Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Floodlit Soccer Team

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 DunmoreRode

This is really car crash stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

It really is lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

what is the story with next year, there's a meeting tomorrow night at 7pm for all teams to discuss the new season. me personally i hope it continues next year, i really enjoyed it despite all the ups and downs and most of all i enjoyed being part of the team even though i do miss the kick arounds we had in the kingfisher and if the team does end i think we should try and get that up and running again at least for the summer but i do hope we have enough people interested for the next season. it would be a shame for the team to end after our first season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

id like to play again next year and wouldnt mind a kick about during the summer aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

mailrewop wrote: »
    what is the story with next year, there's a meeting tomorrow night at 7pm for all teams to discuss the new season. me personally i hope it continues next year, i really enjoyed it despite all the ups and downs and most of all i enjoyed being part of the team even though i do miss the kick arounds we had in the kingfisher and if the team does end i think we should try and get that up and running again at least for the summer but i do hope we have enough people interested for the next season. it would be a shame for the team to end after our first season.

I think if we let it go for the summer it will be hard to get it again for next season.It may be harder in the summer with better teams but it will prepare us for 2011/12 season i think,
    Lets see how many we have interested:

Summer League
    2011/12 Season

1. Eamonn Russell
    Eamonn Russell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Seems to be a shame the way some things turned out on reflection. We have 40 players registered for us..mad! Would have been nice to see alot of the old faces stayin on like Johnny, Tomas, Niall, Fergal, Dave(all of 'em), Mick etc. It's been a long season where alot of time and money have been spent and I'd like to say well done and thanks to ALL who were envolved

In fairness I did leave the country! :D

But I did storm off alright. Had enough of Gerry mouthing to be honest. Only wanted a game of ball for the laugh. Didn't need to be constantly criticised from the sideline. Not what I wanted so I left. Simple as. Fair play to Gerry for managing the team but I don't think he did a very good job on the man management side of things. The exodus of most of the original players I think proves that. But still, no regrets. Glad the team is still going (sort of!) though. Substandard Liege till I die! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya I agree with Johnny, even the picture on the website has the majority of the orginal team. Even though it won't strictly be our team it would be nice to see the name continue on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

ziedth wrote: »
    Ya I agree with Johnny, even the picture on the website has the majority of the orginal team. Even though it won't strictly be our team it would be nice to see the name continue on.

I missed the picture actually. :D

But it was good to get it going and I think it was an achievement. I miss the 7-a-side we used to have at the beginning. Was great to get a regular game of ball. Something I'm sorely missing over here in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

DjBryn wrote: »
    Not surprised the beatch was rantin behind me back, did
    n't shut his mouth
    From the kickoff
    ill.be startin in my. Usual place nxt thurs anyone has problem with that stay at home,as for blowins opinions,
    Who gives a toss....l

Myself, gary,alan are only 3 there from the start,
    and most everyone else left for not gettin a run,or mouthin from the line,time for the mouth to call it a day,methinks and anyone else who wants to go with him

You my friend, are a retard and shouldn't be allowed on the internet. Learn to spell as well please
    Elbows22 wrote: »
    First off i think that you think Mr Check Raise is someone else, don't think your thinking of the right person lad.....

Secondly: You were one of the people who was starting week in week out and you got dropped once and didnt bring your gear for the 2 games after because of it( because you were "injured").......All your missing is your drama queen crown lad.....

As for everything else be a man and GROW THE FCUK UP......

I is Eoin! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

You my friend, are a retard and shouldn't be allowed on the internet.

LMAO :D:D:D

• Advertisement

You my friend, are a retard and shouldn't be allowed on the internet. Learn to spell as well please

+1
    lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

Another day another troll, lol,I won't bite....

Anyways jerry. is sacked as manager from today,
    Sub liege will ,be goin back to basics 7aside kickaround for the moment after nxt thurs,

Jerri may be continuing his new rebranded outfit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

0878.DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Sub liege will ,be goin back to basics 7aside kickaround for the moment after nxt thurs,

Jerrie will be continuing his new rebranded outfit,
    Tesco celtic,or jerryatrick fc something along those lines

lmao- ya actually dont know when to give up lol :D

Maybe you can get the other 13 year olds to make up your breakaway team lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I had to step back from the team because of the cluster**** that was the election campaign, my job and college. I often committed to turning up to a game but something always came up which was annoying and not fair to Gerry and the lads.

I'm a bit surprised at all the mudslinging that's going on here again - a bit disappointed actually. I really thought that the team got over that given what happened on this thread before.

I hope that I can be part of something related to the team over Summer but I don't know what's happening next week, let alone this Summer!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Warning

This thread is an absolute train wreck. Could people please have some cop on and respect when posting here, or otherwise go elsewhere?

Read the charter and the site rules you were all sent when joining Boards.ie. Personal abuse is not permitted. Respect the posters around you - if you don't like what they say, ignore them or just attack the post and not the poster.

Any further crap like we have seen in this thread to date will be dealt with swiftly and strong by the forum mods because it seems some people are not getting the message.

Read the charter and site rules before posting again. No more warnings.

Jerrie will be continuing his new rebranded outfit,
    Tesco celtic,or jerryatrick fc something along those lines

Ok "in Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion". Theres your definition lad. I believe that would point to yourself with your constant posting about manager changing and what a "beach" he is etc etc.
    Whats Tesco celtic or jerryatrick about? I dont work in tesco. theres no rebranding going on anywhere djbryn :o. Good luck lad.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ok "in Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion". Theres your definition lad. I believe that would point to yourself with your constant posting about manager changing and what a "beach" he is etc etc.
    Whats Tesco celtic or jerryatrick about? I dont work in tesco. theres no rebranding going on anywhere djbryn :o. Good luck lad.

Banned - 24hrs.

Sully wrote: »
    Banned - 24hrs.

Bit of a silly decision when you take the time to look back at the posts from DJBryn :)

Bit of a silly decision when you take the time to look back at the posts from DJBryn :)

Mod Note

Who says I haven't? If you have a problem, please report it to the mods. Even if its an issue with how moderation is done.

Please get back to the main topic at hand and lets leave personal annoyance or grievances outside the door. Otherwise, as I said, we will respond swiftly.

• Advertisement

Jerri may be continuing his new rebranded outfit

Bit late lad - The Liege lives on :) Already registered for next season :)

@ Sully - If you have read over everything then please explain how this is acceptable so :)

Elbozo & celtfudd plz get a room and multiquote each other there,bring some jerrie posters to oodle on as yer at it..enjoy........

Not surprised the beatch was rantin behind me back, did
    n't shut his mouth
    From the kickoff
    ill.be startin in my. Usual place nxt thurs anyone has problem with that stay at home,as for blowins opinions,
    Who gives a toss....l

Myself, gary,alan are only 3 there from the start,
    and most everyone else left for not gettin a run,or mouthin from the line,time for the mouth to call it a day,methinks and anyone else who wants to go with him
    Muppets and beatchz in general,
    got somewhat to add.....?

Hopefully the. Beatchz will keep their gobs shut, both on and off the pitch
    For this one,
    heard after some muppet Was moutin to the ref after the teva penno,lucky muppet indeed,that only the ref heard him...

@ Sully - If you have read over everything then please explain how this is acceptable so :)

Mod Note

Okay, its clear you haven't got the message. Take the day break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 HayZ 3426

Sully wrote: »
    Mod Note

Okay, its clear you haven't got the message. Take the day break.

trippin:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

8pm. Tuesday 26th. open kickaround
    kingfisher
    All welcome!

Hi guys is this on Tuesday,would'nt mind a good game of ball after the bank holiday....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Hi guys is this on Tuesday,would'nt mind a good game of ball after the bank holiday....

Might be a bit of tension if everyone turns up.

Could put Sully and DjByrn on one team and elbows22 and Celticutd87 on the other and see how it pans out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

Time to move on now, and forget about joking / sarcastic comments for a while

At the fsl meeting last nite it was proposed that there will be a league running come autumn with around 14 teams, including sub liege and the ex managers new outfit...

Give it a break for few weeks no point startin tue now
    And hopefully that's an end to the trolling via jd's texts as became apparent at our meeting last night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 HayZ 3426

Short Notice But If Any One Wants To Play A Friendly Game For Deise Devils Tonite At 6.15 Gimme A Txt At 0861577785

Time to move on now, and forget about joking / sarcastic comments for a while

At the fsl meeting last nite it was proposed that there will be a league running come autumn with around 14 teams, including sub liege and the ex managers new outfit...

Give it a break for few weeks no point startin tue now
    And hopefully that's an end to the trolling via jd's texts as became apparent at our meeting last night...
    There was no trolling just responses brian and can i ask what via jd's texts means? Also just wanted to say iv heard a very different account of what happened at the meeting and no it was not from the manager.
    But ya know what im not wasting my breath anymore on you brian iv said what iv said so have you if you have anything else to say PM me or say it to my face at the match next thursday.

• Advertisement

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Im injured and i dunno if sully plays but would be a fun game i think ha ha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement