Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Lost 2-1. Went 1 nil up and lost our keeper. Quick corner kick and they leathered it into the net. Don't know how their second went in because I was too busy kicking a ball over to the waiting teams. If we had any way of a decent side out we would've played them off the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So what happened to the clear the air chat after the match tonight?

We can take it to the social group if you like?

Dunno what happened as I raced off for a rugby match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lemonbread

kensutz wrote: »
    Lads who are not registered were stuck down as yourself and Niall. Our left winger was totally crap and yet he stayed on the pitch till just before half time and then brought back on. I got asked once again about my "injury". It never ceases to amaze me that I'm back a couple of weeks and still injured. I think I'll get photo and video proof of my mileage on the bike and rugby fitness tests. I didn't get a run out yet everyone else did although probably not surprised give how **** our "manager" is.

I am ratting.. nah I'm jokin... but yee shouldn't admit that on a public forum... linked from the floodlit website... good game earlier lads :pac:

Lemonbread wrote: »
    I am ratting.. nah I'm jokin... but yee shouldn't admit that on a public forum... linked from the floodlit website... good game earlier lads :pac:

Don't give a toss tbh. It's out of order and totally against the spirit in which we set up the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

I have no problem saying thats pathetic and that id prefer Gerry to step down as manager if thats his idea of running "OUR" team...

If he wants to bring in his own lads he can set up his own team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lemonbread

Don't give a toss tbh. It's out of order and totally against the spirit in which we set up the club.

I was only blagardin boy, i wouldn't be into doin that.. keep at it and ye'll be alright.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

lads keep the team comments:pac: to the S-group page !!
    thats what it twas set up for :pac:

well done tonite could have scraped a draw but wasnt to be...

Training/teamtalk tuesday nite 8pm kingfisher
    meetup 7.50 so we can get going on time.

I'm not part of the "team" anymore unless something is done with the manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Couple of points:

1. Sorry I couldn't make it. Finishing up in work and didn't get put till 7.

2. Those lads are registered so don't worry about that I just wasn't there to confirm it.

3. In a word bringing those guys in is Bull****, we set up this team and simply put something has to be done.

4. Keep all further comments to the team page and can someone PM a link to it as I'm on the mobile site and don't know how to get to it.

5. Everyone try and come down Tuesday. Is that booked brian?

6. Unlucky lads, we'll get there.

ziedth wrote: »
    3. In a word bringing those guys in is Bull****, we set up this team and simply put something has to be done.

Who allowed them to be brought in? Someone needs to stand up for the team because as it stands, there's a lot of pissed off players. Having his favourites and lads who are fcuked in the second half and ignoring them is a load of crap. This Mario fella was absolutely woeful and being screamed at constantly yet he played on. Load of **** if you ask me.

ziedth wrote: »
    4. Keep all further comments to the team page and can someone PM a link to it as I'm on the mobile site and don't know how to get to it.

I've linked to the discussion page up above.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

WTF lads? I joined new 2 weeks ago to didnt i? Why is everybody giving out? Whats the link for that social group?

WTF lads? I joined new 2 weeks ago to didnt i? Why is everybody giving out? Whats the link for that social group?

We put the limit on players last week yet it was ignored. It's the same bull**** from the manager time and time again.

I invited you to the social group the other day. It's somewhere private to discuss the team.

I was all for stopping more players joining about a month ago. You were the exception though as we only had one keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

id like ta say my piece aswell, gerry was on my back for ages over stupid little things like telling me to track back wen i was playin up front :S we all make mistakes on the pitch it's normal for anyone, but the most mortifying time i had with the team was being brought on for 2 minutes, i made one f**k up and was taken straight back off i was never so embarrased my whole life and i was replaced for a player who was already knackered...i was fit for at least another 15 minutes.....

he once put me on full back wen i can't defend to save myself.... i cant play on the wings either i kept telling him i rather played attacking midfield or upfront. my asthmatic condition states i cant keep running back and forth, back and forth, back and forth hence why i chose never to play wings again it just kills my lungs. i play ten times better up front.

and im gona stick up for liam on this one anol i really felt like sayin sumthin to gerry after he had some go at liam after tonights match while gerry goes n says well done to everyone else. there's one thing to being disappointed with a player's performance but singling him out against everyone else is not on, im sorry.

ive been sayin this to myself for ages now but i think Gerry is sucking the fun out of this for everyone. ive never dreaded going to play football in my life until he stepped in.

no disrespect to any relatives of his but that's my opinion on gerry as a manager, from a player's perspective. and ive been dyin to say all this for months.

Dave you raised a point. What was said at the end of the game?

No matter how bad players are or want to improve, I went out every session we had in the Kingfisher to keep lads involved. That meant I kept passing to them to keep them involved, get a touch and build up confidence. I don't know what happens anymore since I can't make Tuesdays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Dave you raised a point. What was said at the end of the game?

No matter how bad players are or want to improve, I went out every session we had in the Kingfisher to keep lads involved. That meant I kept passing to them to keep them involved, get a touch and build up confidence. I don't know what happens anymore since I can't make Tuesdays.

pulled liam aside and told him something along the lines that he's not tryin, not 100% sure but it was along those lines, i heard the words 'not trying' and then left liam standing on his own singled out, while telling every single other player in the team 'well done' 'played well'. that's not even fair in my books like liams been here since day 1

liam plays brilliant wen gerry's not watching especially at training, there's alot of players that come out of their shell during training sessions including myself, scoring 5 goals in one of the small matches we had and gerry not even taking that into account that i actually can score goals if he gives me the chance to play up front but he never did unless it was 2mins till Full time

pretty much too late for me now anyway that's why i chose to de-register 4 weeks early than i was planning ta, no point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

sounds like liam got what i was gettin the last two games :D

''you play for yourself not the team'' :eek:

propably coz i'm not a member of ''his team''

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shammy82

Izy wrote: »
    sounds like liam got what i was gettin the last two games :D

''you play for yourself not the team'' :eek:

propably coz i'm not a member of ''his team''

sounds like you really need a new manager boys, someone who dont take it so serious, no point shouting and bawling at players they cant relax and play there game. your supposed to be enjoying yourselves. and ye should probably cut your squad in half, there looking for a new team, substanderd liege b ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

I remember when this thread started and to be honest I didn't think the team would get off the ground but in fairness ye have done a great job in organising it and the team is going strong etc. Alas it seems to me the reason the team was started has gone out the window and there appears to be little sign of enjoyment from most. Plus if the team now starts to become more non Boards tis time to start anew/make some changes.

Just my two cents from a neutral observer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Would be great if people weren't such damn cowards and aired an opinion face to face instead of making comments from the safety of their pc, we look like fools and everyone knows it. Say something to Gerrys face if its that bad

Would be great if people weren't such damn cowards and aired an opinion face to face instead of making comments from the safety of their pc, we look like fools and everyone knows it. Say something to Gerrys face if its that bad
    Would be great if people weren't such damn cowards and aired an opinion face to face instead of making comments from the safety of their pc, we look like fools and everyone knows it. Say something of shut the fk up

Yes it is that ****in bad.

Say so to the mans face then lads, there's too much backstabing.

Pretty sure something will be said. Also it's noticeable that the favourites have a completely biased view. Don't tell me you can't see it going on because it's pretty bloody obvious.

It might be so but what is the alternative? Lot of lads are quiet like church mice. In fairness, lads either have the balls to say something about change or just deal with it, this thread isn't the place

So much for being a "team". Like I said, a bunch of frauds brought in last night and each one of them were pure muck. Shouting at other players for no reason and giving them a bollocking in front of others. What's your opinion on the **** going on? Can you see where other players are coming from and why people have walked? If you say no well then that's a load of crap. Rather play with a weaker team and being beaten while stronger lads stand on the sidelines and rarely get a look in?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

looks like ya wont be happy till the team splits up..what did you say in the dressing room? Nothing.. couldnt wait to get home on your computer though... This is just gettin ridiculous now worse than a bunch of women

• Advertisement

Was I meant to know how the game would pan out? NO!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement