was fairly short notice so not sure if everyone will see this in time. I guess we might not know final numbers until we get there. Anyone know somebody who's coming but hasn't posted here? If we don't have at least 10 by 7pm I say we should ad lassykk.

Cheers I have no problem at all not coming along as I can go do athletics training instead but I would need to know by 7ish... I will await developments ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

1. Daaave
    2. tombliboo83
    3. Celticutd87
    4. Jonny
    5. Ken?????
    6. Niall
    7. Liam
    8. Adam (although I can't make our match so if more than 12 are interested, I'll drop out)
    9. Eoin

• Advertisement

Ok lassykk you should come down, seems like that's everyone

Cheers see ya there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I think everyone really enjoyed the kickabout we had in the Butler Centre this evening. Some great interplay in tight situations which proves we can do it if we're in an advanced enough position.

Also want to say well done to Stephen who came along tonight and looks to be a right 'keeper to me anyway. Good reactions and no fear of throwing himself in front of someone. Can only be of benefit to us!

Looking forward to Thursday now.

Yeah, really enjoyed the kick-about last night. Felt like a mini-Paul Scholes on a mini-pitch knocking the ball about!

In other sad news Town City goalie David Grant tragically passed away at the weekend. A minute's silence will be held before all matches this week in respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

for those who may be interested-funeral arrangements for david grant are as follows

removal to st. paul's church this evening @ 6.15pm
    requiem mass wednesday 10am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Yeah, really enjoyed the kick-about last night. Felt like a mini-Paul Scholes on a mini-pitch knocking the ball about!

In other sad news Town City goalie David Grant tragically passed away at the weekend. A minute's silence will be held before all matches this week in respect.

Woah.. What age was he?

Working Thursday 3-7 lads... No joy for the match by the looks of it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

davey would have only been 27 dude-terrible loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Jesus that's awful. I always find a tragedy like that puts allot of things in perspective ya know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

Slksht wrote: »
    Woah.. What age was he?

says in news and star he was 25 cud be wrong though,was stuck by a car in the early hours of sunday morning in kk town after a night out.

Jesus Christ... That's ****in horrible!!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

Sad to hear. May he rest in peace. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭DailyBlaa

RIP David, I knew him for the last number of years. Was a great lad so tragic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

RIP David

knew him from school, life is so fragile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 stewman

played against the chap puts things into perspective......RIP buddy

• Advertisement

What are the numbers like for tomorrow night???Don't forget match is at 18.15 leave early as traffic is bad

I'll be there tomorrow anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'll be there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

Hey lads I cant make it tonight unfortunately have been held up feck sake :(. Whens the next training or match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm going to be delayed myself tonight. I'd say 30min at least. Stupid bloody time for a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Another joke of a night. 3 new members and playing 2 as Fergal and Niall is a ****ing joke. No matter how **** particular players were they were still on the pitch. If these players are getting preferential treatment then I'm finished with the club. The team was started up for boards members and then capped yet we're still getting more in.

kensutz wrote: »
    . 3 new members and playing 2 as Fergal and Niall is a ****ing joke.

I dont get it man? What happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Lads who are not registered were stuck down as yourself and Niall. Our left winger was totally crap and yet he stayed on the pitch till just before half time and then brought back on. I got asked once again about my "injury". It never ceases to amaze me that I'm back a couple of weeks and still injured. I think I'll get photo and video proof of my mileage on the bike and rugby fitness tests. I didn't get a run out yet everyone else did although probably not surprised give how **** our "manager" is.

Thats absolutely ridiculous!! I reckon you should be starting never mind not even getting a run out!!

What was the score and did anyonme say anything about how shambolic that is haha?

• Advertisement

Bad form tonight. Three new players walked straight into the team. Granted I got on for the last few minutes of the first half and played the whole second half but plenty of the team, myself included, were dead on their feet for the last 20 minutes of the game and Ken wasn't put on.

We actually played ok tonight but we were very tired in the second half. Should have used the subs more to freshen up the team.

But of all the lads that started with this team months ago, only four were in the starting eleven.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement