Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'm around tomorrow anyway. Should be okay for all the rest of the games too.

Good news, you will be needed, looking forward to tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Any word on "new Dave"?

So many Daves, haven't heard from him in a few weeks

And what happened to Mick??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

As far as I'm aware new Dave is still injured. He's Dementor or something similar on here. Nobody's heard anything from Mick in a long time. Gerry said he's phoned him and gotten no response.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

Mick hasn't been online on this in over 2 weeks. I just left a wall post on his facebook asking him if he is still playing. Dementor is the centre back Dave and last week he said it could be a couple of weeks. Anybody know Shy Dave in real life:D that can ask him whats up.

Jamie was pretty good on the ball, Better than that Mario chap anyway. Tommy was good in the tackle an seems like a "fairly fit" centre mid and Gary and Dylan seem to be getting on good up front if there giving there chance together I feel they could be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Best of luck tonight lads. I'm out due to work. Will be back next week though, can't wait.

Tommy was good in the tackle an seems like a "fairly fit" centre mid.

Yeah I think Gerry's comment about Tommy hitting everything that moved the other night was quite apt.

Gary and Dylan seem to be getting on good up front if there giving there chance together I feel they could be good.

Yeah totally agree. Did very well together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

**** yeah!

That is all.

AdMMM wrote: »
    **** yeah!

That is all.

Very well put sir.

• Advertisement

Details please.

We won on penalties after 1 a piece draw. We played a good game, we are starting to gel quite well and we certainly weren't afraid tonight. This should kickstart our season. Can't single anybody out for praise 'cos everyone had a great game, really looking forward to our next game. Hopefully the conditions will be more favourable but that was damn well enjoyable tonight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

whoop whoop!! Finally a win

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

Great result last night lads. Great team performance from the front to the back especially in the 2nd half with that swirling wind and rain in our faces. Hopefully we can kick on from here now.
    Again delighted and well done everybody COME ON!!!! :D

Hi lads,

This is costing me a small fortune but I couldn't leave it go :)

Well done on the result. Keep it up now for Monday.

Website of our opponents tonight. Good laugh. :D

https://sites.google.com/site/bocaseniorsfc/home

Ha ha,

That is epic. And I thought we were bad on here. I really LOL'd at the ate seniors **** article. Seem
    like a decent bunch of lads, now go out and hammer them :)

If someone would stick up a quick match report too I'd appreciate it.

Yeah the site is calss in fairness. Good craic. We should have developed an online rivalry with them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah the site is calss in fairness. Good craic. We should have developed an online rivalry with them!

we can start it now!! most of us our lurkers on here anyway lol!!

this is the game of the season for both teams!!

Boca Seniors coming off the back of their first league win, Substandard coming off there progression to the 2nd round of the cup!!

The fight to avoid coming last in the league, its like winning the champions league times a billion!!

its got the smell of 0-0 draw written all over it;)!!

Yes beating Boca Seniors should be one of the team goals this year!

But I think we should possibly aim a little higher like at least mid table by the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Well that's certainly a bigger team goal than we had at the start of the last match which was "win the toss lads, just make sure you win the toss!" :p

I fancy myself for a hattrick tonight. Been watching a lot a premiership football so think I have this game down now. :D

I must email the admin on theor site,

Write an article that one of us bad mouthed them or something. Be a bit of a laugh like.

Keep it up now lads, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

We have some new articles up now lads, ye should get a laugh at them!!

Hope its a good game tonight, hopefully the best team wins(Boca Seniors)......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 And428

Week 8

we should be proud of our performance tonight, we played a decent team on a strange pitch with only one sub, that game will bring us on as a team!!!

6-0, 1-0, 7-0, 2-0, 4-4,4-0,6-0 hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

And428 wrote: »
    Week 8

we should be proud of our performance tonight, we played a decent team on a strange pitch with only one sub, that game will bring us on as a team!!!

6-0, 1-0, 7-0, 2-0, 4-4,4-0,6-0 hahahahaha

The smell of trout off that post has me fetching for me rod!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

Well lads, I'll be back tonight. Glad to see the mood on here seems much improved.

Amazing what a win will do, we may have to fix a couple games:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 steev84

And428 wrote: »
    Week 8

In fairness that was Duxsy, a member of the Boca team who has severe mental retardation who cannot be held responsible for what he says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

steev84 wrote: »
    In fairness that was Duxsy, a member of the Boca team who has severe mental retardation who cannot be held responsible for what he says.

That and he supports Spurs would further confirm that retardation. At least he is out of tonight with Flu.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement