Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

DjBryn wrote: »
    Not surprised the beatch was rantin behind me back, did
    n't shut his mouth
    From the kickoff
    ill.be startin in my. Usual place nxt thurs anyone has problem with that stay at home,as for blowins opinions,
    Who gives a toss....l

Myself, gary,alan are only 3 there from the start,
    and most everyone else left for not gettin a run,or mouthin from the line,time for the mouth to call it a day,methinks and anyone else who wants to go with him

Brian what the hell is wrong with ya lad? He wasnt ranting behind your back hes said it to your face many times brian and youv never EVER listened to anybody.

Youl be startin in your usual place will ya well dont think its your call there lad. Manager picks the team and as for blowins here i joined this team on boards didnt i? A few others did to. Im Stephen the goalkeeper in case anybody wants to know and just because you were there at the start dosent give you the divine right to rant and demand a start and throw tantrums as you see fit. I joined through boards and guess what everybody has a right to be on the team if they asked and everybody agreed. Dont start this whole blowin nonsense when things arent going for ya.
    Captain my hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Brian what the hell is wrong with ya lad? He wasnt ranting behind your back hes said it to your face many times brian and youv never EVER listened to anybody.

Youl be startin in your usual place will ya well dont think its your call there lad. Manager picks the team and as for blowins here i joined this team on boards didnt i? A few others did to. Im Stephen the goalkeeper in case anybody wants to know and just because you were there at the start dosent give you the divine right to rant and demand a start and throw tantrums as you see fit. I joined through boards and guess what everybody has a right to be on the team if they asked and everybody agreed. Dont start this whole blowin nonsense when things arent going for ya.
    Captain my hole.

Couldnt have put it better meself :)
    Eamonn here by the way incase anyones wondering :)
    Im one of these "blow ins" that your hinting at Brian and even though i wasnt here from the start i've been a boards member since well before it, changed my shifts in work to accomodate every match and havent missed one yet. Fair enough I myself get pissed off if I don't play or if im taking off because ive changed so many things to be there but ive learned to deal with it - who doesn't....But to refuse to come off the pitch because your being subbed is taking it a bit extreme man.
    The penalty itself and the free kicks should not have been conceded at all - there was no real threat, Gerry is standing on the sideline managing the team ,you were on the pitch as the supposed captain, Gerry can see a lot more going on than you can from where he is and thats why everyone listens to him.
    To be honest even though ive had so many arguments with Gerry from time to time before,through or after matches about this or that there is only one decision he's made that I'd ever disagree with and thats the decision to keep you as captain after the way youve been for the last few games and id stand by every other decision made whether it benefits me or not -
    In my honest opinion if I was to pick anyone as captain on the team its the one person who didnt mind moving from position to position to help out and even threw on the gloves yesterday when we were stuck with Stevie been out and id reckon everyone else on the team would think the same.

Remember theres no "I" or "Brian" in the word team........

ziedth wrote: »
    When's your last game? Think I'd like to go down for a look. Old times sake and all that.

Thursday Week @ 6:15 vs Team America
    Fcuk Yeah !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Funnily enough, it's just over a year since we started this thread and the few months make for some great reading, the enthusiasm bursts off the screen, it's kinda sad to see how it is now.

I know I took a step back(it wasn't cause I couldn't get a game BTW) so my input on this is worth next to nothing but I really enjoyed the 7 side games and yes my short time for the league games. It's looking every more likely that I won't be able to properly run again so Its safe to say I might have kicked my last ball in a match.

I'd personally kill to be in the situation where I could get taken off ya know?

Funnily enough, it's just over a year since we started this thread and the few months make for some great reading, the enthusiasm bursts off the screen, it's kinda sad to see how it is now.

I know I took a step back(it wasn't cause I couldn't get a game BTW) so my input on this is worth next to nothing but I really enjoyed the 7 side games and yes my short time for the league games. It's looking every more likely that I won't be able to properly run again so Its safe to say I might have kicked my last ball in a match.

I'd personally kill to be in the situation where I could get taken off ya know?

Ya it is kinda sad to see how it is now. If everybody actually pulled in together instead of going off on one then wed have a good ol team there.
    P.S. Well said lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

Elbozo & celtfudd plz get a room and multiquote each other there,bring some jerrie posters to oodle on as yer at it..enjoy......

@ ken thats true was talkin bout startin 11 tho, this is gon on a while minager,subbin off ,or not givin a game same heads every week,so it had to come to a headl
    @ chkrase ur only gettin a game coz I said to jerriee at the same time give you n liam more of a run...

Elbozo and celtfudd ah ha ah ha well done dj bryan wooooo spin those tunes ya young thing ya. Wow and you want us to get a room and all. Lad for the love of god would you ever GROW UP. Here it is again with attacking anybody who dosent go with ya.
    @djbryan wow still great name, whats gone on a while? Liams got run in the team, eamonn has, chris has come in and got a run, eoghain etc etc i can go on and on everybody has got a run in the team at some point lad. Its not all down to super brian its caus the lads put in the work lad. Once again GROW UP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

Elbozo & celtfudd plz get a room and multiquote each other there,bring some jerrie posters to oodle on as yer at it

Lol class: )

Lads when is 7aside startin again really enjoyed the kickaround last summer,three of us used go down the kingfisher there

Lol class: )

Lads when is 7aside startin again really enjoyed the kickaround last summer,three of us used go down the kingfisher there

I'll start a separate thread about it when all the unplesentness is gone and season over. I wouldn't mind just going down and spraying the ball all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Seems to be a shame the way some things turned out on reflection. We have 40 players registered for us..mad! Would have been nice to see alot of the old faces stayin on like Johnny, Tomas, Niall, Fergal, Dave(all of 'em), Mick etc. It's been a long season where alot of time and money have been spent and I'd like to say well done and thanks to ALL who were envolved

• Advertisement

Agreed theres been to much negativity this year. SUBSTANDARD LIEGE YA!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

Thats great, cheers! Zedith

For what it's worth I can genuinely say that I liked anyone I met through the team.

Elbozo & celtfudd plz get a room and multiquote each other there,bring some jerrie posters to oodle on as yer at it..enjoy......

@ ken thats true was talkin bout startin 11 tho, this is gon on a while minager,subbin off ,or not givin a game same heads every week,so it had to come to a headl
    @ chkrase ur only gettin a game coz I said to jerriee at the same time give you n liam more of a run...

First off i think that you think Mr Check Raise is someone else, don't think your thinking of the right person lad.....

Secondly: You were one of the people who was starting week in week out and you got dropped once and didnt bring your gear for the 2 games after because of it( because you were "injured").......All your missing is your drama queen crown lad.....

As for everything else be a man and GROW THE FCUK UP......

Liege For Life :D lol

For what it's worth I can genuinely say that I liked anyone I met through the team.

Ya so have I. Great bunch of lads. Have never got into the mud slinging either earlier in the season. Think wev a good team spirit to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Wow the one thing I thought ye always had was a good team spirit. There was also good banter and time I came down for a kick around.

Would be a shame to lose that.

Myself (Séamus), Matt (Ziedth) & Tomas (Izy) are gonna try make it out to watch the last game and I will try make the kick around on Tuesday if it still goes ahead.

Hope ye get your team issues resolved cos be a shame if it fell apart on ye.

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

There is great team spirit - losing 6-7 games in a row and everyone still turned up week in week out - that'l tell you what its like going on results from last 5 games .
    Its just a shame one dope just tries to rip it apart because they can't get there own way :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Lads if it's any interest to ye, there's a summer league starting up in Carriganore if you want to continue playing into the summer.

kensutz wrote: »
    Lads if it's any interest to ye, there's a summer league starting up in Carriganore if you want to continue playing into the summer.

Id be up for that - ye looking for players?

NEWSFLASH: Ryan Giggs has stated today that he doesnt want Nani playing as he has been there a lot longer than him and has also stated if he does want to continue showing up for matches he's bring his ball home and not let him play with it..............:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Nope we have our team in it since we play in the league that's been going on since October. Just giving you lads a heads up to register an interest if you fancy playing. Our league is finishing in a couple of weeks and then it's straight into the Summer league.

Trolls stop trolling the thread,
    Havnt read any the ,yawn, posts but saw some multiquotes.......

As one the few remaining founders/ organisers of the team I am considering sacking.the manager

Fudd and bozo stop trolling the thread,

As one the few remaining founders/ organisers of the team I am considering sacking.the manager

,spoke to him today ,and texted him on some quotes from here and was unsurprised to get an earful of the disgusting colorful language that has been coming from the line all season but got worse of late,
    he's unfit to manage a herd of heffiers never mind a footie team.....

@the trolls 'quiet now kids!

Man your seriously delusional lol

P.S you havent read our "yawn" quotes but you were able to quote them back :rolleyes:

Fudd and bozo stop trolling the thread,

,spoke to him today ,and texted him on some quotes from here and was unsurprised to get an earful of the disgusting colorful language that has been coming from the line all season but got worse of late,
    he's unfit to manage a herd of heffiers never mind a footie team.....

@the trolls 'quiet now kids!
    What are you on about lad? Trolls eh. So apparantly if I reply defending myself im trolling is that what your implying?
    Ya may start typing properly lad some of the stuff your saying i cant understand. Lad you have absolutely no authority to sack the manager ha ha. Football Manager by Sports Interactive is the game I believe your looking for.
    Have you been to any game in the world lad? Managers swear and curse its what happens. Stop being such a bitch about being taken off and man up god.

P.S. Oh no im trolling by replying ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! Grow up lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Seems to be a shame the way some things turned out on reflection. We have 40 players registered for us..mad! Would have been nice to see alot of the old faces stayin on like Johnny, Tomas, Niall, Fergal, Dave(all of 'em), Mick etc. It's been a long season where alot of time and money have been spent and I'd like to say well done and thanks to ALL who were envolved

Yeah I agree with you Gary, it would have been nice for everyone to stay involved. I'm not going to get into it again but the vast majority of those departures come back to the manager. Whether he's right or wrong and whether everyone who left is right or wrong is neither here nor there at this stage. I do miss it and never had a problem with one person on the team. Great bunch of lads.

Do you think Substandard Liege will be going again next season or is this it?

nkay1985 wrote: »

Do you think Substandard Liege will be going again next season or is this it?

Id hope to see it run into next season meself :)

Any of the other original founders, have input
    Re: on the proposed sacking of jd
    Pm your views, so I can make a final decision..

Thanks for the feedback lads ill, let him know later..

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Hi guys, some of you remember me.
    Was there at the start, got injured and decided not to come back for one reason or the other.
    Just wanted to wish you luck for the last game, was always enjoyable having the kickaround with you lot.
    Met some very sound fellas, and one or two maniacs! Best of luck and thanks for everything.

• Advertisement

Any of the other original founders, have input
    Re: on the proposed sacking of jd
    Pm your views, so I can make a final decision..

Seriously man grow up for yourself , for every post your making its just proving our point more and more..........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement