Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

oh so your basing this on lasts nights game is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

kensutz wrote: »
    Quite possibly my last one although I'm willing to see how things develop over the next week or two. I can't make training sessions because I'm in Cork on Tuesday evenings with rugby.
    alco.29 wrote: »
    oh so your basing this on lasts nights game is it?

There you go! Did things develop NO! Do you see the **** going on? Doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Lads this is getting us bloody knowhere, from my point a few notes:

Pretty obvious reason why nothing has been said to Gerry before is because nobody wanted to stick their neck out now maybe from the first match we should have said we didn't want players getting subbed on and off and lads not getting a run but we didn't and it's after bubbling over.

The situation with the new players Alan isn't on, I'm sorry but even if they were world class it still would be lousy and bad form. The fact they were no better/worse then our lads is unbelieveable. I'm going to say this to Gerry as it's goes against everything we started this team for.

Now that It's been mentioned that we are loosing sight of the reason we set this up, we were a bunch of lads that wanted a kick about and see how we'd do in the league. None of us thought we'd set the world alight but I think we have done ok. I hate loosing but I enjoy being involved in it again I'd rather be out loosing 6-1 to the White stripes then watching the champions league.

Kevin has told me that we are a bit unlucky as there aren't any seriously bad teams anymore and the poor teams have all gotten stronger. He said that had we have been in the old league 3/4 years ago we'd do well.

I'm just going to say what I want from Tuesday. I'd like there to be no more shouting and giving out (from us here and Gerry) and this treated as the social laugh we set it up to be. I'd like to see everyone who turns up at a match get a fair run out personally this may piss people off but see above about it being a social laugh, I don't want anymore new players even if they are epic this Is now our team.

That's my 0.02 cent and maybe all future talk on this should be moved to the social group ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

:pac:lads again? teamtalks for the group page ,:pac:

:)this is getting comical for everyone else thats readin it:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

DjBryn wrote: »

agree with this. We look like chumps to all the people looking a this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

DjBryn wrote: »

It's not comical, it's sad. As someone who has been interested in how the Boards team is doing, the current situation rankles with me. I've seen it all before though. I'd like nothing more than to come along some day and watch a game and maybe even get to know a few of the regular boardsies, but it seems to me that if I do show up, very few will be there. The team was set up to be a fun adventure for the regulars. Whether you won or lost didn't matter as you wanted to enjoy the experience together. Now, the blow-ins have come along and ruined it. It's not their fault though. You see, you appointed a manager and he wants to win. He wasn't part of the original spirit of things. He was asked to do a job and enjoying himself with the lads isn't it. He's not a boardsie.

What you need to do now is talk to him before the next game and say 'thanks for everything, but it's not what we wanted at the start'. No need for it to be a confrontation. Then, get back to basics and have the original squad turn up. You don't need a manager, just someone who has been there all along and has a rough idea of the strengths of the team. Get him to pick a starting XI and if he's playing himself, have him appoint someone on the line to roll the subs at their discretion. Soon enough, the team will take shape and you'll enjoy it more.

You'll enjoy a defeat with lads you're familiar with more than you'll enjoy a victory with people you've never met before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lemonbread

gscully wrote: »
    You'll enjoy a defeat with lads you're familiar with more

You'll never enjoy defeat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

I've just gotten off the phone with Gerry there and we talked about the things that are bein said here.

I said that if he is going to single out players for not being good enough then I would prefer him to not be manager. I said this to him and he said that that is not how it happened. He says that what he said to Liam was that he didn't try, and then Liam reacted..

Thats a different story than what has been said here to my eyes.

There are certainly things that everyone needs to say come Tuesday and this apparent mix-up has cleared it up in my eyes that this thread is not the place to talk about such things as for my part, it was too easy to misunderstand the situation..

So Im firmly agreed to a proper chat face to face on Tuesday... And I probably wont be posting in here anymore unless its about how the match went..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

my name has been brought up in the last few posts and i haven't mentioned anything. someone else mentioned me being singled out, not me. that's their view, not mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

mailrewop wrote: »
    my name has been brought up in the last few posts and i haven't mentioned anything. someone else mentioned me being singled out, not me. that's their view, not mine.

it's becoz gerry is pulling u aside and some of the boys have noticed u being yelled at more than anyone else. everyone gets yelled at during the match, he's shoutin at u wen the match is over. and even during training sessions he shouts at ya and most other people ..training sessions for f**k sake. no place for shoutin at players wen we only play 5 a side-style football during training. altho wer the hell am i gettin at anyway i'm only shouting out wat ive been seeing and id prefer to let everyone know rather than hold it in.

no1's mentioning ur name for nuttin like its just the most obvious example becoz he's never said one thing good about u at all since day one. not a single compliment. everyone's had at least one compliment from gerry and he's not given u the time of day. not a single spot of motivation, just a yelling.

• Advertisement

gscully wrote: »
    It's not comical, it's sad. As someone who has been interested in how the Boards team is doing, the current situation rankles with me. I've seen it all before though. I'd like nothing more than to come along some day and watch a game and maybe even get to know a few of the regular boardsies, but it seems to me that if I do show up, very few will be there. The team was set up to be a fun adventure for the regulars. Whether you won or lost didn't matter as you wanted to enjoy the experience together. Now, the blow-ins have come along and ruined it. It's not their fault though. You see, you appointed a manager and he wants to win. He wasn't part of the original spirit of things. He was asked to do a job and enjoying himself with the lads isn't it. He's not a boardsie.

What you need to do now is talk to him before the next game and say 'thanks for everything, but it's not what we wanted at the start'. No need for it to be a confrontation. Then, get back to basics and have the original squad turn up. You don't need a manager, just someone who has been there all along and has a rough idea of the strengths of the team. Get him to pick a starting XI and if he's playing himself, have him appoint someone on the line to roll the subs at their discretion. Soon enough, the team will take shape and you'll enjoy it more.

You'll enjoy a defeat with lads you're familiar with more than you'll enjoy a victory with people you've never met before!

Hit the nail on the head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

looks like my prediction is about to be true.

lads yer only fooling yerselves if ye carry on like this.its like yer denying the inevitable.better off to just get the sacking over and done with.ya can see how unhappy a lot of players are and dont even want to play football anymore.its totally gone against what the team was set up for.

the lad originally set it up so he could have a game of ball,he even said he wasnt great at football.so what,as long as he enjoyed playing.it doesnt seem like that anymore not just with him,but with every1 else.

cut yer losses or lose your team.your choice lads,man up.

oh what i dont understand is,has gerry not copped on to his players behaviour and mannerisms that their not happy?well if he cant see that,whats he doing managing your team?fecking useless man management,yer supposed to keep yer players happy not isolate them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Wont be around for your training this week as we have a match ourselves on Tuesday.

Best of luck in your match this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I invited you to the social group the other day. It's somewhere private to discuss the team.

I was all for stopping more players joining about a month ago. You were the exception though as we only had one keeper.

Ah rite cheers. Sorry didnt see that joined now nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hat_o_beads

Ah arent ye all so great sittn at home on yer computers bitchn like women! Man up n say it if ye hav a problem cos dis is actually ridiculous. Every game ye stand der lik a bunch ov lambs nobody has an opinion nobody opens der mouth! Bitchn about Gerry lik dat all ovr da internet is sick ye act shud b ashamed ov urselves...hes aftr puttin a lot ov time n effort in 2 dis and 4 wot...a bunch ov bakstabbers bad mouthin him! Grow up n speak if ye hav a problem! Dis is not da place

Ah arent ye all so great sittn at home on yer computers bitchn like women! Man up n say it if ye hav a problem cos dis is actually ridiculous. Every game ye stand der lik a bunch ov lambs nobody has an opinion nobody opens der mouth! Bitchn about Gerry lik dat all ovr da internet is sick ye act shud b ashamed ov urselves...hes aftr puttin a lot ov time n effort in 2 dis and 4 wot...a bunch ov bakstabbers bad mouthin him! Grow up n speak if ye hav a problem! Dis is not da place

English dictionary please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hat_o_beads

Im sure you understood

I just read it as a load of jibberish tbh. Anyone who comes on to a forum and can't use their keyboard in a proper manner gets ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

hob its only 3 or 4 heads at it, whats this ye business.............:confused:

n e y , ye av eh pint der lad frm wat ye sd....:)

I have a good idea who it is.

• Advertisement

Listen lads. I dont know who that lad is who just posted but lets make something very clear which seems to have been completely taken the wrong way...

There has been no intention on my part on on my brother's to "bitch" about anything behind anyone's back!! Thats ridiculous...

Gerry rang me to ask what was goin on and seemed to think i personally am slating him or something! WTF lads haha.. The only thing I have said about Gerry is that if he intends to single out individuals for harsh criticism then that is not on.. Now suddenly, this seems to have been changed into me having a go at him behind his back?

I responded to what Ken posted, and Gerry denied happening. Anything else about tactics or anything else has been discussed on here SINCE THE BEGINNING! I also told him face to face about my opinion on short kick-outs so explain this back-stabbing stuff to me? If indeed I am one of these being mentioned...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

What did he make of it all? Will he stay on do you think?

Gerry? I would say he probably will! Most of the team seems to have no reason for him not to so I wouldnt see him leaving like..

Unfortunately for the team that will result in several long time players leaving I would think...

What do you make of it? Like I know for a fact that you dont like the short kick-outs or whatever..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Short kick outs?I like them when the ball is distributed quickly from the back. We did it well on Thrs. The whole idea of having a coach was to give direction. Gerry is boss and thats that. If I had a problem with him I'd say it. He wants to win, so do I, to hell with having a laugh and fitness...losing is ****e so I'm 100% behind him.

I honestly do believe that everyone is of that same mentality of winning and playing for the team.. But also, when this whole thing was set up, there was the mentality agreed that we wanted to play well, not make a fool of ourselves, but that we would be different from all the other teams because we would be a group of people who came together with the idea of getting a nice game of ball going, and if we can win our matches then great.

Some people recognise that they may not be as good as others but I just have a feeling that this "back-stabbing" **** has been blown a bit out of proportion in fairnes and it happened because of people who have been here from the start been given like 2 minutes a game at the end and stuff,while players on the pitch were perhaps fatigued etc...

And to be fair I dont think that thats why it was set up in the beginning?

I would prefer that all of this bull is left where it is and the team goes back to being about everyone playing together, having FUN, and trying to get better. Ya can't lose sight of why everyone came in the first place I dont think... Maybe I'm on my own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ I 100% agree with this,

Sure I have mentioned things I might do differently (as if I know any better in reality) such as the short kick outs, players positions like I said I'd like to see Gary play RM at one stage and maybe formation but I'd say the same things about any team I supported and was in no way was meant to be bitchy or back stabbing.

Yes, I have had an issue with the subs policy with a few weeks in truth I was hoping it would sort itself out before something would be said. I'm starting to see I should have spoke up after the first game and I regret that.

Anyway, bit like Fergal said I'm keeping all future comments to the team fourm and posting here for match reports and announcemets. Just better all around I feel.

On another note, I won't be around for the match Thursday due to impending marriage on Friday and your all more then welcome to come down for a few drinks. It might be a good idea given the last week and I'll stick up the details on the team fourm or just say it to me Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

^^^

poor you :D all the best on your day sure :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Unfortunately I won't be able to make training or the match this week. I cracked a rib in last weeks game. Had a fairly robust shoulder charge from one of the defenders that I thought only winded me but seems slightly more damage was done.

I'll pop down on Thursday to watch the game anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

when is the next match lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

angry_fox wrote: »
    when is the next match lads?

Thursday at 7.15

Here's the fixtures & results for the season

http://www.soccerbot.com/fls/results/groupbb1011x.htm?Team=Substandard%20Liege

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement