Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

**** Sake!! Went over on my ankle for the 6th time in three weeks just now! It's swollen like a tennis ball.

Good luck tonight lads, was really lookin forward to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Frustrating night tonight. I think the opposition keeper deserved the man of the match. Shame one of our many shots didn't creep over the line. We played very well tonight, I just think our passing game suffered in the second half, probably due to tiredness. But on another night we could have scored two or three.

Personally I'm disappointed that I only got on for the last 5 minutes, very hard to get into the game in such a short time. But this is a team sport and there's always next week.

Well done lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

17189-130475-RageFace2png-620x.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Well done Boca. Your keeper deserves the champagne alright! But fair play to you. You nearly caught us a couple of times on the counter attack.

It did indeed stink of 0-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

good game lads, I thought ye played well ye have a few good quality players to say the least.

I think ye just shaded it overall and played the better football, although we had a couple of chances we might have put away another day

Best of luck in the rest of yer games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

BazBox wrote: »
    I think ye just shaded it overall and played the better football, although we had a couple of chances we might have put away another day.
    well fair play yee had few on target, we would have won on points with shots over the bar ,in an aussie rules game....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

DjBryn wrote: »
    well fair play yee had few on target, we would have won on points with shots over the bar ,in an aussie rules game....

well thats it, we should have put away one of our chances, I had a brilliant chance near the end of the game but hit it right at the keeper from a cross on the right, in the end I think we were happy to be just keeping ye at shots from a distance and relying on misses or our keeper saving our ass!!

think our 4-3-3 might need to be changed a bit, over-run in midfield with the extra bodies ye had in there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 steev84

Ya know what they say... To become the best, you have to beat the best... And Substandard couldn't beat us tonight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

steev84 wrote: »
    Ya know what they say... To become the best, you have to beat the best... And Substandard couldn't beat us tonight!!!

I would like to request that a Mod ban this imbecile:pac:

steev84 wrote: »
    didnt get bet either:P was a good game ...

kickaround kingfisher thurs 4TH 8pm SHARP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

What are numbers like for tonight??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I can't make it anyway. Am okay for match next week. If a day can be decided on tonight for training next week, I can get that off too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Me & Tomas will be along if that's OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

More the merrier and all that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

Unfortunately cant make it tonight lads. Will there be more training before next weeks game?

well lads next kickaround is on

tuesday 9th @ kingfisher 8pm sharp!

sub'std liege v nymphobrainacs 7.15 thurs 11th

squad meet up 6.50pm

Looking forward to the kickaround tomorrow and the match on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I threw out my back again Saturday night jumping up the steps to the ATM on parnell street so I'm MIA for the time being I'm afraid.

I'm becomming seriously disillusioned with it now TBH.

Gale force winds out lads. Is the match going ahead tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Gale force winds out lads. Is the match going ahead tonight?

lol:D

lol:D

:confused: Serious question. Part of my garden fence just blew across the garden. And looking at the floodlit soccer website the other game that's scheduled today has an X against it which I presume means canceled.

You could try give Kevin a ring, you want me to PM you his number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

good game tonight lads.winds didnt help matters but still good match,ye arent as bad as was been made out by yourselves on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Mooley22 wrote: »
    good game tonight lads.winds didnt help matters but still good match,ye arent as bad as was been made out by yourselves on this.

Great game lads - from all ye're talk on this we were expecting an easy game but was the total opposite - fair play.
    Substandard thoroughly deserved to win but even a point goes a long way.
    On the negative side we now have a full set of jerseys for sale as a lot of the players are now switching over to the new W.I.T league so if anyone knows of anyone looking for a set of purple nike jerseys only used for 3 games pm me :)
    Again good game and thoroughly deserved the point. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

:confused: Serious question. Part of my garden fence just blew across the garden. And looking at the floodlit soccer website the other game that's scheduled today has an X against it which I presume means canceled.

the "x" beside the matches is a forecast of a draw as far as im aware!

What was the score lads? Sounds like ya did well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

its was 1-1 deserved point for both teams i think

1-1 Matt. We were up for most of the game but they equalised close to the end. Probably a fair result though as they were getting on top of us towards the end.

It was a good game though. I'm frustrated as hell however. Came off the bench in the second half and ran for about 5 minutes before my ribs started at me again. Couldn't breathe then and have to be subbed off. Really thought the fracture would have healed by now.

But we played well for a lot of the game. We could have kept the ball a bit better in the second half, myself being very guilty of some terrible touches, and it's a shame we couldn't hold on for the win. But still, 3 games unbeaten now. We just need that bit of luck to start winning games.

• Advertisement

Good game lads, share spoils was a fair result, say we ok 4 kit for now , so elbowz yee leavin the league or regrouping...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement