Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

good little kick tonite lads, i just wanna clear the air here now i think we needed that little talk down there tonight. i had a word with gerry alone and i'm gona apologize for even bringing the issues up, was blown way out of proportion after all. i got it all wrong from the start. dylan and kieth made very spot on points and so did gerry himself, it is cowardly enough like sittin blabbering about it here on boards then sayin nuttin out on the pitch like it's stupid, so i'm glad i got to say my bit to gerry hope i'm on a few good books now don't fancy goin back ta scotland disliked and called a chicken shìt lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 stewman

keep at it lads hard to start a new team with new lads,ud be better off keeping the bitching to urselfs tho,as this can be seen by all flood lit soccer teams ye are doing yourselfs no favours,a team in turmoil is a goal down before ye start,take this as ye want just an opinion,hope ye push on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Hey how did ye get on tonight lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Lost 4-0 but the last two goals came from us pushing up for the last few minutes. 2-1 or 3-1 would have been a fair reflection I feel. They were a better team and once again I think our fitness showed as we were feeling it at the end of the second half.

Our new keeper Steven played a blinder and we played alright, we just had lots of injuries and only two subs. Dylan came off injured which was a blow but Fergal nearly got the game back to 2-1 with about 5 minutes to go, his shot just going wide. But I was watchin from the sidelines, Dave was injured, Adam and Niall couldn't make it.

So not as bad as the scorline suggested. I think we're improving each week. Just need to get our fitness up and work on our passing and composure.

Strangely the two Polish lads who played last week were on the bench tonight and disappeared midway through the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

No shame there lads,

Honestly I saw Icon play the White stripes off the park who mauled us by all accounts a few weeks ago so 10 out of 10 by the sound of it.

Glad to here steven did well. Hopefully
    we can pick it up and maybe het a result on Wednesday.

A little strange by the sound of it with the lads but maybe they didn't think they'd be getting a run or something.

Keep pushing, Icon are one of the three best teams in the league so like i said no shame there at
    all.

Let's just hammer lasskk's team on Wednesday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm okay for the cup match next week anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'm okay for the cup match next week anyway!

Yeah me too. Looking forward to it already. From talking to Jonny last night, it seems the result was a little unfair on us. Hopefully we can put in a good performance against Séa's team on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

I think the FSL is against me btw... Half a foot wide... FFs hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Slksht wrote: »
    I think the FSL is against me btw... Half a foot wide... FFs hahaha

Doesn't matter how far wide it was, you still missed! :P

substandard liege v slieverue rvrs is now a 7.15 kick off next thursday. please confirm you have received this message. thanks, kev

sadly I'm now going to miss that but €10 to the man who busts lassykk :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

ok lads kingfishr is block booked ,
    we have the mount sion astro booked from 7pm on tuesday its good for 10 a side so hope the numbers turn up bring a few mates for numbers..

directions:

head up ozman street and on thru the junction ,astro is located behind the social centre new carpark.

http://maps.google.ie/?ie=UTF8&ll=52.260882,-7.13047&spn=0.006974,0.019248&z=16

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

Quite a good game the other night. Thought that we more than held our own and that it was a combination of tiredness and just unlucky that got us in the end.
    Apologies for the 1st goal that was my fault I should have kicked it instead of throwing it. We have a good team and played some really good football at times the other night. Onwards and upwards now. Unfortunately I have work all day tuesday so cant make training but should be ok for the match on thursday.

P.S.
    Our new keeper Steven played a blinder
    Thanks for that lad appreciate it.

sadly I'm now going to miss that but €10 to the man who busts lassykk

I'm on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

How are we fixed for numbers tonight?

looks like we have 10-12
    anyone else wants to come along for the kick around they are welcome!

mount sion 7pm map link directions above

I might be down but I'm feeling shaky at best.

If ya don't hear from me take me as a no k?

ziedth wrote: »
    I might be down but I'm feeling shaky at best.

If ya don't hear from me take me as a no k?

Come up for the run it'll do you good!

I'll be there anyway and my cousin will also be along. Fergal is in Cork and Jonathan is working evenings so they're both out. Looking forward to it now although I have a mysterious strain at the back of my left knee.

I'd come down but with the match against this week don't think it would be a great idea ;)

Tactics being discussed, dirty tackles going in ;)

I'll leave it off till next week!!!

Ah c'mon, I'm sure we'll play nice!

Seriously though, I reckon we could be short on numbers so you should come along for a game.

Is Gerry going down or is it just a kick about?

If its just a kick about I will come down but if Gerry is there planning for the match I won't cos that genuinely isn't fair on ye (Not that I'd remember much but I don't think it would be right)

• Advertisement

I don't know so hopefully one of the other lads will be able to answer.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I don't know so hopefully one of the other lads will be able to answer.

Cheers anyway Niall

In the absence of a response about that I'd say count me out for now

yer welcome call along seamus just a 6 a side kick around

DjBryn wrote: »
    yer welcome call along seamus just a 6 a side kick around

Cheers I'll call down so... See ya then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

I'll be there...

fsl cup

sub liege v slieverue rovers 7.15pm28/10/2010

Best of luck lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

Howd training go lads? How are we set for the cup?

Howd training go lads? How are we set for the cup?

I think the training game went well myself. My cousin Jamie came up for his first game and I thought he did really well. He'll be along tomorrow again.

We played two touch the whole time and there was some great interplay between people. Thought Eoin had a stormer at centre half on our team too.

• Advertisement

I'm around tomorrow anyway. Should be okay for all the rest of the games too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement